• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: PokéCommunity Hack-off: Team 1

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    We're #1!
    This is the Team Hack-off thread, for Team #1, trenhoj accidentally made one, but we decided this thread will be the official one.
    At the moment, we've not discussed any details of what will occur in this hack, and what features it will have.
    But, with enough effort on all parts, updates shall flow in swiftly and soon.

Basic Idea!

You take the role of a young Looker, and take part in helping solve his first case, with his new buddy, Croagunk.
    As you go through your case, you'll encounter many different people, and find a large variety of clues.
    The goal of the game is to find all the clues, and find and arrest the true culprit.

Current Progress:

Young Looker Sprite:
    detective-looker-by-fatefulsprites-1235955.png

Mystery Island.
    map_by_sera_hs-d8jf4zq.png

Team #1:
    Bill Cipher - "Leader" Mapping, Scripting.
    trenhoj Scripting (?)
    Ruki Makino
    DyingWillFlareon Scripting (?)
    PoK3Matr1x

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Team:
    Bill Cipher: Organizer/Leader (left due to school)
    trenhoj: Characterization and People, Beta Tester
    PoK3Matr1x: Scripting(?) and Resorce inserting (left due to unable to get on)
    Ruki Maikno: Spriting (left due to losing all his data)
    DyingWillFlareon: Mapping and ideas, now a Scripter sorta

BETA 1 GOES FROM MISTOR TOWN TO THE MANOR
    http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g27ab099a7db48fd2999656808dc9d8a288f50a739
    Patch to FR 1.1 rom.
    This may get on the main Thread this week if we can't fix the scripts.

In This Version:
    *The new starter for now is a Level 10 Pikachu. I couldn't get YAPE to work this morning, so no Volt Tackle. He/She holds a Light Ball for hax.
    *There is still a weird bug in Pikachu's script when you click YES to nickname it. After clicking YES then going back, the script loops around back to "Would you like to guve PIKACHU a nickname?". We'd advise against nicknaming it, as this has not been tested just yet.
    *Many houses in Mistor Town have yet to be remapped. One even has no warp. ^^ The warp is still missing. Most other places are scripted lightly.
    *No one in the PokeCenter has had their scripts changed yet except one, the man at the table.
    *There are now low leveled Wild Encounters in Route 1 and Mistor Forest. Route 1 has three trainer battles. Mistor Forest has 2 trainer battles.
    *Talk to Nurse Joy. Really. I dare you. Without any Pokemon. 8D You can now get a Pokémon before the Park. PLEASE REALLY TALK TO NURSE JOY BEFORE LEAVING MISTOR TOWN IF YOU FAINT THE GAME FREEZES OTHERWISE
    *Eevee is temporarily gone from the Manor. (I think I added him back, maybe....)
    *The manor refuses to take any scripts. I only have 4 NPCs(on the battle dune) with scripts, only one or two work properly. There are also signs in the Manor first floor, but they work. The professor's script in the manor wouldn't work with me, so she doesn't move or say anything other than what she says the first time.
    *No, I didn't get the running shoes in yet. Just turn FF on or something if it's too slow. 3=)
    *Most scripts should be fine. No one in the Memorial Park should have any scripts when talked to.
    *Flare DOES show up multiple times to give you the Dex if you reenter a house or maps and come back. The Pikachu does not.
    *There are three hidden items!

Ah yiss the thread is up.
    Under my name for skills I could do mapping too, I'm better at that anyway. Are we adding storyline to the skills as well?

I see you accepted leader role Bill XD

Last edited:

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Hey team. We HAVE to get it started soon.

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Can we do a game about Looker?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Can we do a game about Looker?

WHY YES WE CAN

So what other ideas have we got so far? We can try to imcorporate everyone's ideas slightly. Like tren's idea about Team Rocket(didn't hear quite all of it) and a Battle Facility before postgame or have everything happen in a battle facility like Bill said, and we can involve Looker if no one wants to do the mystery idea and he can help the player because he'a cewl liek taht.

