• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    While I'm currently working on my third box full of competitive Pokemon, I don't have the patience to breed for certain Hidden Powers. I'd really like to get an HP Ice M-Manectric or HP Fire Magnezone, but relying on random number drops is even more annoying in these cases as it is when not caring about HPs and I'm also not a fan of asking others to do the job.

Also I really respect people who manage to SR their legendaries. I tried it once and I gave up really fast. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Capturing Rayquaza for the first time in Pokémon Ruby, for me, was simply painful. It had taken me about three to four days in total, if I remember correctly. I had made sure to reduce its health to as low as I possibly could before attempting to throw any Poké Balls, and while that did seem to help slightly, it still wasn't enough to have the Pokémon successfully captured. Not sure if I was out of luck, but it was kind of frustrating.

Soft-resetting--I've done it once before in Diamond version to encounter shiny Giratina. However, I wasn't able to catch it, as I accidentally wound up making the Pokémon faint. When I'd reset again so that I could re-battle Giratina, its shiny form seemed to have been gone, and I didn't want to put any more effort into getting a hold of its shiny form afterward.

As far as breeding goes, unfortunately, I'm not that great at it. I could definitely improve if I start looking into its mechanics more and practice, though!

Years
    Don't remind us of Rayquaza in RSE x_x Not only did it hit super hard at Level 70, but it had Rest to heal up, and it wasn't helped by the fact that it could kill itself in confusion with Outrage.

And in White 2, back in October 2012, I managed to get a Jolly Terrakion with 31 Attack and Speed after quite a few soft resets. The day before that, I caught Kyurem, and the first try that I did, it had max Speed and right near max Special Attack. (Not that I battled competitively, but they were decent for collection purposes.)

Years
    I remember when the Reshiram I caught in my first Black playthrough was a Modest nature, and I didn't even soft-reset for it. I traded it to my Black 2 save a while after that, but it was sadly lost when the file corrupted which was a complete blow.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's very rare for me to be capturing Pokémon with decent nature and EV spread. Last time this had happened, if I remember correctly, was about four to six months ago while going through my second run of Y version; somehow, I managed to get a hold of Adamant Machop. This nature in particular is very useful for a Pokémon like this, as it tends to rely on physical-based moves a lot (Adamant boosts its Attack stat).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I haven't bothered with IVs or EVs until gen 6. Before that whenever I battled someone I ended up losing, because I didn't know anything about competitive fighting and teambuilding in general. Now I'm at least able to hold my ground for a while. And I even manage to win sometimes ^^"

Years
    In Omega Ruby, I got myself a Timid Magnemite in a horde first try while it had Sturdy, same with the Impish Axew on my Hall of Fame team in my main copy of X.

And i've done breeding since DP, and keep meaning to get into competitive but I never have. It'd be too much for me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    After not so many tries, I got a relatively good Suicune. Bold, perfect Def, Special Attack and Speed and what seems like almost perfect HP and Special Defense (only missing one point to max at lvl 50). It's good enough since I only play online using Wifi, where the level cap is 50, anyway. Maybe someday I'll get a decent Cresselia as well. ^^

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    What are these EVs and IVs you speak of?

I don't really use EVs/IVs/natures much because I don't battle competitively at all. I've noticed the differences in my in-game teams though. One of my Charizards ended up having a higher Attack than Special Attack because of it having a Special Attack lowering nature.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In total, I have about eight to nine competitive Pokémon right now, all IV-bred and EV-trained. Of them all, one of my most favorites, I would say, is Gyarados; it's slightly difficult to set Dragon Dance up on it (if we're not careful enough, it could be taken down quite easily), but once it is ready, however, it could cause some major destruction. I've been able to win plenty of matches against friends thanks to this, haha. Second favorite is Togekiss; thanks to Serene Grace ability, it's able to take some major advantage of some moves it has access to, like Air Slash, Ancient Power, and Ominous Wind.

Years
    What are these EVs and IVs you speak of?

I don't really use EVs/IVs/natures much because I don't battle competitively at all. I've noticed the differences in my in-game teams though. One of my Charizards ended up having a higher Attack than Special Attack because of it having a Special Attack lowering nature.

