• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • On Arceus:

Bulbapedia said:
    Arceus's Multi-Type ability allows it to change types based on which plate it holds. Although there is no known plate that will make it a ???-type, the code for Diamond and Pearl has a sprite for ???-type Arceus. This may mean that there may be a way to get a plate that will change Arceus to this type via a future Nintendo event.

Spr_4d_493-%3F%3F%3F.png

New topic: Breeding changes!

Breeding was introduced in GSC. From there, R/S changed the way IVs were passed down, Emerald added the Everstone trick, and DP introduced Characteristics- given the pattern, I think there's a good chance of Platinum introducing something new. What do you guys think Nintendo can do?

Personally, I'm hoping for items that increase the chances of specific IVs to be passed down. For example, one would equip the HP Passer (obviously, not what I predict the name to be) to either parent, and there would be a 50% chance of that IV being passed down.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • On Arceus:

New topic: Breeding changes!

Breeding was introduced in GSC. From there, R/S changed the way IVs were passed down, Emerald added the Everstone trick, and DP introduced Characteristics- given the pattern, I think there's a good chance of Platinum introducing something new. What do you guys think Nintendo can do?

Personally, I'm hoping for items that increase the chances of specific IVs to be passed down. For example, one would equip the HP Passer (obviously, not what I predict the name to be) to either parent, and there would be a 50% chance of that IV being passed down.

That'd be nice.

However, I was thinking not in the lines of breeding but, how about a in-game IV checker, dunno, it'd be much easier than having to go for IV battles when you need to check.

mariokutai

Okutai-Bunbun-San
    Years
  • Don't care bout nuthin else

i jus want it! So i can go thru the ENTIRE story going "done that, been there"

I don't like the new Giratina sprite...nasty...rushed...evil looking thing ¬_¬

Giratina is the master of 666, yes?

6 legs, 6 ribs, 6 wing spikes

do teh math!!!

what sort of carnage can Giratina cook up for our hero, eh? and what role will Uxi, Mesprit and Azelf play? will it be the same? or totally whacked out different???

hehehe

I'm excited =P

now Nintendo, be a good company and give us G/S/C remakes!!!!

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • I don't think that Kouki's gonna get a new outfit. I think it's only an alternative one or clothes for the snow areas.

\\Ceiran//

up to my neck in piplups!
    Years
  • y'know, i've been thinking, and i dont reckon galactic are after giratina, but rather they summon the other two up, and either

the lake trio call up giratina to negate the effects of the other two,

or

the combined presence of both dialga and palkia begins to warp space-time, leading giratina, who obviously has some control over space-time to be able to dimension-hop, to appear to fix the problem.

theres a huge physics-laden bit of reasoning behind these theories, but i cant be bothered typing it here.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • However, I was thinking not in the lines of breeding but, how about a in-game IV checker, dunno, it'd be much easier than having to go for IV battles when you need to check.

Nintendo wants to keep Pokemon as casual as possible- I doubt they'd even acknowledge the existence of IVs.

Also, hacked Rare Candies + Metalkid's Calculator ftw.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I think more pokemon should be able to be caught before elite four. that would be agreat addition that way your able to make even better teams before the elite four.

mariokutai

Okutai-Bunbun-San
    Years
  • y'know, i've been thinking, and i dont reckon galactic are after giratina, but rather they summon the other two up, and either

the lake trio call up giratina to negate the effects of the other two,

or

the combined presence of both dialga and palkia begins to warp space-time, leading giratina, who obviously has some control over space-time to be able to dimension-hop, to appear to fix the problem.

theres a huge physics-laden bit of reasoning behind these theories, but i cant be bothered typing it here.

hmhm...good speculation

Giratina is said to live on the reverse side of our world

so maybe he is some sort of Paradox prevention pokemon?

maybe Dialga and Palkia aren't supposed to be summoned, so Giratina comes along to sort it out???

Ah, so many possiblities

as long as i can catch Giratina and call it Raziel, i don't care!!! XD

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Hrmmm... Why is Giratina's Status thingy dark in colour?
    *gasp* Could there possibly be... Shadow Pokemon?

