• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Ah, shiny Hawlucha is to me one of the coolest looking shinies from XY. If I do get off my lazy arse and get the Shiny Charm in Omega Ruby, I might try to MM for one.

I had found a few shinies in X back in October, and I remember in 2013 after I got the Shiny Charm in White 2, there were a couple that I got my hands on, two of them were in Victory Road while I was EV training - one was a Petilil and the other was (unfortunately) a Basculin. Would've much preferred a Druddigon instead of the latter, but hey. The blue petals that shiny Lilligant has are neat, though, so I might level that up sometime.

Years
    My fave shiny of all the ones I've caught has to be my Miltank in X. Like seriously, how can you not love a blue cow?

Another of my X shinies, Woobat comes a close second. The mint green color actually looks really adorable on it, and after watching TamashiiHiroka's Top 10 Worst Shinies mentioned Swoobat I may not even want to evolve this cutie hahahaha.

Years
    Like I said, I've only caught 4 shinies, so my favorite is easy to pick. But anyways, my favorite shiny I've caught would have to be the Graveler I caught on SoulSilver. It was right at the end of my Pokemon League training, and it was at lunch in front of my friends, so it was really special. Unfortunately, I was stupid and forgot to transfer the shiny Graveler down to Black 2 before deleting that account, so now it's gone :(

I have obtained a ton of shinies through trading though. Of all of those shinies, I'd have to say my favorite is Charizard. I was so psyched when I got it, 'cause I always wanted a shiny Charizard. After getting it, it was unfortunately a special attacker, and I was playing X, so I had to search and search for someone who had a Charizardite Y. But, in the end, it's turned out to be the leader of my competitive team, and is very capable of sweeping 6-0, like most of my team.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have zero shinies in Omega Ruby at the moment, unfortunately; I wasn't lucky enough to encounter any. In Pokémon Y version, however, I have about twelve in total, many of which were handed-over to me by friends (had to give something equally as valuable in-return, for most part, but the deals were still worth it).

Of them all, I would one of my top favorites is shiny-Ninetales. I like the Pokémon in general; thanks to its overall stats, it could make a viable member for almost any team. Plus, with Drought ability, which mine has access to, helps it become even better. Its color-scheme is nice, especially the one its shiny-form has, which is purely white (if you ask me, it suits Ninetales perfectly).

Along with above, couple of my other faves are shiny Charizard, Swampert, and Roserade.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've only ever legitimately caught one shiny in any of the games period. I guess I've never really attempted to go through the effort of actually finding one through chaining or hunting though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'd say the best looking shiny I've found myself without trading is Tentacool/Tentacruel. It's that combination of colors that make it look really cool, in my opinion. I also managed to get a shiny Gallade as a Ralts on one of my GTS trips and while it looks decent it's mega evo doesn't look too much better than its non shiny version, tbh.

Shiny Primal Kyogre on the other hand looks awesome (got a shiny one via Wonder Trade).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One thing I'm hoping to see in future Pokémon games is more event-based shiny encounter, kind of like how things were done in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver with red Gyarados. Of course, this does have its negative effects (as they tend to take away some form of value from the shiny), but good thing about it as that this would help getting Pokémon's shiny form more... out there, so to speak. More fans would be familiar with it and whatnot than average.

Years
    That's understandable that people might want to see more pre-set shiny Pokémon, to have something cool going for them. And I do remember using the Red Gyarados in HGSS, it was one of the best Pokémon in those games. But in GSC it sucked, because it had no good physical moves and its Special Attack was cut from RBY.

Although at the same time, wouldn't the Magikarp want to evolve? Because the game treats that like a bad thing. xP

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It would be cool, if they started giving shiny Pokemon to NPCs. I know there were a couple exceptions in the past, but not to such an extend that it became part of the plot. Like giving the champ of a region a signature Pokemon that happens to be shiny.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, giving shiny Pokémon to NPCs would likely be a nice alternative. Personally, I would like it if they were someone important, such as the Champion (as mentioned before) or boss of a criminal organization of sorts. Lance had red Gyarados in-anime, I believe, and it kind of does suck to not see him carry one in terms of games. The player does capture one in Johto games, but that doesn't mean there aren't others out there; it would sort of make sense, playing off his anime counterpart and whatnot. I hope I'm making a bit of sense here, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    ORAS? You might wanna chain some Dittos at the Mirage Spots and catch some with 2-3 perfect IVs. That way you also can get ones with different Natures, making breeding even easier.

