• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Well I agree with Forever, it should not be a winter theme for the reasons she stated.

Also I think we should keep it an Xmas get together and have the new year after. If people don't wan to participate because of religious beliefs then fine, but Xmas is the most celebrated and widely known religious holiday, so it should definitely be celebrated here. And there is the New Year one next :) (and I have muslim friends who celebrate Xmas)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I already pointed that out, but i want this to have a pokemon theme too.

Themes are usually decided the by Hosts. Probably because this is a Holiday themed one it would be more than Just pokemon

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    If you've got enough hosts, for the 'Joy to Photoshop event', I wouldn't mind judging; I'd have plenty of time, so why not do something productive?

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Oh. I didn't see that. =x
    Well, if she becomes host, I'll be a judge. (Uhh, or I'll ask her if I can be a judge.)
    I wouldn't mind co-hosting with you if I do become a host. It's gonna be a long event and I doubt I could do a decent job all on my own. :x It might be fun, we haven't really gotten to know each other past hello. xD

Also, on the topic of the name...
    Why not just call it the 2010 Holiday Carousel? Or something similar, it doesn't have to include the "carousel" bit. I think we can all agree that no matter where you live, we'll all be celebrating something at this time of year, even if it is just New Year's. "Holiday" just sounds a bit more cheerful than simply "end-of-year."

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A fun game would be to have a cyber gift exchange. We could all find pics of presents and have a pretend gift exchange.

Also, a few TinyChat rooms would be nice.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I'd like to organize a different Pokémon crossword puzzle event. It will be based on officially translated materials, so BW and anime will be kept to a minimum. If someone can sponsor prizes, I don't see why it can't be a competition.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • The Christmas Sprite Edit Competition
    All you have to do to enter is to edit a sprite to make it Christmas themed! It can be anything from a Pikachu wearing a Santa Hat to an Arceus disguised as Rudolph! Of course, you have to actually edit the sprite, not just recolour it. Recolouring is allowed, but only if the sprite is edited too. You can use any offical Pokemon sprite at all, from R/B to B/W! Just make it Christmas themed, m'kay?

If this event is accepted, I would like to host it! :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd like to organize a different Pokémon crossword puzzle event. It will be based on officially translated materials, so BW and anime will be kept to a minimum. If someone can sponsor prizes, I don't see why it can't be a competition.

B/W being kept to a minimum is good, considering B/W's crossword. XD
    The Christmas Sprite Edit Competition
    All you have to do to enter is to edit a sprite to make it Christmas themed! It can be anything from a Pikachu wearing a Santa Hat to an Arceus disguised as Rudolph! Of course, you have to actually edit the sprite, not just recolour it. Recolouring is allowed, but only if the sprite is edited too. You can use any offical Pokemon sprite at all, from R/B to B/W! Just make it Christmas themed, m'kay?

If this event is accepted, I would like to host it! :D

Well, for Christmas in Unova, for the main competition (haven't mentioned this yet, but might as well), we're having the choice of users submitting a story, a drawing, a poem or pixel art of the B/W Pokemon. So... well, since it's covered by B/W's competition, maybe not include B/W in your sprite one? :x

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • B/W being kept to a minimum is good, considering B/W's crossword. XD

Well, for Christmas in Unova, for the main competition (haven't mentioned this yet, but might as well), we're having the choice of users submitting a story, a drawing, a poem or pixel art of the B/W Pokemon. So... well, since it's covered by B/W's competition, maybe not include B/W in your sprite one? :x
    Now that you mention the similarities to Christmas In Unova, I'll just limit it to Generation I-IV sprites.

The (new version of) Christmas Sprite Edit Competition
    All you have to do to enter is to edit a sprite to make it Christmas themed! It can be anything from a Pikachu wearing a Santa Hat to an Arceus disguised as Rudolph! Of course, you have to actually edit the sprite, not just recolour it. Recolouring is allowed, but only if the sprite is edited too. You can use any offical Pokemon sprite at all, from R/B to HG/SS! Just make it Christmas themed, m'kay?

So, thoughts?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My apologies for this being so fickle over the past month. I know how frustrating it can be for some of you. Due to how sensitive a topic Christmas can be for some of the members, it's been decided to focus the event towards New Years Eve. That said, the event now starts on the 29th of December until the 2nd of January. Really it's the 1st, but the 2nd is the date that we expect all of the results to be posted and we'll prepare to give out the rewards.

