• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
  • seriously, its really not our buisiness. please stop the pointless chatter.

they will be back when they get back. Theres no point in trying to rush it, or to pressure them to be here.

Man, i wish i had a rule for that ...
    Seriously, don't reply to my post

Pokemon Acanthite related:Their keeping the good stuff for more tension

Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    They're keeping the 'good stuff' secret so they don't spoil the rich content Charlie and his incredibly talented team have put together. Be happy with the screens and information in the first post, it's all high quality and should quench anybody's thirst for knowledge of this game. Be patient and wait until the demo is released whether it's by its release date or not. You aren't paying for this game guys. ;)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Hey guys, I wanna prove to you all that we're still alive here. Anyone who's been to the site and forum lately will have seen a few of the goings on.

We got a fair bit of new artwork for you to feast your eyes on.

#498 Coatoast
    #509 Grubble
    #510 Maskit
    #511 Cinnamoth
    #512 Helmite
    #524 Bangtle
    #525 Boombeet
    #528 Woodrill
    #556 Porygon-X3

And a Silhouette from the next update...

silhouettelw9.png

Thank you very much to Comfy Cushion for his spectacular work and to the design team for all their contributions to the process.

I'd just like to show off a bit of the work of our graphics team that consists of Minorthreat, Zidane and Concore.

Watermarked and jpg'd to prevent theft, a common practise that nobody likes.

newtilesdh4.jpg

Enjoy!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ah good to see an update for a game that ill enjoy(i have a certain hate and anger towards the game area and am sick to my stomach thanks to waudby but you lifted it) I see we got new pokemon art and design lift and that silhouette is for the coatoast evo correct? Nice tiles btw and good job watermarking them.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • The fakemon artwork is insane looking. So well done. Wow....

The buildings look nice, but if your paranoid of stealing, you shouldn't of showed them off. Just let the player see them in game, or see them in screenshots. But I understand you wanted some eye candy for your update... but again those fakemon were more then enough.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Whatever happened to the demo you said you would release BEFORE 2008 was over?

I'll be honest. It was a disaster!

With no dedicated coder, university work piling up on myself and others, and a complete lack of designs preventing necessary graphics work from going ahead, we stalled 100% and literally nothing was going on for large periods at a time. There will no longer be ANY release dates because I can't keep promises due to whatever circumstances always seem to come along. We'll take it slow, as that's how it has to be for the moment until we get a break with the coding.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011

With no dedicated coder, university work piling up on myself and others, and a complete lack of designs preventing necessary graphics work from going ahead, we stalled 100% and literally nothing was going on for large periods at a time. There will no longer be ANY release dates because I can't keep promises due to whatever circumstances always seem to come along. We'll take it slow, as that's how it has to be for the moment until we get a break with the coding.

like i said, poop hit the fan :P

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Those Pokemon are fantastic Fang! They look even better than many of the official Pokemon, I wish you and your project well.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013

Release dates that can't be met are always not so fun... Take Sims 3 for example. *cries* It's still sort of disappointing that it feels like I'll never get to play this game, but I understand all the situations that have delayed the work and what-have-you, and I hold nothing against you, nor anyone who is working on this game, because it's a hobby, you know? It would be nice to play this some day, so I'll keep checking and keeping my fingers crossed. ;P

I used to hate Cinnamoth, but the artwork is really nice now. XD I've always loved that name though.

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Wow, now this is an update! The new artwork for the Pokémon is just breathtaking. They're clear, original, creative and perfect. Very good job to your design team, Charlie!

Oh, and the tiles are simply beautiful as well! Those are some tiles that not everyday artists would sprite. They're very original! I'm guessing that the building in the lower left is a building where you can look through a telescope? :P Great job!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Hey guys, I wanna prove to you all that we're still alive here. Anyone who's been to the site and forum lately will have seen a few of the goings on.

Wow, I love that new art and what not, I can't wait to see more!!
    Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Charlie when you get a chance, my account is having login problems again on the forums :|

<3 Chatotz

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Good to see the old project is still going :]

Still gonna use my icon sprites? If you want I can make more.

(It's I.V ;])

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back