• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    lol, knowing the US i wouldnt be surprised. is it even a he? i just figured pink hair person was a girl...

*shoots him again*

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    So, how is everyone drooling today? XD

Lovin' the box art. Great post Clade. (Yes, I'll still call you that anyway >>;) And back animations? About time if you ask me, they have to start making this less still life 24/7. ;D I'm really glad to hear they're putting a lot of effort into this, and seems to be the case. I hope it lives up the hype and works out. Give me a ton of sidequests and I'll be content. DX

ShadowTails said:
    Well, since Pluto isn't a planet anymore does that mean her name will be changed for the American release? *shot*

Not really, Pluto is still regarded highly out in space. And actually, if this Pluto character were to (Like Deano said) be with Galatic and later on break away. It would kinda fit with the whole...Pluto used to be a planet but "broke away" from that. So all in all, it really works out. I don't see them changing it, many people still recognize Pluto as a planet anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hmmm... that does make sense... interesting thought.

is a new regigigas forme in the works then, if the regi-poleon is fake? or is a new gigas forme altogether fake?

Last edited:
    Years
    The circled character is a real letter. the first word is re-ji-gi-ga-su

I'm not saying that the picture is real, but it does say Regigigas

Where do I start? That Regigigas Sky Forme is too fake! I have proof!
    The edited picture (blame Paint) is in the spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Here is why that image is fake:

1. No respectable Pokemon website has posted the image.
    2. There is no source for it.

So there. It is fake. Next topic >_>

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2008
    maybe you finish the e4 in sinnoh and then beat team galactic at some special mission like 4 island in fr/lg then e4 gets more powerful,

you beat the e4 again and then volkner, and cynthia will be hiding in mt coronet like steven from emerald and you have to verse her, her team is 2 levels higher than volkner's (the champion),

after beating him you get the game restarted and saved (like you beat e4+ champ,)

Dawn/Lucas stops by your house after you go outside and takes you to see rowan and Prof Rowan has a special mission for you saying that there are other leagues out there (something like that)
    then he tells you that you are not allowed to take any legendary pokemon to these islands and you cannot take anything above level 80 (or something)

you accept his challenge and go and defeat all of kanto's league, of course at the end is your rival (Tower Tycoon Palmer's Son), then you go and beat johto's league, then hoenn, and finally the Elite Four in sinnoh opens another room, in this room you have to beat 5 trainers in a row, their names are: (Your Rival's name), Lance, Steven/Wallace, Cynthia/Volkner, Prof Rowan after beating palmer the level restriction wears off for the other regions but while the restriction is on you cannot withdraw anything over the level restriction, also the level restriction does not apply to the final 5

then You get taken to a special island after the credits roll where you battle some epic brawls 7 to be precise

1st battle against Prof Oak
    2nd Battle against Prof Elm
    3rd battle against Prof Birch
    4th battle against Prof Rowan
    5th battle against Cyrus
    6th battle against Dawn/Lucas
    7th battle against Your Mom!
    ........are you like, 12? that was possibly the most imaginative thing i've ever heard.
    and the compliments stop there.
    because it is also the most retarded piece of rubbish i have ever read in the history of forever. i say you get the plaque for PC retard of the month. anyone agree?

Since when was it ever implied that the games took place in the same time era?
    i had a theory about the whole "jasmine as gym leader" scenario,
    and i came up with a sensible, if yet to be proven theory.
    in diamond and pearl, jasmine was put in sunyshore city as a unknown as of recently easter egg as an idea of what would come to happen to sunyshore in platinum. the only real purpose of her being in the game is to give you an hm and to give you the obvious statement that you cant face te elite four without all gym badges. the only connection to sunyshore city is the electric type ampharos she NEVER battled with that was in a light house. sunyshore city gym=electric. ampharos=electric. jasmine=NOT ELECTRIC. sunyshore city=lighthouse. light house=ampharos. soif volkner is champ, and jasmine is (figuretvely), then what i want to know is what type is he gym? because sunyshore is too much into the whole electric power scene to change like THAT. but,
    she could replace another gym leader, and that gym leader replaces volkner, and volkner replaces cynthia, but where is cynthia? mabye she is the gym leader. or mabye flint. but i doubt it. and now, i have ANOTHER theory. (im sorry about my conspirisy-esque thing going on, its 2 in the morning and im high as bloody hell)
    mabye jasmine is part of the elite four, replacing another member who takes over the sunyshore gym, and cynthia is like scott from emerald, i mean, she pops up randomly alot in the story line. and now, im done ranting. try to digest my awesome theories, bet you cant have just one.^^ im going to pass out from headache pain from thinking that hard.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Here is why that image is fake:

1. No respectable Pokemon website has posted the image.
    2. There is no source for it.
    So there. It is fake. Next topic >_>
    No, here's why its fake.

Dragotar911, the creator of the false image, admitted that the image was made by him/her in his/her signature on the SPPF forums. A link to his/her deviantART account was provided as proof.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    CartoonJunkie, that letter cannot be found in any of my 3 japanese dictionaries, and it won't even appear on my DS- proof it's fake.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    the character is "ji" but lets stop arguing! we already know its fake, we're just disputing why its fake, just give it up!

does anyone know what this screenie says? because if im correct, the characters (in romaji) are "yaseino giratina-ga arawareta", and im interested to know what it translates to.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but the official box art for Pokemon Platinum has been revealed.

Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

And according to this video, the Pokemon will now have animated back sprites. Regigigas in that video raised it's head and claw.

It is also said that a Pink haired person is named Pluto, but I can't seem to find the image of it. -______________-

An image of the Platinum Sinnoh map is also found here. There appears to be a new area in the south-western corner of Sinnoh. I retrieved this information from a thread in SPPF. I'll quote it onto here.

Oh, and that Regigigas picture was already announced fake by the creator, who happens to be Dragotar911 of SPPF.

Hm. You said the Galatic Buildings were roundish, thats because now they have some planet-orb-thing on them:

Years
    Hm. You said the Galatic Buildings were roundish, thats because now they have some planet-orb-thing on them:

Hey nice find, I wish there was something else hidden... (there, there there!) I can't wait for this game, so I may just get it from Japan. What do you guys think? Would I flop because I have no idea of anything Japanese...

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    You can also see the HQ in Veilstone has changed (round top.) If you can't see it, its up and to the left of the Eterna building.

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    the character is "ji" but lets stop arguing! we already know its fake, we're just disputing why its fake, just give it up!

does anyone know what this screenie says? because if im correct, the characters (in romaji) are "yaseino giratina-ga arawareta", and im interested to know what it translates to.

err... I think it sais "wild giritina appeared" if you meant the bottom bit, thats what it sais in the english picture...

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    i cant wait tiil the release of pokemon platinum

Pearl friend code 3909 8460 2260

Orzhov

Noob Hater
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2009
    I personaly can't wait for Platinum.. but thanks to ninten d'oh we all have to wait.

About the theorys with jasmine. maybe she replaces flint when he tells u to go to the lighthouse to find volkner.

I also feel the lighthouse should be extended to have some random sailors/tubers battle u. the d/p lighthouse felt so empty compared to the gold/silver one

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    err... I think it sais "wild giritina appeared" if you meant the bottom bit, thats what it sais in the english picture...

Actually, that picture was made by my friend- Silver Riolu. It is his property!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    is there a reason why there is no platform under giratina? the platform appears at the very start of battle, even before any text appears.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back