• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    ((OOC: Phew! That took a while, but I managed! If you knew how busy I was all day... xD))

So if the plan was to throw him into the water, then Chunk needed a backup plan.
    It was obvious that at simply digging his fangs into the enemy wouldn't work, even if Thunder Fang was effective for a short while as a stunner.

He shot a quick look at Layne; he seemed to be faring reasonably well, especially when taking in account that the other Ariados, which had been standing on watch for most of the battle, had joined the fray, and was attacking Layne in an obviously unfair battle of 2 against 1.

"Get outta there!" He yelled when he noticed the Buizel wasn't moving; he quickly saw the reason; he was basically glued to the ground by Ariados webs, and Arceus knew how strong that kind of thing was. Fortunately, he also saw Layne striking one of his foes with Water Pulse, but that was all he could see before being struck by the ever-so-repetitive sonicboom from behind, tossing him across the muddy ground and right next to the water's edge. As he recovered from the blow, he saw that the Ariados was already sprinting at him, and wow, did those things sprint with their multiple legs, readying a Poison Sting that, once landed, would prove fatal. "Oh no you don't...!"

He stood up and ready for the blow, facing the Ariados with extreme focus; and just when the horn was about to touch him, Chunk leaped up, and taking the Ariados's body as a solid floor, made a second leap upa dn forward, plunging himself against the ground while the Ariados fell into the water with a noisy splash; the Shinx's fall would have been perfect if it hadn't been for the splitting pain he felt in his leg the moment he touched the Ariados. It forced him to contorce himself in the air, falling on the ground with a loud thud, splashing mud all over his fur and around him.

As the pain began to ease, he looked at the lake with cost; but saw no sign of the Ariados.
    With that enemy probably down, he tried to get back on his paws, but ended up pathetically standing with trembling legs, looking for his targets with a very foggy eyesight.
    Taking the moment to concentrate, he focused the energy from before into Charge, and soon enough, started irradiating sparks from all over his body.

With renewed will - but unfortunately not strength - he looked forward, took one of the Ariados as a target and slammed himself against it with Quick Attack, hopefully driving it away for a moment.

"What happens when a corrupted Pokémon meets corrupted waters?" He quickly asked in a serious tone, knowing that getting rid of a corrputed Pokémon couldn't be so easy.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    (air slash is special attack sry, but reflect dont help. post battle in a sec)

"he he he. Specter disperse." Zeke shouted as Leigh used rollout.

Specter disintegrated. Zeke used his sub team combo again. Specter reappeared agitated that Zeke wouldn't let him try and dodge by himself. Zeke stared him down then they prepared for their next attack.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Leigh floated back to Zeke's team. "Hope all of those moves you showed off actually do something," he taunted. Alaska smirked and looked at Zeke. "I'm no liar when it comes to battling," Zeke said, taking a deep breath. "I am Zariant warrior of the ancient Piercer tribe!" Zeke shouted. He stared at Zeke with a serious stare. It seemed the taunt thrown at him enraged him enough to pull himself together. He stood in a battle stance. "Since I am more experienced you may go first," said Zeke. Alaska chuckled, amused. "Hmm... Piercer tribe huh. Don't get overconfident," replied Leigh. "You really want me to go first do you?" he asked the Scyther as if he already had a strategy in mind.

He set up Reflect like he had with Alaska. "Thanks," he said to Zeke. "Hmm raised your defense. Alright… time to split up," Zeke said, glowing blue. Twelve orange Scythers sprung out beside him. "Also, I'd like to make a substitution. Hehehe," Zeke roared. The other Scythers merged into each other. They turned blue and Specter was formed. "Okay, enough talk from me we're taking you down from here on!" Zeke and Specter used Quick Attack to get close to Leigh then they both tore at him with Air Slash. "Herk!" Leigh said resisting the blow as best as he could."2 vs 1 eh? I'm not complaining. One of us are bound to be in that situation," he said, strengthening his reflective shield. He began to spin into a rollout and rolled after Specter.
    "Go Leigh!" called Alaska encouragingly from the sidelines. She had a feeling that maybe her team leader would be taught a little lesson. She didn't like it when leaders abused their power too much or thought themselves better. It was one of the few things that irked her.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    "Stupid Stupid Stupid" Leigh thought, Going after a clone like that. Not the smartest thing he's done. Leigh stopped rolling and turned around towards Zeke. Air slash had gotten him pretty good as well. Reflect wouldn't do much against that. And he only knew how to make Light screen into the shape of wall, not a round barrier. He wasn't worried though.

