• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
  • Excuse me, Miss Pond, would you kindly refrain from molesting my hero? D 8

[[Post contains spoilers]]

So, what did you lot think of the latest couple of episodes? As I've said many a time before, the Weeping Angels scare me witless. I don't plan on rewatching The Time of Angels again, but heck did I love Flesh and Stone. I mean, wow. It wasn't as scary as I thought it might be (although it was still very scary) and it was all done very cleverly. The character interaction throughout was great, and much love to Father Angelo. What a brave man.
    River Song was, as always, amazing, and I really loved the storyline of the whole thing. Much love to Treeborgs (and Sacred Bob, of course).

That which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel. Those words, and that scene, will haunt me for the rest of my liiife ;___;
    On the other hand, AMY WAS CLEVER. When I watched Blink, three years ago, I was thinking to myself WHY DON'T THEY CLOSE ONE EYE SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO BLINK BUT THEIR EYES WON'T DRY OUT??!!???!? and then Amy blinked one eye so she could keep watching the angel. I mean... Finally. Much love to the girl.

On a different note, has anyone seen the Halifax advert with the guy who played Larry from Blink in? His exasperated yet amused smile at the end there makes my heart melt... ~ ♥

AHEM.
    Part of me loved that we saw the Angels move, and part of me wishes they hadn't still been stone. Part of me wonders why they weren't covering their eyes when Ten clearly said in Blink that they had to for fear of accidentally looking at each other. Opinions?

And then BAM. Last scene. Excuse me, Miss Pond!
    Part of me was like WTFBBQ!?!? but another part of me was like You go, girl!
    Dear old Mr Moffat doesn't care who he offends, huh? Perhaps a little saucy for a family show? In any case, I saw it coming even if the Doctor didn't. I like the new dynamic and I respect Amy for taking the plunge where Martha didn't, even if I don't entirely approve of her methods. XD

Haven't posted here since the new series started. I like Eleven. Part of me misses Ten (of course), but I found it much easier to get used to Eleven than I did to get used to Ten when DT first appeared. He's cool. = 3

So, yeah. My short-ish views on The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone. Discuss them with me nao. : 3
    xX

And hey, do we all have to be Timelords? Couldn't I be an Ood like Ood Sigma's lover? *brick'd*

Last edited:

Garland

Rouge troll.
    Years
  • i can haz join?

Does anyone here like Tom Baker? His style of acting was absolutely brilliant.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    You can tell that Angel Bob wanted those comfy chairs...

I had a haircut called an angel bob once.

Last edited:

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • People used to say to me that I should watch Blink again so I'd get used to it, and I'd be like 'no waaaay! Immersion therapy = fail, and I'll just get more nightmares' but actually I'm not quite as scared of the Weeping Angels anymore. Since watching Flesh and Stone I've not had any nightmares. I used to have Weeping Angel nightmares all the time. ;__;

I totally agree that Eleven and Amy make such a great DW pair. I just wanna hug them both for being so super awesome.

Vampires in Venice = Awesome. But is the Doctor interrupting Rory's stag night to get him to go to Venice? XD

i can haz join?

Does anyone here like Tom Baker? His style of acting was absolutely brilliant.

Tom Baker was my first Doctor. I loved Four to pieces, I really did. The huge scarf and the huge grin and the jelly babies and AAAH! I first got into Doctor Who primarily because my parents liked it, but because I used to watch the reruns sometimes, and Four was the Doctor in them. Then I started to watch the new series and Nine became my official first Doctor, but yeah... Tom Baker's Doctor is love. : 3

... I don't want to creep anyone out or anything, but wasn't the Maze of the Dead absolutely chocabloc with Angels? I didn't think that many actually fell into the time energy...

xX

Garland

Rouge troll.
    Years
  • People used to say to me that I should watch Blink again so I'd get used to it, and I'd be like 'no waaaay! Immersion therapy = fail, and I'll just get more nightmares' but actually I'm not quite as scared of the Weeping Angels anymore. Since watching Flesh and Stone I've not had any nightmares. I used to have Weeping Angel nightmares all the time. ;__;

I totally agree that Eleven and Amy make such a great DW pair. I just wanna hug them both for being so super awesome.

