• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
  • Spoiler:

Like this map?

Made it with Stonesword. Link= www.stonesword.com

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Once again, shooting out ideas: Would anyone be interested in a Paper Mario RP? Of course it would have nothing to do with the games in terms of plot, and there would be no mentions of Mario and the gang just for the sake of keeping things non-canon.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Once again, shooting out ideas: Would anyone be interested in a Paper Mario RP? Of course it would have nothing to do with the games in terms of plot, and there would be no mentions of Mario and the gang just for the sake of keeping things non-canon.

wegtujnvwakjmohmygodyesIwantitsomuchdoitdoitdoityouglorioushunkofmanmeatyouasfxTWANJGQAET

Although I wouldn't say NO mention of Mario and the gang at all, just have them not actually appear. If we left them out completely we'd miss out on all the potential fun of people telling horribly skewed tales of his exploits and ridiculous opinions of him and his friends and such. Anywho I think that sounds like a ton o' fun if someone could pull it off.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Well, the plot I had written down really only included the mention of Princess Peach because she rules the Mushroom Kingdom, but other than that the plot makes no mention of Mario and his teammates from the games (but yeah, I don't see anything wrong with mentioning them in RP, as long as they don't actually appear).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can I ask why Paper Mario rather than just Mario? I'm not a buff on Mario games or canon but isn't Paper Mario just a restyled version? Would people be roleplaying in a two dimensional world? Idk xD confused.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Paper Mario is pretty much the RPG version of Mario. More character options, items, etc. Idk, I just like the feel of the world better than the regular Mario games lol.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Actually it's funny you ask Magic, not only is Paper Mario RPG style like Jeggy said, it also has some other hilarious bits. For one thing the paper part of Paper Mario is much more literal than you'd expect. Everyone in there knows and accepts that they're two-dimensional. For one example, turning sideways to slide through a thin gap or fall through a grate, or fluttering on the way down if they fall at the right angle. In the second Paper Mario game Mario even folds himself into a paper airplane, and a paper boat and such :P Overall the paper mario world is even wackier than the regular one, in addition to a million other little oddities I can't remember off the top of my head.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I would love some opinions, feedback and questions :).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I would love some opinions, feedback and questions :).

Spoiler:

Okay that sounds like it'd be a very interesting and cute roleplay. I say go for it. d:

I haven't seen Arietty, but I've seen The Borrowers and Epic (which is similar in the little people thing), so I understand the concept. As far as conflict goes, their whole lives are conflict! So I think you're good there. It'd be a fun little survival-esque roleplay.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Okay that sounds like it'd be a very interesting and cute roleplay. I say go for it. d:

I haven't seen Arietty, but I've seen The Borrowers and Epic (which is similar in the little people thing), so I understand the concept. As far as conflict goes, their whole lives are conflict! So I think you're good there. It'd be a fun little survival-esque roleplay.

Thanks! :) I thought it would be cute, and a pretty creative roleplay too - getting to repurpose things for your mini, hidden homes and rooms and things ^_^.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Horizon Dynamics
    Everyday discovering new horizons
    A subsidiary of Syndicate Corporation​

Overview:

"Welcome one and all to the annual Horizon Dynamics Science Fair, I am your host Doctor Markus Quinn and I have quite the announcement for you all today. Behind me lies the next step in human genetics and evolution; a massive leap in the advancement of our race as a whole. For years we humans have always looked beyond where we currently stand to what we could become in the future. Some suggest living eternally, others a cohesion of natural muscle and robotics. However tonight, ladies and gentlemen, we don't look forward but back to the most primal desires and ancestry. It has long since been concluded that we, Homo Sapiens branch-evolved from apes and monkeys millions of years ago. Tonight I give you, Homo Metazoa!"

The curtain rises behind the striking man as the lights all dance about the stage while dry-ice smoke coats the floor in fog. As the crowd erupts into a roar of applause the curtain shudders to the ceiling revealing a large glass container with start white back wall and [five] figures moving restlessly silhouetted inside. The pause comes to a grinding halt as the audience takes a breath. Each beam to light previously circling the stage now centres on one of the [five] figures.

"I give you, Simion," A boy steps forward, his shaggy brown hair jutting out from his sleeves and pants legs as a long, hairy tail flickers nervously behind him. "Widow," the next figure begins fiddling with something behind the glass, only to finish by flourishing a large, woven thread of spider silk. "Raptor," the man beside her looks almost normal except for faintly visible claws as fingernails, but surprises everyone by spreading out a large, eagle-like plumage of wings behind him, "Scarlett," the girl next to him shyly steps forward, only to have a crimson peacock tail flourish behind her, turning in circles so the crowd can stare in amazement at her brilliant display, "and finally, Buck!" the final figure steps forward looking more human than the rest except for two large antlers coming up from the back of his head and spreading out to either shoulder.

