• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: PokéCommunity Hack-off: Team 1

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Its coming along great but can we finish it by Tuesday?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Perhaps.

LEMME UPDATE FOR 1.2 VERSION
    -I have successfully changed Eevee to Pikachu. This has cery little to do with the hack though, because we will insert Croagunk later. He/She is level 5.
    -I have successfully changed it so the Pokeball disappears after you take Pikachu. The POKEMON tab in the start menu shows up now as well.
    -The Route 1 tile glitches have been fixed.
    -I am working on giving out the PokeDex, but the character doesn't fully disappear. She sits there, disappears, then comes back. Must fix this before next update.
    -The main school room is mostly mapped and has some scripting
    There were Missingno. in Route 1 and Mistor Forest. This has been temporarily fixed by Zubat. :P

What I am currently trying to fix:
    -For some reason the PokeMart employee's script was messed up, I fixed it.
    -In the next alpha/beta, be careful with Pikachu. I somehow made it so that after nicknaming it the script will recall it. Like this:
    Spoiler:

For some reason this doesn't happen if you say no, and there is no other Pikachu in BOX 1.....
    -Running Shows will be in your room.
    -There should be simple story aspects.
    -After you get PIKACHU, go heal at the Center with Nurse Joy, otherwise when you faint in the world the game freezes.
    -Pikachu will have a Light Ball and Volt Tackle. XD

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Ok so I've been trying to get the first clue done as soon as possible but I have to get to sleep soon I have no idea if this means we will be disqualified or not, seeing as it was stated there will be 24 hours after someone adds their patch to the main thread today and no one has done that yet.
    Anyhow, new IPS. Yes 1.2 was up, but now here's 1.3 with some fixes, including:
    • Flare disappears after giving you the Dex!
    • There is a second floor to the university now!(be careful with the elevator btw)
    • There is an NPC in the Girls' Dorm now!
    • Pikachu is holding a Light Ball!
    • Trainer Battles in Route 1 and Mistor Forest!
    • See what the Park will look like when it's finished!(no scripts yet just overworld sprites)

Like I said, there is not a first clue event yet, so sorry about that. I'll try and hurry with it tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • New IPS Version 1.4.2!
    After tren informed me the ips would not patch realized I used an already patched before rom with it, my apologies. The new 1.4.2 has the proper patch now.
    Very little to update on, other than NPCs in the Manor(without scripts) and some new mapping in the classroom. However I screwed up a couple scripts(professor and desk lady) and forgot to fix them before posting, sorry again, working on that.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • BETA 1 IS UP.

Although it doesn't have any 'badges' yet, I just didn't implement them yet. As most of the scripting needed is storyline and such, we would need more help for that. I could have inserted the clue in, but ran out of time for that lately. But believe me, the first clue was supposed to be around that area.

Back