• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please notice me SENPAI!

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
  • Have you ever had that one person you could only admire from afar?
    If so what did you do to try and get their attention? Are you friends with them?

Or do you just do this:
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|_∧
    ┻┳|・ω・) I hope senpai will notice
    ┳┻|⊂ノ me this year♡
    ┻┳|J

Personally I really don't hang around much with people a level higher than me but we can usually get along fine most of the time.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • This Looks like a thread that will die fast, but at least I got some answers.

Though it is true how people just put others down because in the system it just really feels like if you are better that other people you would automatically feel better yourself, even though this sounds really douchee and selfish, you know that people do it anyways.

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Happened to me in middle school. She was way too beautiful for me. She was a model and was like 5'10" in middle school. We actually became friends 10th grade year, but sometimes you can just tell when you are not someone's type.

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    High school is ridiculous.

Everyone's hormones are peaking, boys want to prove they are the best, want to get all the girls' attention and enjoy bullying others and feeling strong just for the sake of their prides.

That usually only means their self-confidence is pretty low actually, or that they are really insecure.

Girls also want to prove themselves the "queen-bee" by dating the most popular boy, or being the girl every boy wants.

It's filled with immaturity.

Honestly, you will find out later in life that the ones who can't get past those immature ideas usually sink low, and those who finally grow up and move on (change), have a higher chance of actually living a truly happy life and succeeding.

I was never one of the most popular guys in my school, and thank god for that.
    Most friendships (most) in those popular circles are shallow and wither away in time.

I was bullied when I was younger, I'd say from 10-13 and I still grew the f* up and faced that life wasn't like that.
    In high school I still had girls who liked me, I still had great friends and knew alot of people and I wasn't one of those who think they are above others, tho they did exist in my school.

After a certain age I also stood up to bullies and taught a few they can't mess with anyone they want. Like I said before, most are just insecure and have something to prove - I didn't.

The beauty of it, is that while you're there it seems really important or even relevant but as you move on in life and look back, it just seems so insignificant.
    Most of us were young and foolish.

As life continues you will find that the back-then-most-popular-guy might just lose all his popularity out of the blue, and that the ones who were hardly noticed may end up dating that gorgeous girl everyone looked at.
    High school is a jungle. Focus on your future, the rest of your life, and get outta there alive.

No one is a level higher than you. It may seem that way, but as soon as you leave and start building your life, you will realize that it isn't

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
    Years
  • I've had some crushes I've admired, but I'm too shy and awkward to talk to them properly... so yea there's that

Years
  • Does this only include people who you are/were attracted to...? There is someone who I admire in a way, but he's definitely more of a crush than anything else 。・・。 We're good friends and still are, even though he's currently working in a city an hour away. And I also remember there was one teacher who I looked up to in middle school. He treated me differently, but in a good way. After learning that I was deemed gifted, he often times went out of his way to give me additional material that he thought would be challenging for me and was the one who suggested I skip a grade.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Wow I feel like I got really lucky (students-wise lol) in my high school. And not because I was at a higher level or whatever, but because there was nothing like this.

Anyway, can't say I have. I did develop faint crushes, but not to the point where I'd sit still and wait for them to notice me. Knowing myself I'd do something about it if I had a serious crush, but I'm not really that kind of person. Actually, I'm the kind who'd develop a crush on someone after knowing more about them, by hanging out with them and all that.

Shhmew

Years
  • Ahaha, there wasn't really any drastic social structure things in my high school. It was a teeny tiny high school, and even though I was very shy, and almost like an outcast, I never felt like other people were higher than me. I did have a crush on one person in particular all throughout high school but he was also quiet so you can guess how that turned out! (we didn't talk to each other... ...until the end of high school)

We are friends now. But I always wanted him to notice me back then. xD I have always been the type to sit there and admire people from afar and just hope they notice me. Never EVER been the type to get in their face about it or even make it known. I just sat there... drawing pictures... writing poems... >.<

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It depends on what you mean by admire. I've had a good amount of people who I've looked up to and found their values and traits really admirable and I've usually had the courage to tell them that. On the other hand, I've had crushes who I was too scared to tell and just watched them from afar wishing they'd like me too and would tell me that instead. I'm too shy sometimes. :(

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I used to get infatuated waaay too much with too many girls. These infatuations would only last for like a week though till I moved on to admiring another female lol.