I like how you're not forced to find Ditto Friend Safaris anyymore, although there's no need for me to chain them, because I already got a couple 6 IV Ditto via Wonder Trade.
    Thats a good idea, i'm still breeding in X atm, to prep a team ready for Alpha online for both me and my brother. But That'll probably save me time on Sawk to use mirage dittos, I've actually ended up with a few 6 IV sableye, I gave up on shiny after like 7 boxes and a few days. (it gets a little boring)

I still find the friend safari convenient for the fact you have that huge variety with hidden abilities + IV to breed with in a concentrated area.

Years
    Yeah, I hear you on that. I mentioned trying to MM Deino back in very early 2014, but gave up after a box because it was very tiring when my Hatching Power would wear off after only two eggs would hatch. That's why I went for Noibat, instead, and got it a few days later within six boxes. If I get the Shiny Charm in Omega Ruby, I might go for that shiny Venipede i've been longing for. I may just want to transfer the 6 IV Japanese Ditto from X, but that'll wait until I have more with good IVs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, I never find myself bothering with breeding nowadays.

I did give my hands on it a couple of times before, but only for the fun of it; I was able to replicate some valuable Pokémon, such as Squirtle and Bulbasaur (which I eventually wound up trading with my friend), but that seemed to have gotten boring after some time, and I didn't actually touched back the mechanic (at least regularly) ever since.

For all my IV-breeding needs and whatnot, I always request someone to lend a hand. At the moment, I have about eight to twelve perfect-IV Pokémon, all of which were given by friends. Definitely do appreciate them for helping me out, as things like this do matter when it comes to battling online!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It depends on what purpose I want it to fullfll. Breeding for competitive stuff is cool, because it's pretty straight forward: check which moves and nature you need and which moves have to be bred on the Pokemon and do that; then whenever you breed something with better IVs, that's still not perfect all around, you exchange one of the Pokemon you're breeding and as soon as you get what you want, you're finished.
    Unlike breeding for shinies, what I attemped a couple times, but gave up relatively soon afterwards, it just feels like you're making progress. Shiny breeding is purely luck reliant even with a good setup (foreign parents, Shiny Charm, which I still haven't gotten).

Years
    I think breeding is alright, i've done some even back in the days of DP, but it got more fun when B2W2 introduced mechanics like Everstones being 100% guaranteed to pass natures, and the Join Avenue nursery making for easy hatching eggs. And then XY came with the Destiny Knot and being able to pass down Poké Balls, which definitely made it a lot more worthwhile. While I don't battle competitively, I like collecting stuff with good IVs and/or Egg moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Speaking of Poké Balls, I wish they would give us some way to customize ours. I mean, there are Ball Capsules, if I remember right, but they were exclusive to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (have had a big flaw as well--restricting us to store Pokémon in PC so long as they're attached with these things), and they didn't precisely allow us to personalize exterior design, per se; if we were permitted to do both (or at least latter, and in all games rather than just a set), I feel it would be pretty fun. From looks of things, many of us do like customizing our stuff, so we'd likely appreciate that.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I've been thinking about those mandatory Pokemon capture tutorials and I figured that the concept of automated battles is a really interesting and underused one. Like, there's one in every game, but every time it's just for this tutorial. I mean, wouldn't it be cool if you were playing BW, you enter the champions chamber, see N battling Alder and then the battle blends in and shows how N's Pokemon deals the final blow?

It wouldn't be that hard to do, would it?

Years
    Since B2W2 showed N's legendary using its fusion move, and Platinum had Giratina with Shadow Force (or whatever it did creating the Distortion World), there may very well be more instances that later games do things like that. There were also the Kimono Girls in HGSS who summoned the legendary mascot of your game, although that might be a different thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Seeing automated battles outside of tutorial and whatnot would be an interesting concept, yes.

Though, what I feel would be even better (hopefully, majority would agree) is perhaps if we were able to view those battling scenes from... an outside perspective, so to speak. Kind of like how battle scenes are in anime, but only ported and optimized for games. If you ask me, it would be rather interesting.

For those who don't like this, perhaps there could be an option to switch viewing mode (so that it would be first-person, which is for our own battles), and even some choice to skip the entire thing? (I suppose latter would likely be a given.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back