He again kept a calm mind about it. "Hmm. This would be a good time to use my main weapon..." He thought to himself. Leigh's eyes glowed a purplish tint as he used Psycho shock on Zeke. With this, He used his own brain waves and with them, aimed to Pierce through either Zeke, or Specter's mind to cause some pain.

(Had to check Serebii to see just what the move really does and I think I got close to what it does phsyically.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    "whe... Oh... GAHHH!!!" Specter crumpled to the ground.

"how the hell are you making noise." Zeke asked

"grahaaaaaahhhhhhhh" Specter only could scream

"ok time to pay" zariant returned to his serious state.

The pain had gone straight to Specter since he was part of his brain. Zeke used his strongest move. Aerial Ace. it was extremely multiplied because of his ability, type, and sheer strength.

Zeke flew into the air, did a loop-de-loop, and then went blades first at Leigh.

Megaman765

Years
    Psycho shock managed to work, but Specter seemed to be feeling the most pain. The double had as much feeling as a normal Pokemon Leigh thought to himself. Zeke went straight into the air and dove down toward Leigh with Aerial ace. The attack hit Leigh straight on. As it hit, A bit of his green Gel was chipped off from the slice. Even with the stronger barrier around him, He still felt major pain. Leigh panted, He was hit baddly, but wasn't finished yet. "ugh... Nice... move...oof..." Leigh regenerated the bit of gel that was chipped off from him and once again began to roll rapidly again to prepare for rollout.

Leigh aimed straight for Zeke. He was prepared to crush him. Then... something happened. The black spot on Leigh's gel began to bubble uncontrollably. "Wha... hey..." Without warning, the blackened bit of gel moved in front of his line of vision. The black bit of gel was in front of Leigh's eyes "Ah! I... I can't see! Blasted corru... gah!" Leigh had no idea if anybody noticed the black spot on his protective green gel, though it wasn't very noticable to begin with. With the black gel in his eyes, it was in clear view.Leigh had no idea where he was aiming. Everything was dark. He was almost down anyways so he took his chances and rolled straight ahead to Arceus knows where or who.

(Thought this would be a good time to put the corrupted bit of Leigh into play. It's up to you if you want it to hit you or not.)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    "time for night to fall!" Zariant roared!

he slashed through Leigh who was now turning black. night slash which was super effective should finish it. Zariant didn't care to let up. even if Leigh was blinded by an accident. would a currupted pokemon give mercy?

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska's eyes widened as a black substance covered Leigh's eyes. "Ah! I... I can't see! Blasted corru... gah!" he exclaimed and aimlessly rolled forward. Was he going to say "corruption"? Alaska asked herself. She never noticed anything physical or psychological about Leigh that would imply he's corrupted. Not even a little bit. She watched as Zeke used a Night Slash on him. Even if Leigh had a tad bit of corruption in him, that wouldn't change Alaska's view of him. His personality and treatment of others mattered much more to her than anything else. The missions suddenly came to Alaska's mind. What time was it?

Megaman765

Years
    As Leigh rolled toward Zeke, He felt an extremely sharp pain pierce him. He was hit by Zeke's night slash and the pain was devestating. He continued rolling and crashed right into a tree near the teams. He slopped on his back extremely tired as the black bit of gel bubbled up once more, and moved away from Leigh's vision, back to it's original position. This time the black bit of gel was more noticable, but it stopped interfering with Leigh's physical ability. The only bad thing was he lost.

"Ah... n...no.. I lost...? Ah..."
    He was about ready to faint, and was too weak to perform recover on himself. "Whaddya know. It did come back to haunt me..." Leigh thought to himself. He wanted to scream into Zeke's mind and rant at him by calling it unfair. If he wasn't blinded, he would have had a better chance, and it would have at least been fair. But to be attacked while being crippled like that... "d...damnit..." Leigh thought about it no more and passed out.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    "match over. Leigh. I done here." Zariant walked away.

