• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Poké Marts in the Pokémon Centers

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    As most of you probably already know, in Black/White the Poké Marts were put into the Pokémon Centers. Woah, big deal right? Yes it was. No it wasn't really, but it affects how you play the game, and a massive change from having it's own Buildings since R/G.

How did you feel about the change?
    Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?

I quite liked this, seeing as it was a much faster process rather than going in and out of each building if I wanted to heal and pick up more items before I carried on with my journey.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I liked it, made the game just that little faster (not to say that I want it to end quickly, but there is a difference between time of "playing" and time of "spending"). I hope they keep it.

Wow, first post in two of your threads in a row. I'm on fire!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The idea that a "Pokémon Center" also sells Pokémon related things makes a lot of sense. The old style was basically a holdover from early Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest where you had the Item Shop and a Church for reviving KO'd party members.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    wait whoa, that's a big deal for me! makes me wanna speed through HG so i can finally start black >___<

but as for someone who hasn't experienced it yet, that sounds like an awesome idea, and i'm thinking "finally"! they should've done it sooner!

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I loved it. I think it makes it more akin to the Pokemon Center's in the show, where the center is practically your one-stop-shop for everything.

EDIT: That and it made the game smoother, not having to run outside, across the street or town, and then running back inside.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

How did you feel about the change?:
    It's a welcome change because I won't have to run to the other side of town to go to the Poke Mart.
    Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?: Most likely (hopefully), this feature will be kept in other games. I'm 99% sure that it'll be in the third game.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Well yeah, I've always thought they should do that. It just made a lot of sense for it all to be in the same building. I also think it's neat how the link functions and things are all in the one room, although it does make the interior much longer than it seems from outside. Are Pokemon Centres secretly TARDISes? Maybe the Nurse Joys are all manifestations of the Doctor.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    In my opinon it makes the PokéCenters more of a center. A very important place for any trainer, both for healing and for stocking up items. It makes a lot of sense to combine them. And I'm thankful they did.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Good idea, I like it, but they shouldn't do it for the Gen III remakes. Hopefully they don't.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    I didn't mind having them separate, but now that they're together, I would have liked if they were together all along.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I disliked the idea of having them together at first since I was so used to having to go into two different buildings at first. Now, I don't mind. It made it a bit easier as well. They should be kept throughout the series because I see the Pokemon Center as a center for trainers and would heal and stock up on various items as needed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Funny thing: I don't think I've used the PokéMart in months, so to me it literally does not matter. XD I mean sure, I get Great Balls and a few Revives, but that's been really all I've gotten, if anything I use it less because it's in the Pokemon Centre, BUT this really is useful (and will be for future games), since Pokemon Centres are everywhere while PokéMarts were not!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Having them combined sure made things easier, huh? I can access the PC, healing, mart, and multiplayer all on the same room, so things go even faster! It also makes things easier since that means that only the centre needs to exist now.

I wonder whether it'll stick around for remakes pre-Gen V, though. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Funny thing: I don't think I've used the PokéMart in months, so to me it literally does not matter. XD I mean sure, I get Great Balls and a few Revives, but that's been really all I've gotten, if anything I use it less because it's in the Pokemon Centre, BUT this really is useful (and will be for future games), since Pokemon Centres are everywhere while PokéMarts were not!
    Same. I'm a cheap sonofabitch when it comes to actually buying stuff in the game, so the location of the PokeMart in any given town matters very little to me. However, I can imagine this being of great benefit to a great many people, so I support the current arrangement wholeheartedly.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Same. I'm a cheap sonofabitch when it comes to actually buying stuff in the game, so the location of the PokeMart in any given town matters very little to me. However, I can imagine this being of great benefit to a great many people, so I support the current arrangement wholeheartedly.

I rarely bought anything, most people seem to use the PokeMart for buying repels. Something I really didn't care about since I have no issue with grinding.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I love that they combined the two, even though I don't use the PokeMart often. Hopefully it stays for the third game as I'm already used to it. x]

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
    I'm glad they finally combined the PokéMarts and Pokémon Centers. It just makes sense to have both in one location and saves time. I hope they keep it this way in the 3rd game as well as any generation after this one.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I liked it because as everyone else says, it helps with picking up items adn healing your pokemon quicker. Very handy and smart, though when I saw it I was amazed because I never would've guessed them to do that.

flubbateios

How did you feel about the change? Boring, why do this? I just hate it how they dont keep it classic which is what I really enjoy seeing in new pokemon games

Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game? NONONONONONO, I really think they should make the games a little more classic

~flubb~

Back