• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    i get the feeling that the regigigas forme may be fake, becasue both the new shaymin forme and giratina forme have been released, and there's not much speculation about the new gigas forme. the shaymin forme, however, was a mistake (the release), so maybe the gigas forme is just coming much later.

and whats scary, Nintendo is making the best games ever (IMO, dont dispute that here) and they can't even spell form right! XD

No, forme is actually a different way to spell form. The formes are nice, but they didn'tmispell it. They wanted it to be different.

Mao

Feeling F R E S H
    Years
    i get the feeling that the regigigas forme may be fake, becasue both the new shaymin forme and giratina forme have been released, and there's not much speculation about the new gigas forme. the shaymin forme, however, was a mistake (the release), so maybe the gigas forme is just coming much later.

and whats scary, Nintendo is making the best games ever (IMO, dont dispute that here) and they can't even spell form right! XD
    Is there an Official realease for the Rigigigas forme? Because I've heard nothing about it. However if there isn't an official one then I hope there is because of the Original Regigigas' weakness being the Slow Start ability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    previous viewers of the picture have said the same thing.
    plus, if you drag a corocoro picture to your desktop, its a jpeg file. the picture i have is a bmp file, unrecognizable by PC, so... thats my opinion: its fake.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    There is a 90% chance it's fake. It's too bad and I wish I can read japanese, so I could translate this stuff on the Jpeg.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Um, I don't think Ken Sugimori is on crack when he does Pokémon art...I mean Nintendo is known for it's creativity. But that's just to creative; so yeah, fake.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Sorry i do not agree with you because if they revamp the games to much like in pokemon ranger it would become crap i like the system how it is now i this has nothing to do with it but i hated the fact that with final fantasy X was awsome the battle system rocked and then in Final fantasy XII completly screwed it up i would hate it if they recked my favorite game pokemon like they did to Final fantasy

I had trouble reading this but I gather you didn't like FFXII? Couldn't blame you, that game was pretty terrible. But I still feel they should revamp the system and if you read my post more carefully, I used Dragon Quest Monsters Joker as an example. That games battles were a lot more fun to watch and act out. D/P is kinda dull and not much happens, theres something missing and I feel that the DS can do a lot more.

Mao

Feeling F R E S H
    Years
    That Pokemon doesn't look very legit to me:|. Oh well it should have been called Regigpoleon xD.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Though that Regigigas definitely fake, I still hoping that there will be a new one because the current Regigigas would kick butt if he didn't have Slow Start. Though a new one would have different stats, they would add up to be the same. So with a new ability, Regigigas could join the ranks of ubers.

Years
    If think it would be really cool if you could like form a team online at the end where you and a bunch of friends hunt down Dialga , Palkia and Giritina while nintendo makes up something about a holagram or whatever its called in the pokemon center where you could go in a cave and go on like a big expedition where you need like a team to do it. That would be really cool and you have to take down other teams to reach the legendarys and Cyrus , that would be really cool in my opinion. A battle frontier and somebody like Red/Steven would also be nice.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    If think it would be really cool if you could like form a team online at the end where you and a bunch of friends hunt down Dialga , Palkia and Giritina while nintendo makes up something about a holagram or whatever its called in the pokemon center where you could go in a cave and go on like a big expedition where you need like a team to do it. That would be really cool and you have to take down other teams to reach the legendarys and Cyrus , that would be really cool in my opinion. A battle frontier and somebody like Red/Steven would also be nice.

That is a really cool idea, kinda like LOZ Four Swords, right? Sadly I don't think it will happen in Platinum, but I hope it happens sometime in the future.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    it is a great idea, it would make you become more interactive with your friends, as well as making new ones. we all know that Nintendo is attempting to make the players of their games more active with other people instead of just having us sit on our couches and play (which i do anyway). this is explained by the number of pokemon who evolve by trade. Graveler, kadabra, porygon(2), electabuzz, etc. they're encouraging us to become more interactive with other people.
    so the idea of teaming up with friends to help take down legendaries is interesting, but not probable.

as for the battle frontier, that is coming back, there have been several screenies showing the female character entering a building thought to be part of the Platinum version of the Battle Fronteir. IMO, it is the part of the map hidden by the famous Nintendo cloud trick, where they cover part of the map with clouds to keep it a secret and keep us wondering.