He flew up to a secluded part of the town.

"gotta stop this. these mind swings. If I don't stop then maybe...maybe I'll have to leave. I can't lead if I'm so scatterbrained that I have two minds." Zeke teared up but the tears never left his eyes.

(going to bed see you tomarrow.)

NightOfRemorse

Years
    "Match over. Leigh. I done here," Zariant said and walked away. He flew off to a secluded part of town. Alaska's mouth dropped as he did so. Did he really just do that? He overdid his attacks, basically fought two against one, knocked out Leigh, and just left? No. The little respect, if any at all, Alaska had for him was gone. Completely. She didn't know whether she would get along with this leader of hers. Zeke shouldn't have even left. Wasn't he supposed to stick with the team? Alaska already liked to challenge authority, and she knew it would go swell to challenge Zeke. She walked over to Leigh and shook him. "Leigh? Leigh? Are you okay?"

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh had tried his best to regain his strength but he was completely out of energy. He had fainted, but could still hear voices. Zeke flew away and left him. Leigh was unimpressed. He hated Zeke. He had no doubt about that. He wanted to face him again in the near future, Without interruptions.All he could hear now was Alaska, attempting to wake him up. "O...oogg..." He muttered in pain. Leigh once again attempted to use recover on himself but failed as he rolled against Alaska's feet.

A bad time to be in such a condition. Bruno may have already have been here. Leigh's pain would only cause delay for the team.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Felicia kept sleeping soundly the noise that had been and was currently being made was no bother to her. She herself had no idea what had happened or what was currently going on to wrapped up in the usual dream world of the average five year old to care.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    The battle was intriguing for Xell. It had gone something like this:

Leigh floated back to Zeke's team. "Hope all of those moves you showed off actually do something," he taunted. Alaska smirked and looked at Zeke. "I'm no liar when it comes to battling," Zeke said, taking a deep breath. "I am Zariant warrior of the ancient Piercer tribe!" Zeke shouted. He stared at Zeke with a serious stare. It seemed the taunt thrown at him enraged him enough to pull himself together. He stood in a battle stance. "Since I am more experienced you may go first," said Zeke. Alaska chuckled, amused. "Hmm... Piercer tribe huh. Don't get overconfident," replied Leigh. "You really want me to go first do you?" he asked the Scyther as if he already had a strategy in mind.

He set up Reflect like he had with Alaska. "Thanks," he said to Zeke. "Hmm raised your defense. Alright… time to split up," Zeke said, glowing blue. Twelve orange Scythers sprung out beside him. "Also, I'd like to make a substitution. Hehehe," Zeke roared. The other Scythers merged into each other. They turned blue and Specter was formed. "Okay, enough talk from me we're taking you down from here on!" Zeke and Specter used Quick Attack to get close to Leigh then they both tore at him with Air Slash. "Herk!" Leigh said resisting the blow as best as he could."2 vs 1 eh? I'm not complaining. One of us are bound to be in that situation," he said, strengthening his reflective shield. He began to spin into a rollout and rolled after Specter. The move hit the specter, and made it roll around on the ground in pain.

Zeke had used Aerial Ace after this, and cut off a chunk of Leigh. Immediately afterward, a black substance infiltrated Leigh's eyes, and his Rollout, doubling in power, went astray. Zeke hadn't even the decency to battle respectively, and went for a cheap shot Night Slash on the poor green blob. After thoroughly dominating Leigh, Zeke didn't even bother saluting or thanking him for the match: he instead completely ditched Leigh, dirty and exhausted, on the clearing ground. He found Alaska showing a more tender side, caring for Leigh. Xell was concerned: would they have to attack Leigh? Would he be corrupted and attack?

