• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Poem/Song at the very end of Pokemon X/Y

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Did anybody else notice the poem/song at the end of Pokemon X/Y? Here it is for those that haven't yet. It's absolutely amazing, I love Nintendo even more for this;

You and I were born
    Right here in the same world
    For this one brief life
    we're beneath the same sky.

The great flow of time,
    The wide expanse of space
    We are lucky enough
    to share this lifetime we get

We can gain more if we give
    By taking, we only lose.

Let us make this a new age
    Where we show our gratitude

There's a fragile bud of hope
    blooming in each of our hearts.
    Don't you take that away
    Our dreams are meant to be shared.

Let it grow. Let it live.
    Let us see what it will bring.

When we share in our love,
    we will make a beautiful world.

Search it out, and find the way;
    the point where we can all meet

The point where we're all the same
    There it lies; the future we seek.

Start from there, and then we'll forge
    a world where all can be free

Free to dream, and free to smile.,
    Free to be who we will be.

Lets make sure we create..

A world of our hopes and dreams.

In our brief lives
    we've managed to meet
    Treasure this gift
    This precious time that we have
    In our brief lives
    we've managed to meet
    Treasure this gift
    This precious time that we have

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    This was one of those moments in Pokemon that made me feel warm & fuzzy inside.
    I don't know, I felt I've heard this song/poem before, I think its title is "Kiseki"(?)(I saw that name in capital letters at the end, I'm assuming it's either the song/poem's name or the alias of the person who wrote it) Either way, it was heartwarming :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    This was one of those moments in Pokemon that made me feel warm & fuzzy inside.
    I don't know, I felt I've heard this song/poem before, I think its title is "Kiseki"(?)(I saw that name in capital letters at the end, I'm assuming it's either the song/poem's name or the alias of the person who wrote it) Either way, it was heartwarming :D

Most definitely get that feeling if you happen to say the words to the correct notes of the music, it really is amazing how they did that. It's like they want you to sing it, it's just really awesome how Nintendo takes such care in their musical scores.

I am familiar with the tune of the song although I haven't heard the lyrics elsewhere.
    I decided to do some research and there's a band called "Greeeen"(4 E's, I know , right?) and they have a song titled "Kiseki" it has a somewhat similar tune to the one of that at the end credits.

Either way, that final part in the game decided for me that it was a perfect ending.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • The lyrics were indeed just the right for the musical score.
    I felt all the love they put into this game.
    The credits felt so magical. I teared up a bit while reading/singing it in my head :D

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Yeah, I noticed it too. I really like what they say. I was reading them as if it was just plain text, but I was "singing" it in my head, and I realized they were lyrics.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I cried like a baby, I sang along and cried. If every one in the world played pokemon and took that song to hear the world would be a better place...????????????????????????

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • I simply love that song. It's beautiful. Imagine singing it as a lullaby to a newly caught/hatched male Litleo that you named Lysandre.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • The cheesiness hurt to the point where I stopped looking at the lower screen. They're part of the song, sure, but it has no meaning to the game itself. Hence, I didn't cry like a friggin' baby. Catchy tune, though.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This was definitely awesome. I loved seeing this along with the sketches during the credits. Really cool stuff, and the more interesting credits they've had.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Did anyone else find the whole back story with the 3000 year old man and the pokemon that got killed in battled died, then how it left him? At the end, I actually did tear up a little bit whe. It came back. Then the poem just killed me.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • I really liked it! I play the game in French, and it occured to me the rhytm kinda tied in with the French lyrics. Wouldn't surprise me if it actually is a French song xD

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • My eyes were full of tears when I tried to read it because of the ending. lol It's a beautiful nuance to the ending, showing all the lyrics with it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I loved it, but it took forever. Am I coldhearted 'cause I'm the only one who wanted it to end so I could get on with my game?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The cheesiness hurt to the point where I stopped looking at the lower screen. They're part of the song, sure, but it has no meaning to the game itself. Hence, I didn't cry like a friggin' baby. Catchy tune, though.
    I disagree when you say it had no meaning to the game. It spoke of morality and the gift of life when the major plot in the games was about destruction and ending the lives of many. I thought it was very poetic and beautifully intertwined with the music. It was a bit lengthy to go through, but it's one of the best things GameFreak has ever done in a Pokémon game. The entire ending of the game made the credits stand out beyond any other.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I disagree when you say it had no meaning to the game. It spoke of morality and the gift of life when the major plot in the games was about destruction and ending the lives of many. I thought it was very poetic and beautifully intertwined with the music. It was a bit lengthy to go through, but it's one of the best things GameFreak has ever done in a Pokémon game. The entire ending of the game made the credits stand out beyond any other.

I would go so far as to say it's the best ending, the whole of it, for any video game thus far, not just Pokemon. The story draws you in, and shoves you onto an emotional roller coaster, then the song is like the cherry on top, making completing the game that much sweeter and more interesting. It is certainly a huge improvement to the series, considering most times the story end before you defeat the E4 and the credits are just something to sit through impatiently waiting to get to the post E4 stuff.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Eh, I didn't care for it much. Probably because the lyrics were rather cliché/cheesy, and I don't like clichés/cheesiness most of the time.

As for the rest of the ending, I liked what they did. They actually did something after you beat the Pokémon League, instead of just rolling the credits and sending you home. It was nice that there was a little parade and AZ challenges you to one more battle.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I absolutely loved this! And is that 3/4 time? :D At first, I was just concentrating on matching the English words to the melody. Then about halfway through, I tried it with the French, while comparing it with the English. I realized that each language has their own lyrics, which sounds like a tremendous effort from GameFreak's language people. Kudos! And when all seven languages popped up, I got chills! I recently beat the champion a second time and saw this again, which prompted me to look up lyrics and a good cover (I tried to find one in each language, but I couldn't find some of them). I found a beautiful English cover here though, if anyone's interested:

Back