Vampires in Venice = Awesome. But is the Doctor interrupting Rory's stag night to get him to go to Venice? XD

Tom Baker was my first Doctor. I loved Four to pieces, I really did. The huge scarf and the huge grin and the jelly babies and AAAH! I first got into Doctor Who primarily because my parents liked it, but because I used to watch the reruns sometimes, and Four was the Doctor in them. Then I started to watch the new series and Nine became my official first Doctor, but yeah... Tom Baker's Doctor is love. : 3

... I don't want to creep anyone out or anything, but wasn't the Maze of the Dead absolutely chocabloc with Angels? I didn't think that many actually fell into the time energy...

xX

Tom Baker was mine as well, and he's still my favourite. I think Matt Smith and Karen Gillan make a good pair, they compliment each other so well. I really like Amy, she's my favourite assistant out of everyone I've seen, easily. She a good actress and she can build up suspense very well.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Amy is definitely one of my favourites, but I have to say the 'save someone' line from Donna in The Fires of Pompeii still gets me every time. It's definitely between Donna and Amy for me, then Sarah Jane. Awesome gal. : 3

xX

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • What did everyone think of last week's episode, then?

For me it lacked the tension and excitement I was so used to. I remember one of the first things I thought when we saw Joe and his son was "Don't tell me they're going to eat the boy's daddy" and what did they do minutes later? ATE THE BOY'S DADDY.

The fact that he was dissected (sp?) was kinda cool though, if a little creepy.

I'm just looking forward to the Romans later on in the series. <3 <3 <3
    xX

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Did you just SEE that?! What an ending! What an EPISODE!

I don't want to spoil it for non-Brits...
    Spoiler:

I could say so much more regarding the episode, but there's a real chance I will ruin it for someone... so I won't!

Next episode - Vincent van Gogh! How interesting!

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I know what you mean about that episode! Whatever I was expecting, it certainly wasn't that.

That ending! O__O

Don't open this spoiler unless you've seen the episode 'Cold Blood', okay? : 3
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Next week's looks interesting. Finally, a proper MONSTER! I think we've had humanoid aliens and reptiles and fish and stuff like that for far too long. A big, proper, furry monster is long overdue.
    xX

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Never saw this before... I'd very much like to join this fine institution. Why? Because Doctor Who got me to buy a bowtie.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    My friend sent me a link to this picture and I kind of wish he hadn't because there are lots of spoilery things in it. I think the picture is from one of the last two episodes and it makes me think they will probably be very good episodes.

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ooooooo! A Doctor Who Fanclub!!! I wanna join!!! Im a big fan! Yay exclamation marks (and doctor who lol) !!!

Any see the newest one with vincent van gogh (however its spelt)? I didn't really enjoy it too much... wasn't enough action... well for me lol

Can't wait for the next episode! James cordens gonna be in it for those of you who don't know hes one of the creators of gavin and stacey, and he plays smithy! He says I love you to the doctor in the preview LOL.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • My friend sent me a link to this picture and I kind of wish he hadn't because there are lots of spoilery things in it. I think the picture is from one of the last two episodes and it makes me think they will probably be very good episodes.

Spoiler:

Is it my imagination or is that thing on the right...
    Spoiler:

And RE: Vincent and the Doctor:
    Spoiler:

Seriously, I'm putting that in my favourite episodes. Granted that list is long, but it's up there with Midnight, The Girl in the Fireplace and Blink. :)

Last edited:

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • While I loved the episode for all of the same reasons as Kon~ mentioned, I was a little disappointed with
    Spoiler:

Is this how time moves normally? Reeeaaally sloowly... And in the right order...
    I loved that line. One of my favourite quotes, definitely. : 3

I found it a pretty good episode if only for the amazing character interaction. Very moving.

The next episode does look quite interesting. Flashy lights from upstairs! Oooh!
    xX

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I think it's about time I stopped procrastinating and asked to join the club ^.^

So, is everybody excited for the finale? I know I am. It's the first I've been excited for since the Ninth Doctor's Bad Wolf arc :> This season has been so interesting, and I can't wait to see how it's all going to be resolved! Hopefully not with a surprise!regeneration >:

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I wouldn't like a surprise regeneration (Or near-Regeneration) so soon after Series 4 >.>

But yeah - VERY excited for the finale - Silence will fall :3

Also - You are win for having a Sixth Doctor profile! He's my 2nd favourite Classic Doc!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back