• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Hidden Power is confusing, I remember looking up the strategy behind determining what type your Pokémon would have, and it looked way too complicated. It's better now in the later games they have NPCs who tell you specifically what type your Pokémons Hidden Power is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In terms of in-game, I've never cared too much about natures and abilities, and kept using any Pokémon I was able to get a hold of through my game-play, so long as they were at least a bit helpful (as in, having access to decent attacks, being able to learn certain HMs, and so forth).

Though, every now and again, I do put together Pokémon with competitive move-sets (which I put into use while battling online), but rarely utilize them for any sort of in-game purposes, as they make things slightly more easy than they should be, taking away some of the fun.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I tend to not worry about natures in game because it usually doesn't make such a drastic difference, though occasionally I do try to get a good or at least neutral nature for certain Pokémon on my team, though on my current playthrough of HeartGold, I'm not worried about it.

Years
  • Good thing I still have my copy of PMD Explorers of Sky with me, and I am sort of getting a feeling of pulling it out and playing it again. I just have other important things to focus on, though.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • This talk definitely made me feel itchy to play PMD Sky again, probably... ;) I also have PMD Red, Blue, Time, Darkness and Gates to Infinity... I just also really like the story of PMD Red and Blue, but Sky is awesome as well! :D

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
  • Aaaah PMD... they got the best plot of the games, until BW strikes XD
    I've replayed mine loadsa times P:
    and I still get sad each time

Years
  • The main plot of the Explorers games was crazy enough... It was great that they included those special episodes to branch a bit more. Most notably the final one with Grovyle and Dusknoir in the dark future, that was just so amazing and one of my favorite things in the entire franchise to go through.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I recently came across my copy of MD Explorers of Sky and I've now restarted it all again. These games really do have great replay value, and the storyline is fantastic!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Am I the only person that hasn't played any of the PMD games? please don't kill me for that ;;

I really should get around to playing one though. Heard they are as good as the main games.

Years
  • Am I the only person that hasn't played any of the PMD games? please don't kill me for that ;;

You're not alone... I never played the Mystery Dungeon series either. In fact I never showed interest in the spinoffs for some reason. Mystery Dungeon is like one of the few to actually have a decent fanbase going for it as far as I know.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So, gen 6 got yet another update and again, you're locked out of internet access unless you finish said update. Also, again, no bugfixing log, so it could be anything ranging from fixing bugs created by previous patched (which I find hilarious, tbh) to some random exploits and other bugs.

I kind of get the feeling, they don't put enough time into testing their patches...let's just hope that it's not going to be a thing in the future to fix patches that are supposed to fix the games. Well, at least they still seem to support X and Y, considering how much effort they put into moving on to ORAS.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm surprised that they're still giving patch fixes to XY. Goes to show that there's still peeps out there still playing the game out there, including myself, I'm trying to finish Y right now.

Years
  • Hey, I'm one of those people, I only just got Pokemon X last month so I need to catch up on it myself!

Although I had forgotten about the mention of that patch so I'm like oof...apparently playing it right this moment isn't happening.

Years
  • I still have all my really well bred Pokémon on my main copy of X, as I haven't been too motivated to transfer them to Omega Ruby. I did do a lot of breeding on the former, but since I still haven't done all that much on the DexNav I don't see myself getting back to it in the new game anytime soon.

Years

I really should get around to playing one though. Heard they are as good as the main games.

They are not.

They are better. Their story is not even remotely comparable to any of the generations I've played. You should definitely play them :)

Years
  • Oh wow, yeah we get that unpopular opinion here and there. The Explorers games I would understand that claim about, and maybe the Rescue Team games (I do like them still, there are things they have over the Explorers games), but Gates to Infinity, while it did have stuff for me to like, wasn't anything i've gone back to much.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I really enjoyed all the PMD games, besides Sky and gates to Infinity (which I haven't played, so can't talk about). The Rescue Team games were really good for attachment to you own character (without spoiling) and made you want to keep going, while the Explorer games got you attached to the other characters too. Can't say about Sky or GtI though, not played them n__n

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I'll probably just stick to re-buying Blue and EoD and buy EoS then. But is Explorers of Sky different to Darkness and Time in many ways?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back