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • I am looking forward too
    the new battle tower(probably be like emeralds)
    the ability to travel to jhoto region
    and the new forms of pokemons
    and better 3D graphics

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I am looking forward too
    the new battle tower(probably be like emeralds)
    the ability to travel to jhoto region
    and the new forms of pokemons
    and better 3D graphics

Αha im sorry to say it but half is true. Going to johto is a pipe dream and nintendo know that doing that would mean them loozin mullah and better graphics in 3D is a nah cause nintendo no matter whatneer updates graphics. Heck when you think of it nintendos first 2 gens are only warm up games. Now is the time for great things. And new forms not that much new anything except gira at the time. And the possibe shaymin sky form.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I will never understand people's wishes for getting to the Johto region. Gold, Silver and Crystal aren't good enough for anyone? :x

No, Jerake. We misses it, k? D< Johto region ftw. We want to see it revived in 3D, like when Kanto got a whole new facelift in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I believe it will be a great game but still a bit disappointing.
    it is too much related to emerald.
    here are some examples.
    Platinum:volkner(8th gym) isn't the leader anymore.
    Emerald:wally (8th gym) wasn't the leader anymore.
    Platinum:Giratina stops the fight between dialga and palkia.
    Emerald:Rayquaza stops the fight between groudon and kyogre.
    Platinum:new battle island, replaces old one.
    Emerald:New battle island, replaces old one.

I'm sure there are a few more such as maybe volkner will be the leader of the E4.
    but in it there will be a lot of pros and cons to the game.
    example:The underground is now wi-fi enabled.
    Pro:A lot of people. More of a challenge and harder to escape. Also to make new friends.
    Con:A lot of people. More of a challenge and harder to escape. Also to make new enemies.
    Giratina, if it is offensive form, looks pretty cool to me but if i stare at it long enough, it gets really ugly.
    If i can find my DS and convince my brother to buy it, i will probably get it but be a bit disappointed because it is almost the same exact game. Nintendo is just going around in circles. The only non-3rd version game is firered and leafgreen,which even didn't count.
    they underused the power of the touch screen also, almost as much as LOZ:phantom hourglass overused it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    To everybody- I will post a new form of Shaymin soon enough. But note- It may be a fake.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Platinum:volkner(8th gym) isn't the leader anymore.
    Emerald:wally (8th gym) wasn't the leader anymore.
    Platinum:Giratina stops the fight between dialga and palkia.
    Emerald:Rayquaza stops the fight between groudon and kyogre.
    Platinum:new battle island, replaces old one.
    Emerald:New battle island, replaces old one.

Oh gee, you sure seem to know a lot about a game that hasn't been released, and nobody knows anything about. You're clearly right.

Also, it's funny how you think that Platinum is supposed to be something new. It's not. It's a quick cash in for Nintendo. Of course it's going to be similar to every other Pokemon game ever released.

To everybody- I will post a new form of Shaymin soon enough. But note- It may be a fake.

You mean this?
    1211493500951fr3.jpg

The same one that pretty much everyone on the internet has seen by now?

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    i wish nintendo would add more touch screen functions. In D/P the only thing besides battle and the poketch that used the touch screen is the bag menu's little pokeball that you spin to scoll through your inventory(which i didn't even realize I could do until after the Elite Four)

This sounds crazy, but i think instead of Platinum just taking everything from D/P and making a few tweaks, the game should just be Sinnoh with a completly different storyline, many more new areas, and much harder gyms(oh and better movesets for most of the pokemon, too). And one last thing, ADD MORE FIRE TYPES!!! Chimchar and Ponyta aren't enough!(Which is the reason why Flint's lineup was made of fail)

@Airconditoning: about the Shaymin pic, ouch that was harsh, son. I respect that, so cookie for you!

- seraphinw1

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2008
    Maybe there will be something similar to the 10th movie
    Where Dialga and Palkia fight
    but something with Giratina instead of Darkrai.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Personally, I don't see Giratina stopping a fight between Palkia and Dialga. We don't know much about this creature's intentions; who knows, it might be sinister.

Here's what I think may be possible:

Whatshisname uses the Red Chain with both Dialga and Palkia, and begins to create his universe, and releases Giratina in the process, which makes a lot of bad things happen.

.... I'd just like something a little bit more exciting, you know?

Maybe even Darkrai will be involved somehow, but movie plots haven't really ever surfaced in the games.
    (Except the Masahiro Sakurai comment that Manaphy had been in a movie before. That was lol.. kinda tongue-in-cheek for me actually.)

I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing different Pokemon in different areas, and different encounter rates.
    That is such for a shiny hunter.

And island or something is guaranteed however, since Tropius isn't present at all in either Diamond or Pearl.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back