• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Hmm what a good idea. Hey, Charlie! Why don't you go and sell Acanthite???

Acanthite rulz. :D

If he tried to release the game on his own it would violate so many copyright laws that he would spend a good part of his life in prison. Even if Nintendo decided to buy the rights to the game outright I do not think they would pay much for it.

This game looks fantastic, but I really would rather just see it released as a fan game. It will be much better that way for everybody.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • I can't beleve that it took me so long to recognise that there's such a great hack(@ post below: oh sry, I knew it's a game but I wrote hack xD Lol I was used to that) out here!
    I just looked at ALL the Fakemons in the first post without breaks, I just couldn't stop xD
    I can only say, it's great efford behind all this and if u had banners I would put all of them into my sig :cool:

Good luck with your Exams, I'm sure you will show them what u can ^^

And the forecast of the demo is really great, my birthday is in august xD
    (doesn't matter if it takes longer, though).

Last edited:

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
  • I still love this project.
    And I still love you, Fangking. :)
    Goodluck in exams.
    Can't wait for updates this summer!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    If he tried to release the game on his own it would violate so many copyright laws that he would spend a good part of his life in prison. Even if Nintendo decided to buy the rights to the game outright I do not think they would pay much for it.

This game looks fantastic, but I really would rather just see it released as a fan game. It will be much better that way for everybody.

I was being sarcastic.....

Years
  • I was being sarcastic.....

This is taken from Dicitonary.com
    American Heritage Dictionary
    sar·casm (sär'kāz'əm) Pronunciation Key
    n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit.

Sarcasm is usually used at the expense of others. Most commonly used to ridicule someone. Therefore from what you are saying is you do not feel this game is good, and wish to hurt the creators feelings?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm ending this little skirmish now, if either of you post about Matt's "Sarcasm", you'll be reported for spam.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    The pictures for this hack are outstanding.

I also like the incorporation of Missingno and the Kangaskhan pre-evo.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I'm less talented than the spriters who I work with ;) It's a team effort, this. Some excellent sprites in the pipeline from KangasKid at the moment!

Just a point for certain posters, discussing hacks in this part of the forum is against the rules outlined by Avatar, so I suggest you go and have a read of them in Games Development :) This is NOT a hack, never has been, never will be. I will be reporting posts appraising this "hack" to moderators in future for sheer ignorance of the game development rules and the content of this thread itself. If you liked it that much, you'd know it wasn't a hack.

I finish my A levels in a week. Look forward to a summer of Acanthitey goodness.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • So do I. Again, being a part of the project is exciting and I can't believe how far it has come. Look out for my custom tiles! :P It's also nice to see the praise that people give. I look forward to the summer of Acanthitey goodness. :D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Also, just to let people know that we're looking for a Trainer spriter.

We are NOT looking for edits. If you only edit, I'm not interested. If you send me a sprite that is an edit and you claim it's not an edit, I will know. If it's pieced together from several sprites, I will know.

PM me any examples of your work in the DP style of trainer.

Cheers :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    If you wouldn't mind me asking, what on Earth has happened to the Pokémon Acanthite website? It now comes up with the stupid redundant URL page, advertising apartments and villas.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    The Website and Forum have been fixed, it was a glitch on behalf of our host and out of our hands.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Technically it was my fault, although I had only been reminded that the domain would expire at the end of the month, I took that to mean the end of the month rather than today since today is not quite the end of the month. Regardless, I paid and sorted it out.

I'm also off hiatus as of last friday and I'm doing work :) Fixing up menus. I'll have something to show for myself soon enough. Truth be told, I'm disappointed to say that there was a lack of productivity from other staff while I was on hiatus and we're over a month behind in some areas that I hoped we wouldn't be behind in after a fairly big setback involving a staff member. Beyond our or their control, again, I just wish we'd have known sooner. Nonetheless, we're kicking on and some sprites and new designs have been completed alongside the coding :)

I'll keep you all posted and I'll thank everyone for their continued support; we're making this demo a high quality affair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back