• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
  • Ya know... I laugh every time I see someone complain about semi-difficult parts. In all honesty I enjoyed the Magnemite part because it was a challenge and different than the usual fight run catch pokemon profile.

Really? Well, good thing I got the warning about that. xD

Votes Round Up

I'm actually surprised that Pidgeot got that many vote. I didn't know Pidgeot was actually popular.

I'm guessing it's because of Twitchplayspokemon. Everybody in there was all about Bird Jesus AKA Pidgeot during the Pokemon Red playthrough on that channel.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    Wha ? , your boyfriend ._. ?
    Anyways good luck for the mega evolution :)

The loveletter chapter gave it away in my opinion :)

Noooo everyone vote Poliwrath quick, Charizard does not deserve to win at all!
    Good luck with your lectures btw Rockman, what do you study?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    First time on this site, can someone help me? I have the fileopener downloaded but I can't find the Pokemon Adventures Red download. I'm dying to play this game. Someone please send a link or direct me to where it might be! I see several links on the first page of this post, but if i download them (say 7.6 for example) does that download the entire game up to that point? or am i missing something? I've never used a hack before so please bare with me. new to this

Edit:
    So I downloaded 7.6 under the downloads section of the first page. I extracted the file via Fileopener and extracted it to a new folder on my desktop. In the folder I have the contents of the download and when I click on 7.6 I get this error message "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it." I'm not sure what file to open it with.

Second Edit:
    Alright well I figured out that I needed an engine to run the hack, so I downloaded VBA, but I can't open the file I downloaded earlier with VBA, but i can still run other games on it. Like FireRed for example. Help please?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    I have since given up on this hack and will attempt to review what i have seen. From the beginning to Cerulean City was fine but after that is where things went downhill for me. Here are some things that i think could be improved in the next release:

-Magnamite dodging: as i said before, the first section is doable but the second section needs to be thinned out a little. When you have a dozen magnamite moving in every direction makes dodging them more that a little "challenging". and to those who call this "complaining", were you expecting this or were you under the impression of killing them? This isnt a mario rom hack.

-Impassable areas: there are two that come to mind. the first is the boulders outside Fuschia City that block the way to the next area. maybe i missed something on my playthrough but the boulders only moved ONE space forward. this forced me to use a walk through walls code to progress. the second one is in silph co. after several cut scenes you are teleported to an area with no exit point other than a locked door. the problem is that there is no key in the area you are warped too which once again forces the use of the walk through walls code. maybe i missed something but i doubt it.

-Dialouge: another thing i mentioned before but its worth repeating. you mentioned that you enjoy black humor and thats fine. when you have a character who is indifferent to the welfare of their child, thats not funny its just tasteless. the "Herp Derp" stuff i thought came off as insulting the player and added nothing of value to the game. This next thing isnt bad its just dialogue coming from the wrong character: at the area you would get the fly move there are two girls facing each other. one talks about brock and the other uses dialogue from the old man in which the player gives the same reponse.

-Miscellany: on the route just outside of celadon city there is a pillar "thing" that just doesnt mesh well with the route.

The point at which i stopped was after getting Rock Smash from the old man in the veridian gym. After that i wasnt sure where to go so i just stopped. In the end i had to use a cheat code and wiki that gave a cliff notes version of the manga to progress through the game. as far as editing another persons hack being rude, ive only edited one other hack and that was Fire Red Omega (Koga's Invisible walls and Surges Electric Gate). If i had to rate what i saw i would give it a 7/10, decent but there is room for improvement. if this upsets you i apologize.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    First time on this site, can someone help me? I have the fileopener downloaded but I can't find the Pokemon Adventures Red download. I'm dying to play this game. Someone please send a link or direct me to where it might be! I see several links on the first page of this post, but if i download them (say 7.6 for example) does that download the entire game up to that point? or am i missing something? I've never used a hack before so please bare with me. new to this

Edit:
    So I downloaded 7.6 under the downloads section of the first page. I extracted the file via Fileopener and extracted it to a new folder on my desktop. In the folder I have the contents of the download and when I click on 7.6 I get this error message "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it." I'm not sure what file to open it with.

Second Edit:
    Alright well I figured out that I needed an engine to run the hack, so I downloaded VBA, but I can't open the file I downloaded earlier with VBA, but i can still run other games on it. Like FireRed for example. Help please?

You have to patch the ips file to a clean 1.0 u FireRed rom.

I have since given up on this hack and will attempt to review what i have seen. From the beginning to Cerulean City was fine but after that is where things went downhill for me. Here are some things that i think could be improved in the next release:

-Magnamite dodging: as i said before, the first section is doable but the second section needs to be thinned out a little. When you have a dozen magnamite moving in every direction makes dodging them more that a little "challenging". and to those who call this "complaining", were you expecting this or were you under the impression of killing them? This isnt a mario rom hack.

-Impassable areas: there are two that come to mind. the first is the boulders outside Fuschia City that block the way to the next area. maybe i missed something on my playthrough but the boulders only moved ONE space forward. this forced me to use a walk through walls code to progress. the second one is in silph co. after several cut scenes you are teleported to an area with no exit point other than a locked door. the problem is that there is no key in the area you are warped too which once again forces the use of the walk through walls code. maybe i missed something but i doubt it.

-Dialouge: another thing i mentioned before but its worth repeating. you mentioned that you enjoy black humor and thats fine. when you have a character who is indifferent to the welfare of their child, thats not funny its just tasteless. the "Herp Derp" stuff i thought came off as insulting the player and added nothing of value to the game. This next thing isnt bad its just dialogue coming from the wrong character: at the area you would get the fly move there are two girls facing each other. one talks about brock and the other uses dialogue from the old man in which the player gives the same reponse.

