• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Don't Tell Her...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • It's dependent on the environment. I'm great with things like trade secrecy, confidentiality of intellectual property, secrets to do with business and profit. Gossipy secrets, or those to do with relationships, though, I'm horrible with. If I don't think it's worth keeping it's gone.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I am quite secretive, actually. If someone has decided to trust me with a secret of theirs, I wouldn't go around telling others about it, because:
    1) it's none of my ****ing business;
    2) they trust me enough to tell me something as private, so I'm not gonna be a dick about it;
    3) I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    If somebody tells me a secret, it means that they trust me enough to tell me and I value that greatly. I would never tell anybody of my friends or colleagues secrets unless I had their permission to.

As for myself. I don't tend to tell secrets very often. I'm a pretty open person and there's not a lot I'm afraid to share. Most of the time, if you ask about something personal, you'll most likely get an answer.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'm...selectively secretive. A lot of things about my life I don't really mind talking about, but talking about some things...forget it. I'm extremely close-mouthed when talking about myself on a personal level in particular; I keep everything to myself for various reasons that would take far too long to type out and would be a real nuisance to explain anyway.

There is one person I'm willing to share my secrets with, and that's only because she saw me at my worst when I was younger and helped me through it...or put up with me, as the case may be. She's something of a big sister to me, I guess. It takes a lot for me to trust others even slightly, and most people aren't in my life for that long - it took me three years to open up to her, and if someone I'm talking to at the start of the year is still talking to me by the end of it, I'm surprised and amazed. I'm naturally reticent by nature; I don't really talk to people on a one-to-one basis very often of my own volition, I'm more of a "I'm here if you want to chat but otherwise just ignore me" sort of person. So I don't really grow to trust people, so I don't tell them my secrets.

As for if other people confide in me...quite a lot, actually. You'd have to ask them why; I've never been able to figure it out. What other people think of me is a continuing mystery I will never solve to any degree of satisfaction. Although what people tell me stays between us. I don't usually ask for information unless someone is clearly bothered about it - it's none of my business, after all - and if someone confides in me, it doesn't go any further. I don't even bring it up again unless they do first. I think most people tend to forget they've told me things at all after a while. To me, a secret is just another one-to-one conversation: it's between us, and we don't have to revisit the topic if we don't want to. It's no great effort to keep it, even if it's inconsequential. That's how I've always seen it, anyway.

Last edited:

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Friends in the past have told me all sorts of secrets and I never tell anyone anything. I would hate if someone told some of my secrets and I always go by the "treat others how you want to be treated". Plus, I hate all the gossipy bs. I see other girls always turning on their friends and I hate it. It's so fake and shallow.
    I don't tell anyone any of my secrets because I have zero trust in anyone outside of family. I don't let people see very far into my life anymore unless they prove themselves to be something worthwhile, but that hasn't happened in ages. Well... there's one girl I met over the summer I'm slowly opening up to but I'm still not one to go telling my secrets to people. We'll see...

Years
  • I like how Zeria said it.

I am selectively secretive as well.
    And it's not like I have secrets. My secrets are like one's bowel movement schedule. It's not really a secret, it's just none of other people's business, but if they really want to know, alright. Either that or private. private is still not a secret.
    Anyway there are about 5-10 people who know all the "private/secret" stuff about me. And there are only 2-3 people who I am comfortable with enough to tell everything.
    They dont judge but are able to give me an objective perspective, they also genuinely care. They dont "listen", they actually listen, which is nice.

As for can I keep secrets. There are two kind of secrets. There are "secrets" as in gossip, which are usually known by a lot of people and I usually tell it to close friends just for the sake of discussing.
    And there are secrets. If you tell me your secret and you point out it is really a secret, you can be sure it's going to stay that way. I can get the feeling to tell someone, but the respect I'll have for you and appreciation for entrusting and trusting me will outrule it by far. So yeah, I am great at keeping secrets.

Years
  • I don't really have any secrets about myself or any of that (although there are things that I'd rather not tell people). But if someone else tells me a secret of theirs, I'm definitely keeping that a secret. If someone trusts me enough and feels we're close enough to tell me something like that, there's no way I'm just throwing our relationship out the window.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I keep all the secrets. I am a lot of people's diaries. I trust nobody with my secrets.

I have nothing important enough to hide anyways.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Depends on the issue, if its too private then I hide it or if its not a big deal, then I don't really bother if anyone knows it.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Selectively secretive is a good way to describe it in practice. In real life, I'm super tight-lipped and don't tell anyone anything. My parents barely know things about me, and I have no plans to cultivate any friendships with co-workers, so they don't even know anything about me either. If I have no plan on investing myself to you, then you get nothing.