Those of you who have an event primarily focused on Christmas, and would like to host your topics somewhere around the boards, feel free as long as you get the specific moderator's consensus of approval for doing so before you take the bull by the horns. Post here if you suggested an event and it was accepted with what you plan to do with it. Description changes are appreciated and much desired. If you have any questions, comments, or concerned, please direct them to Hiiro or myself.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Please have the new titles / descriptions for the current list of events by the end of the day and Nick and I will have it fixed for you. If you don't come up with anything, then we'll create a new name for it instead as it's not a big deal if you can come up with one or not.

Also, we'll have new hosts and co-hosts up by noon EST.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, my event needs its description changed:

Santa WHO?

Are you a fan of trivia? You think you have what it takes to answer all your favorite Holidays questions? Then exercise your mind and hands to answer as many questions as possible in this fun trivia event! The event will be hosted in a specialized IRC channel. I hope you asked for a shiny, red buzzer this Christmas, because you'll be needing it!

Also, still needing a Co-host. Responsibility will be to take backup score and support order of submitted answers as well as be responsible enough to kick/ban problem participants.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    OPEN CO-HOSTING POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

So, we finished the quest to find the proper hosts... almost. We need a few more co-hosts. Just to note, there are no difference between co-hosts and hosts in this event. Everyone is considered a co-host to their corresponding events as per the definition of a co-host. Everyone is of equal value to the event they host and the event that's bringing it all together as a whole. We have a few open positions for cohosts, however, that we need to fill by the 19th, when this thread will be closed.

OPEN POSITIONS
    - Trivia Event with AdvancedK47 [NONE]
    - Singing event [2 open positions]
    - AMV contest with Pachy [NONE]
    - Pokémon Themed carol writing with Kipp [1 open position]
    - Graphics event [2 open positions]
    - New Year Sprite Edit Competition with dragonite149 [NONE]

All requested positions pend a "background" check to see if you are fit with running a contest with someone and cooperate well with others. Current "co-"hosts? Want to suggest someone to help you co-host the event? PM Hiiro or myself!

Reminder to current co-hosts/hosts: Descriptions are needed by the end of the day, otherwise we'll be changing them with our own creative craniums! n__n

Also know that if you still have an idea, feel free to post it! Remember, it's strictly a New Years event now.

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • If I'm supposed to post this here...

The New Year Sprite Edit Competition
    All you have to do to enter is to edit a sprite to make it Christmas themed! It can be anything from a Moltres with firework sparkles on it's wings instead of the usual fire, to a Salamence disguised as a Chinese New Year Dragon! Recolouring is allowed, you are editing the sprite if you are recolouring it! You can use any offical Pokemon sprite at all, from R/B to HG/SS! Just make it New Year themed, m'kay?

So, event accepted?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Event accepted! If you would like to recommend someone to help you cohost the event, sent one of us a PM and we'll see if we can make that happen. Otherwise, this'll be going in the open positions post with the rest of them. n__n

Years
  • I don't mind co-hosting the AMV contest, since I know a lot about actual video and sound editing, since I have been paid to do it for some local bands.

Also, here is the photography description.

New Years Capture Photography Contest
    Look at all these parties going on, time to take some pictures! This year, the photography contest will have 3 rounds with different, festive topics for each. The contest will be judged by choosing the best 6 pictures from the first round, then the best 3 from the second round and then choosing a winner from the third round.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I don't mind co-hosting the AMV contest, since I know a lot about actual video and sound editing, since I have been paid to do it for some local bands.
    With the effort you've done to make this entire event possible, and seeing as you know much about AMV, then you're accepted. That leaves the AMV Contest positions filled. Also, in case anyone was wondering, for all those who are organizing any events you will be placed as an Event Organizers as soon as this thread is closed on the 19th.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • I wouldn't mine co-hosting the New Year Sprite Edit Competition, if dragonite doesn't mind.

and I'm also waiting on mine and Curious' event to be approved

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Surely! Consider dragonite149 and yourself partners, partner! :]

Unfortunately, the costume idea didn't pass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back