• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Play, Power, Pass! Generation III.

Jim

Dinner
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    When you are finished and have beat the Leader, position yourself in front of him/her. Go to, "File > Save > Save it to your desktop." Then post it on your next post with your screenshots.

As soon as the Gym Leader's beaten, save it then post the .SGM file. Directions are in the first post.

Remember, upload the .SGM file that appears when you File>Save and upload that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Okay, then I'm done.

I trained up a Mankey. Why ? Adamant Primeape will have base stat of attack of around 118, and good speed too. It's a great physical sweeper, at least for Kanto region :P It got good movepool too, considering how many TMs it can learn. I also taught it Rock Tomb, so it rapes bugs and flying pokes. Level 15 is normal for that part of the game.

Play, Power, Pass! Generation III.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • What the...? Ha ha ha. That's the funniest thing I have ever heard. Why Tony Blair though? Is that your name or something, or it just came to you?

Why not Tony Blair? XD

Seriously, just sort of came to me. Mostly because I'm tired of hearing jokes about Bush and Clinton. (Not that I disagree with some of them. Just that after eight years of the former and barely a year of the latter, you kinda want to hear something else.)

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    It are now my turn. :D

So, like, yeah.

Edit: What version of VBA are you using, DeadDuck?

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I got an error message. eepz! And GTFOn MSN, Nick!

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    That's good; I have 1.7.2.

Everyone Download 1.8.0 beta 3!!

Edit: k, officially started.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Kay, I'm done. DeadDuck, I'm proud of you; ditching the starter Pokémon, I always do that. *tears of joy*

In Team:

In Box:

Other:

I got emotionally attached to that little Paras; then after some hot Paras on Misty action, he evolved. Also, 10 Points to anyone who notices something peculiar about the Magikarp.

That was fun, except I think I'm now sexually attracted to Paras.

Edit: Gah! I forgot to save! Luckily I saved just before Misty... Save file will be up momentarily.
    Edit 2: Here we go!
    Edit 3: I was Lucky with the Natures, Pidgey got Jolly on the second try and I wasn't checking for a specific nature for Paras, but it got Adamant :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Yes, but with the crazy people at this forum I didn't want a rival called 'Fagballs'. Something inappropriate. Plus it's my PPP so nyah! Call Pokémon anything you want, I am specifically requesting someone to call a Drowzee Tony Blair [it doesn't have to be on the team].

Yes, the Magikarp.... what an "interesting" name. (Hey, at least he didn't name his RIVAL that :P).

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    xD I'm a perfectionist; as soon as I loaded DeadDuck's file I was disappointed to find the name as 'Red' as apose to 'RED' xDD *slaps self*

Jax, it are now your turn.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    xD I'm a perfectionist; as soon as I loaded DeadDuck's file I was disappointed to find the name as 'Red' as apose to 'RED' xDD *slaps self*

:| whoops. Anyway, I'm glad you didn't had anything against dumping Bulbasaur deep in PC. Hilton is pretty cool, and I like it's moves. Also teaching Mankey Mega *'s was pretty nice idea, you took good care of it. :P

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    :| whoops. Anyway, I'm glad you didn't had anything against dumping Bulbasaur deep in PC. Hilton is pretty cool, and I like it's moves. Also teaching Mankey Mega *'s was pretty nice idea, you took good care of it. :P

Flattering will get you nowhere. ← Lawlz, j.k.

xD

Thanks, I was a bit iffy about the Mankey and the Mega Moves. But I thought. "They're both Normal 'physical moves'. They're better than Scratch and Fury Swipes. And they can be erased when needs be." So yeah.

Hilton/Parasect. Obvious, sucky and unoriginal, name pun. As long as we can use it until after Erika, it can learn some okay Grass-Type moves and Slash. Just, bare with it. ;]

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Flattering will get you nowhere. ← Lawlz, j.k.

xD

Thanks, I was a bit iffy about the Mankey and the Mega Moves. But I thought. "They're both Normal 'physical moves'. They're better than Scratch and Fury Swipes. And they can be erased when needs be." So yeah.

Hilton/Parasect. Obvious, sucky and unoriginal, name pun. As long as we can use it until after Erika, it can learn some okay Grass-Type moves and Slash. Just, bare with it. ;]

Well, Parasect is just a Spore machine, and with STABed Giga Drain and Aerial Ace, it's usable poke for Kanto. Those double weaknesses are pain, trough.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Uh, would anyone want to kill me after I said I replaced Mega Kick with Seismic Toss? XD (Mega Kick < Seismic Toss anyway, in my opinion. Mostly because my luck says, "LOL, U CAN HAS MISS NOW, KTHNX.")

That said, done!

Team

Side note, but Hilton is awesome. He totally smacked Surge's Raichu the way a drunk Paris Hilton would smack Lohan after catching her with the latest boy toy.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd get a Drowzee named Tony Blair. Seriously, I love it. Mostly, I love being able to crack up in immature giggles when I see things like this:

Box

No changes except...

Oh, best part about that Diglett? The nature.

I swear to God, I wasn't even trying for one like that.

Hindsight says I should've named the Diglett "Orgasm," but hey, that's what the Name Rater is for.

Also, yes, Ekans is named Jackson. As in Michael Jackson. I would finish this joke with the punchline involving Wrap and low-leveled Pokemon, but I think we all know where that one's going.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    ROFL.

Anyway, if Jax has finished with the shenanigans; it's Ell☺'s turn.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I wouldn't recommend naming them innapropriate names like penis or something. We might get yelled at.

But that Hypno is staying on the team. It's amazing. [/ILOVETONYBLAIR]

But I still want that Lapras named Tabitha.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I wouldn't recommend naming them innapropriate names like penis or something. We might get yelled at.

But that Hypno is staying on the team. It's amazing. [/ILOVETONYBLAIR]

It's a Drowzee. Hypno is the Poké I raised in the GSC PPP. Lawl, Hypno; Parasect, I raise the best Pokés.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I wouldn't recommend naming them innapropriate names like penis or something. We might get yelled at.

Fair enough. XD We can keep him as Climax, then.

And thank you for the comment about Tony Blair. It's not a Hypno yet, but hey, it's just a couple levels away. Unless, of course, someone decides not to evolve it to preserve its awesomeness.

Hey, if we're requesting names, could I request that anyone who manages to catch a Kangaskhan name it "Your Mom"?

Back