The reason for this is because honestly, most of my true personality has to be a secret. It's not something that many people would understand. I am plagued by an abundance of psychological disorders, and I just can't comfortably express myself without making them miserable or eliciting some bad reaction. It isn't just the disorders though. The good aspects of me are very mental, deeply spiritual, and complicated. I take things super seriously as opposed to the casual demeanor of most that I observe. Also, I'm always mired in some other world, thinking about things that don't exist here, that people find it off-putting when I reveal that. Basically, I have to keep my entire real self a secret.

Consequently, my secrets are mostly confided here, to all of you, and wherever else I am on the internet. I'm forced to by the way my brain works. It constantly has to be spewing out things and expressing or else it all bunches up inside of me. I find the internet to be the best place to do that because people generally don't respond to anything I say, due to it being too long, and they generally don't care either. I don't have many things that would incite anger to say. The things I write, I expect people not to read. If they do though, I don't mind. It's a nice bonus that makes me feel like I'm being listened to.

Of course, I won't post everything. There are some things that I'd rather not talk about even online (due to the stigma associated with those things), but by my true nature, I am an open person. The one person who gets all of me, and every single secret I have to divulge is my fiance Lunaris. Overall, I'm not much of a secret person. If I didn't have to worry about stigma, had more reason to trust people, and if it wasn't healthy to have some kind of emotional boundaries between you and others, then I'd happily divulge everything I could like an open book.

In short though, I'm all or nothing. Super secretive or completely open, depending on the context.

Though I hate keeping secrets myself. You can read my face like a open book, and I find it absolutely painful to lie. Of course, just because I hate it, doesn't mean I won't do it if somebody asks me to. It's just by asking me to keep a secret, you're asking me to have this terrible painful burden inside of me. But you can generally trust me. I won't tell if it's super important, but I will say as much of what I can without actually revealing it. Something along the lines of: "My friend told me to keep this secret, and I can't tell you. I'm sorry." That's if it's somebody who is important that's asking about it though. If it's some random stranger, they won't get anything out of me.

For some reason, people like to tell me a lot of things about themselves out of nowhere. Sometimes deeply personal. Both in real life and the internet. On the internet, I presume it is because they are comforted by my generally sincere nature and find someone so emotionally complex to be an individual who won't judge them. And in real life? Maybe it's because I'm so quiet, they don't think I'll say anything bad to them. Which I won't. So maybe that's it.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I don't care about other people's secrets. My friends could tell me anything about them and I'd just shrug it off, since, like others have said, it's not my business. As far as trusting people with my secrets, I have a couple friends who really can't keep any of their thoughts to themselves, so I certainly wouldn't trust them with my secrets.

Also, the more intrusive someone is, the more likely it is that I'll keep things from them. It's not entirely relevant to this, but whatever.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I'm the guy that tells everyone my secret and says not to tell anyone :3
    But I'm pretty damn good with others' secrets.

Years
  • Almost anyone I tell a secret to will eventually at some point spread it, that's what happened today...

I'm good at keeping secrets depending on who's it is and what it is.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I'm super secretive, I have a very hard time letting people know my inner thoughts. It's something I have been working on, but I keep getting bit for it. So it's not going well. I know it's not good to not trust people, but it can be hard to trust others when they prove them selves as unreliable.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Yes.

I really don't like talking about myself a lot, not because I want to be seretive, but I just don't want to come off as attention seeking or obnoxious, so I try my best not to talk about myself. But of course, that means not many people actually know about me. I was talking to my friend about this back in October actually. We were talking about something and then it ended up her saying I was so secretive, and told her that I'm not, and asked her to say 10 facts about me... She barely got four. And in return, I was easily able to get 10 facts about her. But yea, It's not like I want to be secretive, I just don't want to talk about myself and my life, etc...

I can easily keep a secret tho. I've never really seen it as a hard thing to do. I'm not the type of person to slip up or anything so all my friends trust me with things. That said though, I know when and when not to tell other people. Usually if one of my friends tells me a "secret" but it's more so that they're just *****ing about one of their "friends" then I'll tell them. Not to start anything though, just because I think I owe it to them

Years
  • I'm probably the most secretive person I've ever met. I don't even trust my family or my friends with my secrets, lest they are very likely to spread it. It takes A LOT of trust for me to tell my secrets.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I am very secretive. Up until recently, a lot of experiences I have had I hadn't mentioned to anybody: I completely trust one person right now, and will tell him any secrets I have. I don't trust my family enough to tell them everything. I don't trust most of my friends enough. I just can't bring myself to trust people.

If anyone was to tell me a secret, I consider it a privilege that they trust me that much to confide in me, and I sure as hell am not going to go around and repeat those things to others, or betray the trust. Not that people do this much, the person I mentioned before does but not many other people do.

Back