• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
Years
  • maybe you finish the e4 in sinnoh and then beat team galactic at some special mission like 4 island in fr/lg then e4 gets more powerful,

you beat the e4 again and then volkner, and cynthia will be hiding in mt coronet like steven from emerald and you have to verse her, her team is 2 levels higher than volkner's (the champion),

after beating him you get the game restarted and saved (like you beat e4+ champ,)

Dawn/Lucas stops by your house after you go outside and takes you to see rowan and Prof Rowan has a special mission for you saying that there are other leagues out there (something like that)
    then he tells you that you are not allowed to take any legendary pokemon to these islands and you cannot take anything above level 80 (or something)

you accept his challenge and go and defeat all of kanto's league, of course at the end is your rival (Tower Tycoon Palmer's Son), then you go and beat johto's league, then hoenn, and finally the Elite Four in sinnoh opens another room, in this room you have to beat 5 trainers in a row, their names are: (Your Rival's name), Lance, Steven/Wallace, Cynthia/Volkner, Prof Rowan after beating palmer the level restriction wears off for the other regions but while the restriction is on you cannot withdraw anything over the level restriction, also the level restriction does not apply to the final 5

then You get taken to a special island after the credits roll where you battle some epic brawls 7 to be precise

1st battle against Prof Oak
    2nd Battle against Prof Elm
    3rd battle against Prof Birch
    4th battle against Prof Rowan
    5th battle against Cyrus
    6th battle against Dawn/Lucas
    7th battle against Your Mom!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    The idea I like most, although I know it's unlikely, is a return to some area, any area really. It's not as if they can't do it...their biggest game region-wise was for the original gameboy (GSC). I feel that they're not harnessing the power of the DS yet, since D/P and Sinnoh are about the same size/length as FR/LG, despite being a generation higher.

Besides that, I also agree with the idea of a longer story; although there was a decent amount of plot with the destroying-the-universe thing, it all happened a bit too fast.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    yeah, I liked emerald better than dp, this one should be better though

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • they can change the Pokedex, ya'know... OR You'll have to wait until you get the Nationaldex to catch them... Or best yet, you START with the Nationaldex.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Starting with the national dex is stupid really...

Giratina replaces Dialga/Palkia, so it will be included in the pokedex, unless you don't actually capture it until after you obtain the national dex, which would seem odd. What number is Giratina? Are there any other legendaries before it? (i.e Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas) that would make it hard, unless they re-ordered the pokedex numbers, but that is a little too much to work through. I'm happy because I can simply download Platinum when it's released in Japan, because I have an R4, and so I don't have to wait nearly 12 months before it's released in Australia.

~T_S

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • well you can actually get pokemon from the national dex w/o having the nat. dex, plus its not that hard to reconfigure the pokedx mechanics but it'll prolly be like emerald where girantina shows up but can only be caught after certain criteria have been met (aquire the national pokedex)

Years
  • I suspect that Origin Forme Girantina will be more Offensively oriented. The only base stat we know for sure is its Base 150 HP. All Pokemon with Alternate forms retain the same Base HP.

I just hope it isn't soemthing simple like this:

HP: 150
    ATT: 120
    DEF: 100
    SP.ATT: 120
    SP.DEF: 100
    SPEED: 90

Just switch the attack stats into defense. I think this would be mroe appropriate, as it's quite slow for an Uber still witht he above Configuration:

HP: 150
    ATT: 120
    DEF: 90
    SP.ATT: 120
    SP.DEF: 90
    SPEED: 110

There. Now we have Speed that can utilize the beefed up Attack Stats, while still remaining Bulky due to it's HP.

Are you saying that this MIGHT be at level 47 or are you thinking of 70?

Anyway, it will be coming out in America in 2009.

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • TBH I would like them to realese a Nintendo Event to celebrate this game being brought out mabey something like sheymin and have arceus in the game... They must being doing something about these 2 pokemon else the would'nt have programed them into D/P

Years
  • i wonder whens it comin out
    lucky my nds emu works

about the battle tower
    its realy big
    and theres alot of caves
    i saw it on google

AH!

Liar, get out if you're going to be in here doing this, we don't need your type in here, spreading rumors about what they've read, when really they haven't. The only things that have been released are the pic of Cyrus in front of Giratina, and the one of the battle opening with Giratina.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Are you saying that this MIGHT be at level 47 or are you thinking of 70?

Anyway, it will be coming out in America in 2009.

NO, I'm taking about the Base stats of the new Form. Base Stats stay the same regardless of level :/

And I already knew from the screenshot that it will be at Level 47.

Also:

I'm pretty sure that, like Cave of Origin of Emerald, Turnback cave will be Legendary-less.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    They'll probably add Giratina as 151 in the Sinnoh dex, but not change it in the national dex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back