• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
Years
  • I wanted to see an electric form Shaymin because how cool would that be! I know its not going to be in Platinum but if they ever make another game after Platinum besides remakes I would like to see that form Shaymin.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • Ahh thank you for clarifying. Now, will it be catchable without an event/cheat this time? Or do we not know that yet?

You can get it in Japan at the 11th movie premier, and then transfer it to Platinum and it will turn into the Sky Form.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Nooo.. by the way things are going I'm sure they'll make a remake. But I got yelled at for putting this in the Sneaky Mr. Backlot thread so here it is

What if the trophy garden was bigger and you could get more than just Pichus and Bibarels and Staravias and Muchlaxes and Cleffas.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • What if the trophy garden was bigger and you could get more than just Pichus and Bibarels and Staravias and Muchlaxes and Cleffas.

Then the world would explode and everyone would die. O_o

I don't think they really need to add more Pokemon to the Trophy Garden, seeing as how you can already catch nearly every Pokemon in the game already. You might be able to catch Version exclusives somehow... but then they wouldn't be version exclusives...

Years
  • No no, I meant a PREVIOUS Region, like Hoenn or something.

You mean like a condensed version? That would be interesting...

you know what's interesting about that though?
    it wouldn't fit on the DS card. they'd have to invest big-time if they wanted to have 2 regions, seriously.
    it's a good idea, but remember, hoenn and such are already 3rd gen, so the idea here is 4th gen, which means that there's no point remaking 3rd gen, as it's only one gen before D/P. the only possible remake is 2nd gen, G/S/C, and that's very unlikely, mainly because it should have been done when they remade red and blue and green.

i'd say they are just gonna implement small things, like the torn world and such...

so what's gonna happen for all of us who don't have shaymin?
    (though i do have an illegit one, caught at the right location though)
    =/

black_cat

still learning to hack
    Years
  • you could possibly put 3 games on a single DS card but they just don't take the time to make/ remake older regions into the game like G/S/C.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • A few points:

The games certainly have the capacity to hold another entire land - the games aren't even taking up their maximum capacity as it stands.

Though you're right about investment - and the timeframe between Diamond and Pearl is rather small to actually recreate an entire region.

Why is that? Gold and Silver had Kanto which was only one generation behind.

Though (and I was gonna mention this actually), if they remade Johto that would be great too. I kinda miss that one, and it would be cool to go to Mt. Silver again.

Plus, remember in D/P when they had Jasmine at the beach...but it was just a cameo, nothing more. They could totally do something with that if they remade the Johto region, maybe work her into the story somehow.

Years
  • Why is that? Gold and Silver had Kanto which was only one generation behind.

Though (and I was gonna mention this actually), if they remade Johto that would be great too. I kinda miss that one, and it would be cool to go to Mt. Silver again.

Plus, remember in D/P when they had Jasmine at the beach...but it was just a cameo, nothing more. They could totally do something with that if they remade the Johto region, maybe work her into the story somehow.

Well, if they remade Johto, there would be no point in having it in platinum, and not in D/P. simply because it throws away their game release/remake system. they can't go and have a whole region exsclusive to one game out of 3, because that means that all the people who bought D/P have been cheaply ripped off. understand?

Remeber though, there were also lots of minor characters in the games who 'had come from regions far far away', so that's not to suggest that they actually are going to do anything with Jasmine.

If they were, then how would you have Johto then? Without Jasmin as a gym leader? You couldn't just randomly go to sinnoh and go battle her, could you? because that would mean that they are remaking a 4th gen game, when the whole point of GSDS would be so that it is 4th gen.

anyways, happy speculating! :)

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
  • I think now that there is no way they will let us visit regions (money) unless they made it cost $70 for every region they have on a game just like they have since ruby/sapphire

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Maybe, the Giratina in this is the 1st Legend to have a gender.
    Maybe the one with the tail is the Female and the legs, Male.
    Only a assumption.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • In the screenshots, we see that Giratina has no gender. The forms change as they switch between games, in the same manner as Deoxys in the 3rd Generation. And in any case, Heatran can be both genders too, and the Latis are legends and they too have genders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back