• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing with just 1 Pokemon

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have never tried it before, but I must say it must be pretty hard to do if your not a high level. xD :)

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • It's hard at the beginning (like Roark MURDERED my Cherrim (then a Cherubi) about 20 times until I beat him). The tip is to invest all your money in Potions. Revives are waste of time as you should be using the other Pokémon at all.
    And generally, the Pokémon should be UU or NFE - because of course its going to be too easy if you use an Uber ¬¬; Besides its cooler to say you completed the whole game using Magikarp etc.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I remember in my gold i went through the whole game with just my ampharos i havent tried doing it in this gen games maybe i should give it a try maybe with just a garchomp but maybe something else

sambo626

Pokemon Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
  • I completed my current diamond (the only diamond and very first time i have completed it) with just an empoleon and he came out of it at like lvl 80 or something, I should get him to level 100 but i just haven't been bothered, he wasn't specially ev trained or anything on the way to completion i just battled with him naturally and he turned out pretty good...

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • I've never done it in D/P/Pt. I did it TONS of times in the 3rd gen when I was like 10 and I didn't want to raise any other Pokemon besides my starter. In Sapphire I did almost every battle using my Blaziken... good times... good times.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Yeah. I've done it on Ruby, with Sceptile. There are actually challenge threads here on PC where you can sign yourself up with a Pokemon and only use it throughout the game.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Um. I've done that a few times on emerald. It was boring though.

Years
  • Definitely no. I've done this a few times where I first started playing Pokemon Blue when it was new using my starter and a few HM slaves. It makes the game extremely boring using the same single Pokemon over and over again.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Something like Smeargle or Ditto would be sickeningly hard.
    Things like Combee-M and Luvdisc would be near impossible :3

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i haven't tried using only one to finish the story part of the game. just my opinion though it's too boring to use same pokemon in every battle though you will have that one pretty leveled up high for sure.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I have done a few soloruns in DP:

Lucario
    Togekiss
    LOtad

those 3 are the ones I can remember right now that I have soloed through the game with

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2009
    Look!

Check it
    I found this on youtube and was amazed, its a solo run through with only chansey (Nurse Joy) its really cool :D

Back