I would like another Mt. Silver-esque thing as in G/S/C. Maybe extend the cave Giratina's currently in (i forgot the name) and put Cynthia at the end of it with some LV 70's as the ultimate test. that would give someone ultimate bragging rights.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Where do I start? That Regigigas Sky Forme is too fake! I have proof!
    The edited picture (blame Paint) is in the spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    yes, besides that, that picture is about the only one ive ever seen, there were heaps of pics for shaymin and the torn world and other stuff.​

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but the official box art for Pokemon Platinum has been revealed.

Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

And according to this video, the Pokemon will now have animated back sprites. Regigigas in that video raised it's head and claw.

It is also said that a Pink haired person is named Pluto, but I can't seem to find the image of it. -______________-

An image of the Platinum Sinnoh map is also found here. There appears to be a new area in the south-western corner of Sinnoh. I retrieved this information from a thread in SPPF. I'll quote it onto here.

Take a look at the new Sinnoh Map... Click here to see an animation between the old and new one. (The animation destroys the quality somewhat. Click here and here to see the images individually if prefer you it.)

One of the first things you'll notice between the images is...
    Well, the New map seems to go outwards a bit more... But if you don't count that...

You'd probubly notice the clouds and the purple swirl above Mount Coronet. The purple swirl is there because it's the portal to the torn world (or something like that), but the clouds are stuck on top of certain areas of the map. After a few moments on the main website, a few clouds start moving over the screen. But those ones are permanently stuck over there.

Most notably, the clouds are over...
    -The flower garden above Floaroma
    -All of Routes 119, 120, and 221 (The routes in between Sandgem town and Pal Park), half of Pal Park, and parts of Twinleaf Town and Sandgem Town.
    -The Fight Area,the Survival Area, and Route 225 (The route between the two mentioned areas)
    -A random area above route 222 (The sandy area on the left of Sunnyshore City.)

Well, for one... Why are those areas covered?

If you look closely... The clouds look directly like the one on the opposite corner as them. EXACTLY. It looks like those clouds were pasted over and not on the original drawing. Like it's blocking something. They don't look like part of the art. If it is blocking something.... What might be under there?

In my opinions...
    -Where the Flower Garden is... I don't know. Something Shaymin related? If so probubly something small... But I don't think it's purely a coincidence that a cloud was put over that area.
    -The big area in South-Western Sinnoh... I have NO IDEA at ALL why that could be covered...
    -I think... Of course where the Areas are, this new 'Battle Frontier' thing will be there. That's my guess at least...
    -I have NO CLUE what can be in that area above route 222... I think that was just put there to make the clouds look a bit more natural.

Why would they cover areas such as those? I still think those clouds look Pasted over those areas to prevent spoilers...

xXPorygonXx noticed that the Veilstone Galactic Building looks different. Specifically a bit more circular and roundish... LimeStar also noticed a similar change happened to the Galactic Building in Eterna. It seems to have became more circular. As of current information, the reason is unknown... What might be going on there? xXPorygonXx also noticed that the GTS is shaped differently. This may be what that Computer Room screenshot is from... it may also be a part of the new Battle Frontier Area...
    What do you think?

Also, one thing to think about... The new chambers for the Regi Trio... Where are THOSE located?
    Also, the lake Giratina was in before is still there... Is it just an empty cave now? What's there?

Oh, and that Regigigas picture was already announced fake by the creator, who happens to be Dragotar911 of SPPF.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Well, I'm really liking these new developments. I'm glad to see the old Regi music is back when you battle them, and animated back sprites are a nice addition. We can see that the Regigigas that is sent out is indeed in a Cherish Ball, so that basically confirms you need the Movie Regigigas. Gotta get me one of those now

The name Pluto probably means we have a new Galactic Commander on our hands. I also like the notion that Pluto could be a rogue Galactic, in that he/she starts on the Galactic side and then becomes dissilusioned with Cyrus' views and helps you in the end.

And that box art looks beautiful. I really do need to find a new place that I can buy American Imports...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    wow, back animations? that'll be nice. Nintendo is really going all out for Platina, huh?

anything about an exact release date for the US?

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Well, since Pluto isn't a planet anymore does that mean her name will be changed for the American release? *shot*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back