That may not be so bad for a Mega Charizard X tho :P

Anyway, I remember when I was new to the Trade Corner back in early 2014, I bred like ten different species of Pokémon in a very short time period. Likewise when I was trying to breed myself a team of Flying-type Pokémon for an event challenge, I also got a bunch of them - Hawlucha, Skarmory and GW Talonflame - within a few hours of each other, I think.

But Gyarados is a scary one, yes, and it now has Crunch to use its Mega Evolution's STAB with, which isn't much, but it does give it something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Breeding can be a cruel mistress

So, I just hatched a perfect 6 IV sableye, to say the least I was taken aback a bit, the odds of the 5 Iv's I wanted to being passed down weren't perfect, and then to wildcard a 31 IV on the one not passed down. Then I checked its ability... keen eye... grhaljkdlafjakldjflakjd, both the parents have prankster, why gamefreak, why troll me like this?

On the bright side at least its male, so I can at least use it for breeding stock later (in the human-like egggroup only, and not for sawk --of which I want to make one next-- because sawk are 100% male).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    On the bright side at least its male, so I can at least use it for breeding stock later (in the human-like egggroup only, and not for sawk --of which I want to make one next-- because sawk are 100% male).
    ORAS? You might wanna chain some Dittos at the Mirage Spots and catch some with 2-3 perfect IVs. That way you also can get ones with different Natures, making breeding even easier.

I like how you're not forced to find Ditto Friend Safaris anyymore, although there's no need for me to chain them, because I already got a couple 6 IV Ditto via Wonder Trade.

Years
    I still have the Ditto Safari in X, and i'm probably going to stick with that because of how impractical it is to get certain mirage spots to appear. I have plenty of them on that game but i'll probably transfer some of them over at some point.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've captured so many Pokémon from Friend Safari in my first run of Y, you have no idea. Most Pokémon I used to have as team members were from there, I believe.

Of them all (those I've caught from Friend Safari), I would say one of my most favorites would have to Talonflame. Of course, there are plenty of other Talonflame out there, but the reason I find this one in particular to be so special is because it's got its hidden ability, which would be Gale Wings.

Gale Wings allow this Pokémon to always strike first when using flying-type attacks, and it has plenty of that in its arsenal. Off top of my head, one would be Brave Bird; even though it adds some recoil damage, this move still manages to wreak some major havoc, and while something such as Gale Wings Talonflame carries it, chances of you winning the match is raised a lot higher, generally. I've been able to win a ton of matches online thanks to this strategy.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Brave Bird them all!!! {XD}

I'm really happyto have enough Pokemon that can counter that thing, or else I would be in so much trouble; one of my favorites being Rotom-H (that microwave/oven thingy).

As of Friend Safari...I found two shinys there: a Speal and a Tangela. Although I'm still not sure if there really is a higher chance of finding a shiny as opposed to finding them in other areas.

Years
    I've never utilized the Friend Safari since I don't have the wi-fi capabilities to use it, but through regular encounters alone in X I did end up finding a grand total of 7 shinies in one playthrough. All but one were random encounters, and the seventh one was Poke Radar chained.

Kinda odd I managed to get a successful shiny through Poke Radar even though I badly suck at getting the chaining right. But a shiny's still a shiny, and at least the ones I have are ones that are at least very differently colored and not some lazy lighter or darker shade.

Years
    I remember finding two shiny Pokémon in the Friend Safari within like two or three hours, and that was before I even got the Shiny Charm. Unfortunately, one of them was a Cascoon, and the other was a Bergmite with a Timid nature (yuck). I've found a few in hordes, such as a Mareep, Durant, Hoppip, and a NidoranM (although the very latter I was intentionally trying to get by using Sweet Scent).

Years
    I haven't found any shinies in the Friend Safari, but it's not like I've really looked for them there. I have found 2 shinies on X and Y though, one was a Horsea that I caught in Ambrette Town via chain fishing, and the other was a Floatzel I caught by chain hoarding. I don't have either of those Pokemon anymore, as my friend deleted my Y save file without my permission and I traded my shiny Floatzel to someone 'cause it's stats so not measure up to those of my other shiny Pokemon on X. Sadly enough, I've found a total of 4 shinies in all my other games, and 2 of those were Gyarados and Haxorus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back