• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    *coughcoughnerdcoughcough* excuse me, i have a cold.
    we are getting a little offtopic. Qwerty-117, you know there is a lovely site called dictionary.com, right? you copy the huge word that i dont feel like spelling, paste it on dictionary.com, and there is a definition! Amazing how the internet works, huh?

either way, is there an exact release date for the US yet? or are we still in the "Early Spring" stage?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Im hoping for Feb. or Jan. that would be great... even though those are more of late winter

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i don't remember where i heard this, but i thought i heard April was the date, but dont count on it...

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Most likely April or May. It comes out September 13th, 2008 in Japan. Diamond/Pearl was released on September 28th, 2006. Then it was released Aprill 22nd, 2008 in the US. So hopefully, it stays in the same range....

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hmm, at that pattern, it should be released around... April 5th, give or take a few days or so?
    (assuming it doesnt get delayed like brawl that is...)

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I wish, that one day, Nintendo would either

A. Release Pokemon to us before Japan
    B. Release them at the same time

v_v

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
    If only...
    And while we're wishing for things that could never happen, that would be totally awesome if you could catch trainers in a PokeBall, and then the trainer would have six attacks to throw out his/her Pokemon, and then THEY would all have their own attacks.

Go PokeFan Jeremy! PokeFan Jeremy used Ivysaur! Ivysaur used vine whip! Bam, he's dead.

Pokefan92

Poke Fan for Generations
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I know! I so want them in the US 2! I dont want to have to wait like, 9 months for this! I really want it bad. I also wish us and Japan could get them at the same time.....That would be more fair...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I wish, that one day, Nintendo would either

A. Release Pokemon to us before Japan
    B. Release them at the same time

v_v

the more likely of the two is option B, and that isn't that likely at all!
    but it would be nice if they released them at the same time. I'm assuming that it takes a lot of time for them to take the storyline in Japanese and translate it to English, etc. but still, an earlier release date would be more favorable.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    hey guys,what do u think it will happen to pal park?i think it's gonna be better because this time u will pass ur pokemon from gba to ds and viceversa.i dunno,but it would be super cool!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hey guys,what do u think it will happen to pal park?i think it's gonna be better because this time u will pass ur pokemon from gba to ds and viceversa.i dunno,but it would be super cool!

hmm, a palpark update... make it more expansive maybe, but passing ur pokes from ds to gba? that won't happen, because people would try to pass 4th generation to 3rd generation, and it wouldnt work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    OBJECTION!heh,i guess too much apollo justice is killing me....anyway,ua re wrong,what happened in g/s/c?u could pass them!and it wasn't a failured!haha GOT CHA!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    OBJECTION!heh,i guess too much apollo justice is killing me....anyway,ua re wrong,what happened in g/s/c?u could pass them!and it wasn't a failured!haha GOT CHA!

Actually, you're the one who's wrong, because we're talking about the ability to transfer from D/P to GBA games and vice-versa.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013

you phail. the only way you could pass them back and forth is if the G/S/C pokemon had no moves or items that R/B/Y had. the same thing would happen here (although effects would factor in as well)

play a little more apollo justice, maybe you'll learn when to use that term correctly.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    (1) New story! Hunt down Team Galactic (again!)

• Interpol arrives!
    • A new member has joined the team!
    • (Both Dialga and Palkia appear at Spear Pillar)
    (2) Sinnoh now has its own Battle Frontier!

• The Battle Frontier arrives in the Fight Area! It's now a part of the Battle Tower!
    • Exchange Battle Points (BP) at various new facilities!
    (3) New Wi-Fi capabilities!

• Each Pokemon Center's basement level has been expanded and now has new facilities that can support up to 20 player playing at the same time!
    • Play new Poffin making game inside Swalot's mouth (a Swalot-shaped machine, not an actual Swalot)
    (4) New GTS capabilities! Battle Recorder confirmed!

• There is a new GTS in Jubilife City! It has new facilities, including a Global Terminal!
    • New item: Battle Recorder: Record videos of your matches and share them with the world!
    Shaymin's secret forme change procedures (This mostly reiterates what we already knew from previous updates)

1. Receive Shaymin via Wi-Fi to Diamond/Pearl at movie theatres
    2. Transfer the Shaymin to Platinum
    3. In Floarama Town, receive the Flower of Glacidea!
    4. Use the Flower of Glacidea on Shaymin!
    5. Shaymin changes from Land Forme to Sky Forme (Grass/Flying, 0.4m, 5.2kg, Ability: Serene Grace)
    All info from new pages. Also that big double page and large pic is from my deductions wifi minigames!! Check for yourselves the text around is with wifi and those are arcade arcade machines.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    wait. you can record battles? any ones you want? like you could record a random bidoof battle or something? cool... what do they mean by Global Terminal, wat's that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back