Either way, Xell was happy that he got to see Alaska's nicer side. Hopefully some of the kindness would rub off on Zeke. It was so... rude. Xell propelled himself over to Leigh and hoped that he would be alright. The poor thing was on Alaska's feet.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    "O...oogg..." Leigh muttered in pain as Alaska tried to wake him up. He tried to recover again but failed, rolling against Alaska's feet. Even though Leigh previously showed he doesn't like to be picked up, Alaska picked him up anyway. Xell propelled himself over to them. "What do we do? He can't use recover and I don't have any recovery moves…" Alaska said to Xell, and for the first time since she showed up, didn't have a hint of optimism in her voice. Was Zeke really that harsh on him, or was this corrupted black spot responsible? Alaska thought it was best not to mention it.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: It's cool D. Was just hanging with a pal and stuff.

IC
    "Get out of there." he heard Chunk yell. Had Layne not been shooting water gun to keep the Ariados away, Layne would have shouted a sarcastic answer back, though he knew how much good that would do. Layne dropped it, and started to think. Chunk was still engaged with the other Ariados, and the third Ariados was still frozen, but Layne saw that even freezing them would not be enough it seemed. The ice was already cracking. "Just my luck..." Layne thought to himself.

Layne was sitting on his tail, which was still moving under him. Then it struck him! An idea. His tail was movable. Perhaps.....

Layne unleashed a quick sonic boom, and the webbing released Layne, and he got back to his feet, but stumbled. The attack made his left foot numb, as the foot took some of that attack. Another Pin Missile.....or was it Poison Sting...attack was coming toward Layne. Layne managed to jump and fire another Sonicboom at the Ariados, which knocked it off the tree. Layne then used a powerful Iron Tail attack.

The other Ariados, which had just thawed was coming at Layne from behind, but was tackled by Chunk who had dispersed the other Ariados. Layne felt his limit reaching. His arm was still bleeding, and he felt his back also bleeding. But he also saw the corrupt pokemon also showing tire. But the question was would they know this, and retreat? Or would they fight until they couldn't move anymore?

"What happens when a corrupted Pokémon meets corrupted waters?" Chunk asked, in a rather serious tone. Layne shrugged, not taking his eyes off the two remaining Ariados. "Hopefully nothing."

The pokemon was already corrupt, and from that he'd seen, the aura did nothing in the healing area. Was a corrupt pokemon, which fell into corrupt water, just wet? Who knew?

Layne fired another water pulse at the Ariados, hoping that for confusion. He wasn't gonna give up.....not with Autumn on the line. And he wouldn't fail his new partner so easily on the first mission they went on together.

That vow he made himself. If he had to fight his way back from corruption, he would not fail here!

(I'll let you dicide if Water Pulse confuses him. Also Diamond may temprarily control Loudred and Bruno)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    "damn it! just Damn it!" Zeke began slashing at a large rock formation.

He didn't have any idea why he could swap personalities so fast. He would lose control in so many ways. Now Leigh was in pain thanks to his violent personna. Zeke stopped and reliezed that he never stopped even for Specter.

================

Specter shook him self concious. He growled and pushed himself up.

"That Hurt!" Specter said... "WAIT! How the Heck am I Talking!"

================

Zeke tried to contact Specter through his usual mental telepathic conection with him.

(now theres a plot twist.)

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Felicia stirred her eyes opening after a few minutes. That was a good nap she thought stretching as her vision cleared. After a moment of looking around she spotted Leigh unconscious and ran over. "Oh my gosh what happened" she asked worriedly looking at the Pokemon with Leigh.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    The shiny Vulpix from before ran over to Alaska. "Oh my gosh what happened?" she asked. "My team leader fought a bit too harsh against Leigh, and now he can't recover..." Alaska replied, looking at Leigh. Zeke better apologize for this later, Alaska thought. "Does anyone happen to be carrying a potion?" she asked.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "Not only that, but he didn't even bother helping to assist Leigh once he fell down." Xell was still angry at Zeke, and he hoped that Leigh would recover. Turning to Alaska, he replied, "I'll see what I have." He moved away from the group, closed his large eyes, and begun shooting out apples from parts of his body unseen. After a few apples, an Oran Berry came out, and he nudged it over to Leigh before picking up his apples.

((OOC: Is the whole process of shooting fruit somewhat stupid? I want your honest opinion, and if you don't understand it, I'm happy to explain. I just don't want to be confusing.))

Back