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Hey, can I edit the routes Pokemon?

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Skills: mapping, script in (WIP) and route Pokemon editing.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Skills: paying Bills I can place map tile already embedded into the system, but not inserting new tiles. I can also connect routes and warps, but most other events confuse me. Still learning scripting, but I'm 75% sure my XSE program is outdated or something, it has '---------- lines instead of #dynamic 0x800000 like tutorials have..... I like coming up with multiple scenarios for stories, but I'm not too good at starting off/thinking of new features. However I am great at research, so cameos, history lessons, or long awaited for fan theories and such could be expected for me to piece together. ;3
    Speaking of which can we add SOME sort of comedy? So far almost everyone likes the mystery idea it seems and if we go that route I hope it wouldn't be too serious, although I understand it might need to be. Just a joke or reference here and there at least to lighten the mood.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Ideally, we'd all need proof of what we can do, then judging the proof we all show, we all need to decide which of us is best at what.

And, I'm all on board for the Looker Mystery.
    But, as for Team Rocket collecting as many legendaries they can find, seems a bit meh.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I can post a pic of a New Bark map I made in Emerald using Emerald tiles. I also have Cherrygrove and Route 29 looks kinda funny but that's because it's a mix between GSC Rt 29 and HGSS Rt 29. The only problem with it is Prof's Lab glitches out when you leave the map, but I'm working on it.
    Also I though why not make it a detective 'school'? That way the main character can have some long standing rivals, not just someone who randomly came up to show you up at solving the crime. Plus we could all have cameos as students. :D
    Another idea: O thought maybe it could take place around a battle facility and the bad guy could be trying to sacrifice the people and pokemon he kidnapped(so they haven't actually died yet) to a Pokemon, maybe Girantina if we wanted to add that in. Really dark but it could work, sorta incorporates tren's Team Rocket idea in with a new bad team since Rocket is kind of worn out.

I mean like, everyone beloeves the kidnapped people and Pokemon are dead because according to the notes the criminal left they are, but in reality they've just been kidnapped as a summon for Giratina. We definately don't have to do this is we don't want a dark storyline, but if that's what we want this is a suggestion.

Sorry about quality my brother was getting on the laptop so I had to hurry:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Hey, I was wondering if I could map a little with help from Flareon?

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    If you're doing the whole Looker thing, then his pokémon is a crogunk.
    As for features, we can try add some, we just need to be able to implement them, if anyone knows how.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • ^Wait, are we playing as a young Looker?? I thought we were just going to have the pc be a random student but if it's young Looker that's an even better idea!

ANYWAYS WE NEED TO GET ON WITH IT, I understand we have to wait for PoK3Matr1x and Ruki but we at least need to start. We need to have someone make/look for sprites for the characters(with permission from the creator/s of course), someone start some map designs and post pics to see if everyone likes them, someone to sketch up the basic storyline so we can add to it, and decide on everything together.

Storyline: (I've actually sent a PM with what I think should be in the story, no spoielrs here though)
    Spriter:
    Mapper:

Scripting can come once wenve got some maps and story done. Spriting doesn't nessicarily need to be done right now, it would just be nice to have the characters done soon.

Also is it going to be in Kanto? Sinnoh? A completely new region?

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • If you're doing the whole Looker thing, then his pokémon is a crogunk.
    As for features, we can try add some, we just need to be able to implement them, if anyone knows how.

Hey Bill you should update the OP I think. Like putting the basic idea of the hack and such, so people know we're actually doing things. :P

Also anyone have ideas for the NAME?..... Stuff like 'Pretty Purple' etc are overused, but there are also names that don't sound like Pokemon Games, like I dunno 'The adventures of this or that' or something. We just need something simple. This part is NOT my strong point lol.

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    How about: Pokemon Looker Mysteries

Back