• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
  • I am super super excited for the finale too. Romans, Romans, RomansRomansROMANS!!

How did everyone find Saturday's episode? I thought it was good. Doctor being very Doctor-ish. Plus Amy found the ring : O

I'll be really upset if they regenerate Eleven after just one series. He's such an amazing guy. : 3
    xX

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I'm glad they're both staying on for another series, especially because I just can't see them being able to finish with Amy in two episodes. I don't mean kill her - I mean that I think the character has so much more to give. I can't see her as a one-series companion. Then again, I had the same feeling with Donna - which, I suppose, was why they needed to have such a fitting and tearjerking end for her travels with Ten. I just can't imagine that they'd be rid of Amy after one series, you know? Donna went through huge character development, but I feel that even though Amy has had development, she's still getting started. Do you know what I mean?

xX

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Also - You are win for having a Sixth Doctor profile! He's my 2nd favourite Classic Doc!

Hey, brilliant! You don't often run into someone who actually likes the Sixth Doctor :3 Who's your first favourite Classic!Doctor? Mine would be the Second, because he is adorkable.

Also, I hope Amy stays on so much! I agree with Ood, she has so much more to give to the series. And her dynamic with Eleven is so powerful and great to watch. *crosses fingers*

Speaking of Romans, my mum was quite annoyed - she works for English Heritage, who have the visitation rights to Stonehenge, and she and her team-mates were all "why didn't they tell us the Doctor was going there?!" lmao.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • XD If I worked for English Heritage and knew that the Doctor and ROMANS would be at Stonehenge I would have been there in a flash. Was it actually filmed at Stonehenge, then?

Ah, Classic!Doctors. I profess myself unable to actually choose a favourite because I've actually had a very poor sampling. When as a young child I watched the Classic Series before it was redone in 2005, it was always Tom Baker. Tom Baker and his long scarf. : 3
    Then I watched him as the loony professor in Fort Boyard. Oh, how times have changed...

xX

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • XD If I worked for English Heritage and knew that the Doctor and ROMANS would be at Stonehenge I would have been there in a flash. Was it actually filmed at Stonehenge, then?

Ah, Classic!Doctors. I profess myself unable to actually choose a favourite because I've actually had a very poor sampling. When as a young child I watched the Classic Series before it was redone in 2005, it was always Tom Baker. Tom Baker and his long scarf. : 3
    Then I watched him as the loony professor in Fort Boyard. Oh, how times have changed...

xX

I guess it was - on the short clip in the preview it didn't look like it was CGI'd in, and I can imagine somebody like Moffat being extremely certain about actually filming on location :D He seems to like that genuine effect.

I've only seen four Fourth Doctor arcs, because my favourites are Two and Six, and I watch a lot of Five for poor Nyssa and Adric. But I do absolutely adore City of Death, which was written by Douglas Adams and was basically novelised in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Such a clever story! And it had Brains from Thunderbirds in there too, as the scientist. XD

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I've only seen one full Fourth Doctor arc - the 'Master returns/Doctor Regenerates' arc as I like to refer it to - or the 'New Beginnings' trilogy as my boxset likes to call it.

My favourite Classic Doctor is the Fifth Doctor - I liked him instantly from his debut.

'That's the trouble with regeneration... You never quite know what you're going to get!' Bless him!

I've yet to watch a full Second Doctor ep (Well, it depends if The Five Doctors count here or not XD) - Though The War Games and Tomb of the Cybermen look good.

1 hour 20 minutes till The Pandorica Opens!

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    THERE'S A FAN CLUB?!! :cer_disbelief: Where have I been all this time? I must join! Oh please oh please let me in on all the fun!

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • EEEEEEE!
    Forget the Tardis; my mind just exploded!

Wow, what an episode!
    I can't be bothered with spoiler tags, so I'll just ask this:

How is the Doctor going to get out of this one?
    = O

I was hopping around my house screaming after that episode finished. XD
    xX

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Gahh, The Pandorica Opens was amazing! Seriously, I was actually looking at the clock every now and then hoping that it wouldn't get to 7:30 so the episode ended! XD

So many unanswered questions now...

Spoiler:

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • My jaw quite literally dropped towards the end.

Next Saturday is going to take ages to get here!

Spoiler:

That ending put a lump in my throat that I never felt since the first time I saw the End of Time Part 2's ending. It's still on my mind right now.

The mother of all cliffhangers! Took my heart a good 10mins to stop pumping after those credits rolled...

Brilliant episode!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    "Silence will fall...!" Does anyone else besides me think that sounds like Davros? Maybe, maybe not..

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • That's the one thing that's bothered me a little this series, I haven't been as impatient to see the next episode, even during the two-parters. I remember watching Human Nature and being extremely desperate to see how that concluded, along with The Stolen Earth and Silence in the Library. This time around I've been okay. XD; Even with The Pandorica Opens.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • The voice is certainly very reminsicent of something, but I wonder if that's not just our minds working too hard.
    I rewatched it today and I'm still jumping out of my seat with anticipation. I just don't know how this one's going to work out!

I'm going to miss it next Saturday! I think I might be able to see half of it, but I've got an activity starting at 7:00 and I doubt that I'll see the end... So I'll have to wait until the repeat on Sunday evening, and I bet everyone will spoil it for me.

Spoiler:

Who else loves River's lipstick? : 3
    xX

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I did have a little weepy after this episode due to, y'know... the sheer amount of bad stuff being piled upon us. But surely the Doctor is not the blame. They blame "the Doctor in the TARDIS" - as has been said many times during the series.

The Doctor is not in the TARDIS.

Someone else is.

Spoiler:

So who REALLY will bring about the end of all time? Who will REALLY cause the destruction of the universe? Who is REALLY to blame?

Or am I just overthinking things? :3

Is it my imagination or is that thing on the right...
    Spoiler:

Never mind. It was a Hoix. XD

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Did anyone else notice the minor but annoying-for-Whovians mistake Rive MAY have made during this last episode?

She mentioned that the Slitheen were coming. I was under the impression that the Slitheen were never to appear again, due to them being not a species but a family within the species, like the Blathereen who appeared in Sarah Jane Adventures. Surely River should have used the proper name for the species, being Raxacoricofallapatorian? (I hope I spelled that right >.>)

Also, on a side note (and not so much a question/answer as an observation), Autons! They're Autons! Autons, from the very first new series episode, Rose!! Autons! :D :D :D

And the Nestene Conciousness, which was mentioned but not seen, uses something round to transmit from... STONEHENGE, ANYONE?!?!

They're gonna need a whole lot of Anti-plastic!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back