• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please give me a glass of water.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • A lot of water. I primarily drink water.

My main beverage was milk until several years ago when I started dieting. Now I have one glass of milk a day instead of several. Juice I'll have only when I'm sick or like on vacation and out somewhere for breakfast.

Aside from a treat like hot chocolate occasionally or something like tea, which I've only just recently gotten in to, all I drink is water all day.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    No water for me, either. I only tend to drink it when I'm sick. Mostly Pepsi for me. Infrequently soy milk, juice, or iced tea. Very infrequently.

I do not drink water.

I get really annoyed when people claim that soda dehydrates you because if that was true I would be literally dead, so clearly it must be a myth.

What drives me nuts is when I mention any kind of health problem - any minor complaint at all, even a mention of a leg cramp - and my parents/friends/etc automatically tell me, "You must be dehydrated from all that Pepsi you drink."

I'm no expert, but I know how to do a skin tent test, and I'm pretty sure clear-light yellow urine is not a sign of dehydration.
    And I know I'm not diabetic, so it'd be really great if everyone could stop telling me that I magically developed a disease overnight because Pepsi. There's more sugar in your orange juice, calm down.

Alfieri is right, though. Soda (Pepsi, Coke, Mt. Dew, etc) does dehydrate you. Not in the typical 'crawling through a desert need a drink now' kind of way, but in the 'my urine is darker than it should be and I want another glass of soda now' kind of way.

I must be magic. :P I've actually gotta jump behind Oryx on this one. These "prevalent issues" like dehydration and supposed weight gain from "drinking too much pop" are things that I've just never experienced, either.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • My doctor says I should drink at least 6 a day but I'm lucky if I have 2, oops.

I don't drink anything else other than water though so I probably should drink more to stay hydrated but YOLO

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Things I did not say:

1. Soda is healthy.
    2. Water is unnecessary.

All I'm saying is that the simplistic "soda dehydrates you" is ******** because I have gone very, very long without drinking water and I am not dead. Therefore, considering when you're not drinking anything you literally die within days, the conclusion is that the particular myth that I was talking about (once again, the myth that's completely unrelated to your links) is BS.

You're welcome not to drink soda; however, your advice on my health considering your lack of knowledge of the first thing about me is unnecessary.

@_@

I drink about one and a half bottles a day? They're quite small though so I don't think I drink enough to be honest. L:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I drink a lot of water and I find it helps my skin, my stress levels, and my general health/ alertness. I also find it helps with my appetite too.

I drink about.. 4 or 5 pint glasses I think? Or approximately 2.5 litres of water a day. I'll drink coffee from time to time but if I do, I will drink 1.5x the amount of water with it as I know it's a diuretic.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Love me some water. It accounts for most of my beverage intake since there isn't much else I like outside of some sodas and the odd plain coffee or hot chocolate. As for amount of water, maybe 3-5 glasses depending on how much I'm paying attention to thirst/how much of the food I eat that day is particularly thirst-inducing. We get infinite water bottles at work so I end up hoarding them sometimes, haha.

Years
  • It depends but I can tell you I really love water, it's what I drink 98% of the time (the other 2% being tea). I'd say around 8 glasses a day but there are days when I only drink two or three and forget about it because I'm just not thirsty, oof.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Maybe like...one bottle of purified water every two or three days. I drink a lot of soda, Kool-Aid, coffee, and juice, so I think I'm okay on water in-take, considering most drinks are made with water as a necessary ingredient.

Water tastes awful to me because of how plain it is. I guess if I knew where to buy, like, Vitamin Water in bulk, I would, but I dunno. Seems like a lot of work for diluted juice.

Oh and by the way, milk is bad for you after infancy.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Zero.

I drink water, but I don't drink glasses. I'm a heavy juice drinker and much prefer to drink juice instead. So, yeah, to sum it up: I don't drink glasses of water.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • A lot. I haven't counted but 2-3 bottles a day sometimes. I don't really drink soda all that much, not for any real reason, I just don't.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Yeah, even in this thread. It is the silliest thing - it's one of the reasons I have so little trust when anyone says anything about soda, honestly. Everyone parrots this fact like it's true and I know it's not from experience soooo how much else on webMD and all those other sites are just misunderstood studies or urban legends??

People are definitely wrong when they say soda dehydrates you. However, it definitely makes you more thirsty. You're likely drinking more soda to keep the same level of hydration than you would if you only drank water.

Personally, I mostly just drink water and occasionally drink soda or juice when I feel like it. I drink a lot of water, too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I keep a 2L bottle next to my bed and just refill it every day. I haven't been drinking as much lately though, I haven't been well but when I'm unwell I drink tea more than anything else instead of water.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • By doctors orders, I have to drink two liters of water a day...which is roughly equal to...uhh 10 glasses? Too lazy to do the math, but I'll just say two liters.

Years
  • I used to hate drinking water, then we got one of those PUR tap filters and the water tastes wayyyy better. I think I drink 2 glasses at home, then when I'm at the gym, I have a 24oz bottle with me

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I LOVE me some water. I always start my mornings with a big gulp of water. <3

I drink at least three cups a day, excluding a drink from the water fountain at my work. The water is so delicious... <3

Back