Half the crowd claps and cheers while the other half struggles to soak in the information. Horizon Dynamics were known for pushing the boundaries of science during their annual fairs but none had gone so far as to create human-animal hybrids. The curtain closes, Doctor Quinn bids adieu and the crowd erupts into a roar of discussion.

You:

Grown in a lab with all the others, you know nothing of the outside world save what the scientists let you know. Like your fellow brethren you have been genetically altered to contain the DNA of an animal and are one of the (few) successive hybridisations. After the Annual Science Fair the scientists are out congratulating their results while back in the lab, you hear whispers of a plan; a plan to break free. Having been in the lab for your entire life, you would relish at the opportunity to get out and see the outside world. It's time to search for your own Horizon.

Much of the RP will centre around Character Development as the characters struggle not only to fit in but also stay away from the forces trying to reign them back in. The RP will take place within a fictional city with the characters able to move about how they wish within the confines of the city. The overarching plot is the search for belonging and will entail self-reflection and monologue within posts as each character struggles to live in this strange new world.

Just a little idea I threw together tonight. Questions? Queries? Comments?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • So, I realized I haven't posted anything about Fargona for awhile. I'm still working on it, just very slowly. School and all that fun stuff, ya know? Buuuut, here's a little sneak peak at one of the redone descriptions for the dragons will look like.

Spoiler:

This time around, I've been doing some heavy research for each and every dragon that will be in the RP. None of the dragons will be exactly as they're depicted in mythology, but I'm taking some of the characteristics each dragon is said to have and implementing them in the descriptions in one way or another, to breath more life into them.

All of the descriptions will be about as long as this; but players will only be required to read up on their dragons, and probably other players' dragons as well. Since, reading the descriptions for all 22 dragons could be somewhat tiring :P

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Okay, just wanted to post these here to see if people found them interesting. The first one I think I'm going to hold off on posting until November; it's finished, but I want to wait until all of the ORAS mega evolutions are revealed. Unless people think I should just make it so everyone can gain another pokémon when ORAS comes out, but . . . eh.

The second one is an incomplete idea, which I kind of wrote simply because Pokémon Odyssey made me realize that there were a lot of pokémon species that I wanted to roleplay as, lol. But I think it has an interesting concept, and wanted to see if others thought so as well.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • So it seems I have returned to PC after fading away again. While I won't be joining any Roleplays for the time being, I do have my mind set in hosting a little Roleplay that is focused in the mysterious Holon region that was introduced in the Trading Card Game, as well as the Delta Species Pokemon that are found within.

Spoiler:

If you must know, all the stuff above was thought of this morning and typed about an hour ago. The plot is still in some very, VERY early stages, but it's basically a contest to see who can manage to find and then catch Mew in the now isolated region of Holon while they encounter Delta Species Pokemon such as Steel-type Pikachu and Electric-type Charmander :3 A threat will eventually show itself within the region as will some legendary Pokemon (such as Latios and Latias or Mew, in case the pictures of those three didn't give that fact away already)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Anybody got any way they could help with this thoughts etc.? It's heavily inspired by Transformers, Fist of the North Star, Gundam, Getter Robo Go, EVA, Akira. I dunno Basically all Robot/Mecha related media and Fist of the North Star/Blue Sky for the mental image of the apocalypse. For now it's Journey based but if enough people like it I could turn it into multiple packs etc. I did a lot of research into wolf packs and hive mind stuff so none of this is going to waste.

Spoiler:

Years
  • @Chalifoux - I have been waiting forever to see an RP based on the Holon region (as you well know) and that certainly delivers! I'm really curious to see how it plays out.

@Chuckles - I need to give that a proper read a bit later. I'll get back to you then.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Just throwing this out there, as the idea recently just came to me and it's going to require a bit of planning and devising before I even consider throwing it up... But is there a chance anyone would possibly be interested in an RP based on the Persona series? I know it's gathering a bit of popularity and is in no means as mainstream as FF or Pokemon or other such series, but still...

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I'm definitely interested in a Persona RP!

Although, I've really only played the third one, I have seen all the Anime though :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Chuckles - I quite like your idea. It's quite current, with Transformers doing really well at the moment, but avoids some of the problems by excluding humans and the magic transformations. I would be interested in a few more hints about the diversity of possible characters, though - such as size/appearance which isn't really touched on in your piece :).

Albunnie - I've only ever seen the Persona3 anime - it seems like good RPing material though. Perhaps it was just me, but the premise was a bit confusing, you'd need to work on making it easy to understand to grab the attention of people who might sit on the fence normally XD.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    @Albunie I had an early version of a Persona RP that I was working on, I think I may have deleted it though :(

@Magic, I swear I wrote about sizes at one point :| I was thinking that they're all about 18 meters tall and by diversity of possible characters do you mean like characters already inside the plot?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back