So no, never really reached a creepy stage.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|
    ┳┻|_∧
    ┻┳|・ω・) guys look it's him
    ┳┻|⊂ノ c'mon let's stalk
    ┻┳|J

^I am literally obsessed with my crush. I got a hold on his school I.D. and there was his address and I copied it down and I've memorized it haha. I know his previous school, I know his favorite things, I know where he's been. I like to think of it as a 'healthy obsession' but then I'd be lying. It's kind of getting out of hand but I'm trying to control it. We're friends so I don't want to ruin my chances, but for some reason I always end up stalking his Facebook.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • ^I think I hijacked your account and posted on your behalf because that sounded just like me. When I was in 9th grade (age 14), I became so obsessed with a classmate.

He was very tall, popular, and cute. He and his twin sister were very nice to lil' shy me. I thought highly, obsessively high, of him the day we were in a discussion group-circle. We all had to participate and say something about the chapters, but I was too shy to speak up. I was going to get a 0 for my grade. He then asked me a direct question he knew I had prepared for, allowing me to have the discussion floor and get a passing grade. Nobody has ever done something so nice to little invisible me.

As the semesters went on, I knew his school ID number, his bus number, and his address. He gave me a high-five once when we were in gym class talking about what answers we put on the English quiz, as we both put down the same thing for a question. I just felt at ease around him. Yet, we were quite distant. We were classmates at best; we didn't hang out after school. He rode the bus home with his actual friends. Or, when he got his driver's license, he drove himself and all of his friends to his house. Not me. So I ended up admiring him from afar. I regret not pursuing an actual friendship. Maybe I was just out of my league, since he did date the prettiest girl in high school.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I still have someone who's sort of like a senpai to me. He's an artist, and he's someone I really look up to as well. Funny thing is, I always get this major crush on him because he's just so fricken adorable. I see him at Saboten every year. He's such an amazing artist, and I envy him for that. He's always telling me to never give up, and that I'm really good... even when it's obvious that I'm not. He inspires me to keep at, even though I might never improve. <3 A lot of girls tend to go after him and adore him too, so he's got himself a pretty good fanbase as well.

Spoiler:

Just so people know what I mean when I say he's super adorable. lol

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If there's anyone I've ever admired, it's likely that their interests were similar to mine, and while I thought they were cool, I've normally just started talking to them and ended up being their friend. Even if it's a celebrity rather than someone my age / in my social group, I'd still talk to them if I could. I don't admire from afar very well. xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Most of my senpais have been on PC, though a few have been on tumblr. When I was little my senpais were Toto/Sachiko and Tig/IceKitten and ChairmanKaga. When I came back properly they were Syddy, Erica, Livey, Drew, Luke, Audy, and Tara. As I became more integrated into the community again and found that I was an older, more independent, more defined individual, I stopped looking up to people here as much. Not that I stopped respecting them or thinking less of them, just that I stopped basing my thoughts and actions around them and getting super happy when they noticed me. And ended up being friends with most of them to the point of being on more equal terms.

It was a little different on tumblr. I made friends with Brigit pretty quickly because we started out in the same small fandom. Jordan was in a slightly bigger fandom and I got to know her through the group livestreams that she led. And Pigg-chan has been my senpai since I met here here, but I found her again on tumblr and that's where we interact the most. We're better friends now but she- and Audy- will always be a senpai to me tbh.

I think the senpai memes have gotten out of hand if the interpretation of the senpai-kohai relationship is that of a one-way crush from afar on the part of the kohai. Quoting from Wiki, "...senpai implies a relationship with reciprocal obligations, somewhat similar to a mentoring relationship. A kōhai is expected to respect and obey their senpai, and the senpai in turn must guide, protect, and teach their kōhai as best they can." In theory, it seems like the senpai-kohai relationship would involve more interaction than people now assume, and the "will senpai notice me" is using 'notice' as 'see as a potential romantic partner'. So it's less of a "watching from afar" kind of thing and more of a "will this person I respect see me as an equal and potential match".

Back