• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Poké Marts in the Pokémon Centers

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    the first time i played i wondered in every town to find a pokemart and i couldnt find any. until i went into the pokecentre and saw the blue pokemart colours... id rather have it like in the 3rd gen

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    For convenience it's okay, but it kinda ruins the atmosphere of having two separate facilities. At least with the blue roofs the marts weren't a blatant rip-off of Red Roof Inn...

And it adds to the feeling that there's a monopoly in place if the same "big brother" organization controls both medical and shopping facilities...

Years
    I actually like it cos it now looks like the Pokemon Centers in the anime and also it looks modernized.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    I like how the Pokemon Center has small Poke Marts in them. It makes it faster. I would be annoyed if there was no department store, but there is that one near Opelucid. And I really like that department store because it was much easier to go from floor to floor, unlike the old ones.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    From a worldbuilding aspect having the Pokémarts in the Pokémon Centers makes a lot of sense.

It explains that the Pokémon centers make money by providing free medical care for Pokémon to make training Pokémon affordable, thus creating demand for Pokémon training accessories.

I'm annoyed there wasn't a department store or even a mall in Castelia City though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    How did you feel about the change?
    One of the best things that they did in my opinion. There have been a lot of cities that have the Pokemon Center at the beginning of the town/city and then the Pokemon Mart would be all the way at the end of the same town/city and that really annoyed me.

Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?
    Of course, keep it like that; it's a time saver

:t354:TG

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    Personally I don't realy care
    but it is nice having everying in the one location
    I hope it isn't in the Gen III remakes, that would kinda ruin it

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    How did you feel about the change? I dislike it a lot. It makes cities and towns smaller. And I miss seeing blue-roofed building.

Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?
    No. I would never want to see this again. After this generation I hope it goes back to the way it was.

Pawz

The PC Gamer
    Years
    I loved the idea, however, I would prefer them to only use it in newer generations, stick to the good old method for remakes of possibly generation 3.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    While it is very conveinient and easier for everyone, deep down I miss those Marts, with all their shelves and people to talk too. I wonder what they will do in the Hoenn remakes, combine them or keep it in the old style.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
    Being someone who plays Pokemon on and off I keep finding this hard to get used to xD I swear to god the amount of time I have spent looking for the Poke Marts is insane. I'll put down White for a bit and play me some Platinum or something only to pick white up a day later and have forgotten that the marts are in the Pokemon centers again.

Other than my memory loss however I like the change. If I could only get used to it then it would make things easier.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
    It was a great idea, because like everyone else said, I don't have to keep going in and out of Marts and Centers just to heal and stock up.

I still do miss all those people to talk to and the running around, panicking when my Pokes are poisoned :(

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It would make sense in small towns but in the cities I prefer them to have their own buildings. :(

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    I like how it was where the Marts and Centers where in different places, but the new system does make sense. :/

Back