• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • ... you realise now that, no matter what happens, the ENTIRE next series will consist of the Doctor travelling the universe in search of a fez?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well... good. He may accidentally find out what the silence is along the way, but only because he is looking for a fez shop. This series will be the be the best yet.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Yes, the Doctor will travel to the planet Fezzoon where the inhabitants are all walking, talking fezzes. He will avert a crisis (the neighbouring planet, Top Hattia, will declare war on Fezzoon), and then will be rewarded with a fez which he then imbues with the heart of the TARDIS - every time it's destroyed, it comes back. :D

Kon~

Years
  • Nice! Bad Wolfez!

I've just been in the TSG, me and zuruskii spamming Who references and asking TSG if they know what cybermen and daleks are, and then tutting in shame. Fun night! :D

Years
  • Yes, the Doctor will travel to the planet Fezzoon where the inhabitants are all walking, talking fezzes. He will avert a crisis (the neighbouring planet, Top Hattia, will declare war on Fezzoon), and then will be rewarded with a fez which he then imbues with the heart of the TARDIS - every time it's destroyed, it comes back. :D

I thought it was gonna be the planet Fezón.

Oh, and, by the way, the person on Confidential who said that if they let Matt keep the Fez he would literally live in it was Beth Willis, one of the Executive Producers.

Also yay for Who signature.

Kon~

Years
  • I thought it was gonna be the planet Fezón.

Oh, and, by the way, the person on Confidential who said that if they let Matt keep the Fez he would literally live in it was Beth Willis, one of the Executive Producers.

Also yay for Who signature.

... I need a fez theme now. :D

On a completely, utterly random and unrelated change of subject, did anyone read the Eighth Doctor Adventures books? I have a couple, and they're interesting for me, as someone who never saw the original series, only the revived series. I own 'Grimm Reality', which I find to be really rather... random and unstructured, and I didn't enjoy, and 'The Year of Intelligent Tigers'.

Now that's something different.

You won't find much about it on TARDIS wiki, because I've checked and the articles are the same ones I wrote five years ago after reading the book, and can't be bothered to update from one-liners to comprehensive reading. Basically, the island colony of Hitchemus has two dominant races; humans and tigers. The tigers are not earth-tigers; these are reptilian in essence, and tridigital, but appear almost exactly like regular tigers. The tigers grow in cycles of smart tigers, dumb tigers, smart, dumb and so on, and smart tigers have access to a special area that teaches them what they need to advance their learning. But when the weather starts to go out of control, and the tigers storm the city, and the humans try to revolt, the Doctor is stuck in the middle of it all, trying to decide if this time, he's on the side of the humans.

It really is the greatest adventure I've read; even the tenth and eleven Doctors haven't done anything like this.

I'm only saying this because I'm reading it right now and realised the potential for fanfic. :D

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • OMG I WATCHED THE PANDORICA OPENS YESTERDAY AND HOLY CRAP WHAT A PLOT TWIST THAT WAS AWESOME.

There was this thing which I thought was a Crowning Moment of Awesome, until I realised it was the other way around where instead of the Doctor's epic thing where he "scares off" the aliens being one for him, it was one for the alien alliance. :O

I can't wait another weeeeeek!

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I don't read books that much. D: (Short attention span ftl.) But it sounds cool. 83

@ Ninja Caterpie: I won't give away too much, but The Big Bang has a few surprises that'll make you go: "ZOMG. 8D"

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • i know.

half of those were spoiled by you guys, fez-heads.

You know what would be awesome? The Doctor right now has, what, two or three regenerations left, right? Two if you count Journey's End as a regeneration, three if not. Anyway, it would be awesome if, in his last regeneration, he was a really young guy who just ran around the Universe doing crazy stuff because he could, then getting himself killed after half a season.

And then, he regenerates and goes "wtf was that".

...or, which is more likely and more lame, they reincorporate the Time Lords of old and make them do something that gives the Doctor more regenerations. I'm pretty sure they can do that...according to Wiki. :D

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    i know.

half of those were spoiled by you guys, fez-heads.

You know what would be awesome? The Doctor right now has, what, two or three regenerations left, right? Two if you count Journey's End as a regeneration, three if not. Anyway, it would be awesome if, in his last regeneration, he was a really young guy who just ran around the Universe doing crazy stuff because he could, then getting himself killed after half a season.

And then, he regenerates and goes "wtf was that".

...or, which is more likely and more lame, they reincorporate the Time Lords of old and make them do something that gives the Doctor more regenerations. I'm pretty sure they can do that...according to Wiki. :D

Despite the fact this episode would be 2-3 years in the future, I'm already predicting a Master episode. I would eat all my shoes if the episode where the 13th Doctor dies doesn't have The Master as the villain.

Kon~

Years
  • I don't count the meta-crisis as a regeneration because it was never completed. The remnant of DNA that managed to absorb the regenerative energy prevented that regeneration from ever happening. Otherwise, this guy would be number 12. o.o''

Doctor #13 may have the pleasure of dealing with the Valeyard. For those who don't know, the Valeyard is the entity of complete evil that is/was created from the darkness in the Doctor's mind between his twelfth and final incarnations. We got a snippet of who might be the Valeyard with 'the Dream Lord', as the ending to that episode seemed to specify that the Dream Lord was a part of the Doctor himself, albeit a scheming, malevolant part that may eventually manifest itself in the form of one monsiur Valeyard. :D

And anyway, the Master is coming back. I don't care what they say. If they finish DW without bringing the Master back, it would be wasted time. Of course he's coming back. What would the Doctor be without the Master? I seriously love the deep, meaningful relation they have with each other - even when in the midst of bitter rivalry, they respect one another; they love one another. And I'm not talking about my own twisted TenxSimm!Master fetish.

Seriously. How many times do I want to say 'seriously'?! I always seem to do it. Seriously. Oh wait, I didn't say it that much this time. I always seem to do it elsewhere.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    On a completely, utterly random and unrelated change of subject, did anyone read the Eighth Doctor Adventures books? I have a couple, and they're interesting for me, as someone who never saw the original series, only the revived series. I own 'Grimm Reality', which I find to be really rather... random and unstructured, and I didn't enjoy, and 'The Year of Intelligent Tigers'.

My dad has lots of the old Doctor Who books. He is the biggest geek ever I think. I have not read any but I know he has the original version of Human Nature before it got adapted into the TV episodes.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • The Fourteenth Doctor, isn't it? 'cos don't they get 13 regenerations? Or do they only get 13 incarnations? Regenerations means that the First doesn't count, incarnations counts the first as one.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    The Fourteenth Doctor, isn't it? 'cos don't they get 13 regenerations? Or do they only get 13 incarnations? Regenerations means that the First doesn't count, incarnations counts the first as one.

Incarnation. I think they referred to it as 13 lives or something during classicWho

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yes, yes, incarnations. I just reread the entire page on Regeneration (Doctor Who) on Wikipedia. The Doc's regenerations have been pretty...bad.

I wonder if they'll make one where he doesn't die, but wants to regenerate instead. =|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back