-Miscellany: on the route just outside of celadon city there is a pillar "thing" that just doesnt mesh well with the route.

The point at which i stopped was after getting Rock Smash from the old man in the veridian gym. After that i wasnt sure where to go so i just stopped. In the end i had to use a cheat code and wiki that gave a cliff notes version of the manga to progress through the game. as far as editing another persons hack being rude, ive only edited one other hack and that was Fire Red Omega (Koga's Invisible walls and Surges Electric Gate). If i had to rate what i saw i would give it a 7/10, decent but there is room for improvement. if this upsets you i apologize.

A few things. With Magnemite dodging just save after a few times. It takes like two minutes. As for the issue with strength, you move the ends up or down then move the middle to the side. Not rocket science. As for Omegas, did you play FireRed? The gates in Vermillion Gym and Kogas invisible walls are in the actual FireRed game, as for Red and Blue as well.

:)....

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    You have to patch the ips file to a clean 1.0 u FireRed rom.

Okay thanks :). I already downloaded a clean rom of firered a little while ago. So I take the IPS from the Adventures game and somehow merge it with the firered one? I'm totally new to using ROMs and that sort of thing. I know I sound like a total moron. I appreciate your time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    Okay thanks :). I already downloaded a clean rom of firered a little while ago. So I take the IPS from the Adventures game and somehow merge it with the firered one? I'm totally new to using ROMs and that sort of thing. I know I sound like a total moron. I appreciate your time.

I believe you use LunarIPS to patch. I play on my phone so my patching is different. Also, no problem! I'm here to help. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020

Seeing as you are the only one to have problems with this, clearly your not playing correctly at all, they move exactly like the trainers do, dont run, walk slowly, and never in the direction they face.

The outer boulders move down, the middle one moves to the side...this is a common puzzle in all pokemon games, and the no exit place in Silph...check the tables...

-Dialouge: another thing i mentioned before but its worth repeating. you mentioned that you enjoy black humor and thats fine. when you have a character who is indifferent to the welfare of their child, thats not funny its just tasteless. the "Herp Derp" stuff i thought came off as insulting the player and added nothing of value to the game.

Just like the Herpa Derpas add nothing to Rockman's thread. It's honestly ridiculous now, I'm astonished that he has this much patience with alot of the going's on here.

This next thing isnt bad its just dialogue coming from the wrong character: at the area you would get the fly move there are two girls facing each other. one talks about brock and the other uses dialogue from the old man in which the player gives the same reponse.

The point at which i stopped was after getting Rock Smash from the old man in the veridian gym.

Rocksmash ..the rock right outside the Gym...after doing all of Yellow's events. You allude to using cheat codes a lot, and these have no doubt messed up the game, they mess up even non-patched versions, you have ruined the experience for yourself

^ You need Lunar IPS, set it to automatically detect file types, and patch it over a Fire-Red rom, which you have to find yourself, make sure your VBA has in the options the settings to open a GBA file, it might be silly, but don't try opening the IPS/SAV/SGM files with VBA.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I believe you use LunarIPS to patch. I play on my phone so my patching is different. Also, no problem! I'm here to help. :)

I got it!!! Thank you :). it runs a little slow. For example when I take steps it seems very laggy. Any vlue why or what I could do to improve it?

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
    Years
  • Welp, I just looked at some fan art of Mega Pikachu/Raichu... SOLD! XD Probably too late to take back my +2 for Rapidash. Still, it's probably fine given my Pikachu has Volt Tackle and Light Ball. That's just overkill; I like it. :chu:

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
    Years
  • I made it to the Gyrados rampage. This isn't really a complaint; more like a WTF moment. xD I think I'm seeing Gyrados' reflection in the water except that it threw me off a second thinking that it was reflection of Misty's inner demons. :chu:

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I'd like to show gratitude to rockmanmegaman for this amazing hack. It's very funny and enjoyable.

I'm in the safari zone, i have strength and i don't have HM of Fly. I missed it or i'll recieve in the future?
    After that, i warn you about two glitch i found, i have not finished the game yet.
    1st. You can pass throught the captain who blocks you if you dont have the orange ticket. It happens when you run to him without see him. I guess you can only pass if you have orangeticket. Then there is a porygon which freeze the game if you talk to it.

2nd. When you are trying to fight with second magmar at the museum. if you go out of the museum and try to talk with the people who they are in front of the museum, the game freezes.

Years
  • I have since given up on this hack and will attempt to review what i have seen. From the beginning to Cerulean City was fine but after that is where things went downhill for me. Here are some things that i think could be improved in the next release:

you must literally be the worst gamer in the world if you can't get passed that in less than five minutes... takes me like 30 seconds tops... its really not that hard.

i'm not even going to explain the ♥♥♥♥ing boulders to you like come on... i assure you to my full extent that you can pass through silph co with next to no trouble.

the herp derps are representations of people like you who arent smart enough to figure ♥♥♥♥ out on their own so they label it impossible and complain all the time. i beta tested 7.5 and found very few glitches, and they were things that you wouldve had to been exploring to figure out... i then played through 7.5 and found that 99% of them were fixed.
    how bout you try something new.... be a little appreciative of the hard work that goes into these games instead of complaining everytime something comes by that exceeds the thinking capacity of your brain.
    or even read a little earlier to see if the questionhas been asked in the past... put a little effort into it man

as for the pillar, it's where green is viewing you from in the cut scene from when you first walk into that route... it has to be there to make sense

and the game literally drags you to the rock beside the game when officer jenny and yellow both move to near the bridges.. it's also the only smashable rock in that entire area

how can someone who reviews hacks be so bad at playing..
    dont be so gad damn disrespectful.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I have since given up on this hack and will attempt to review what i have seen. From the beginning to Cerulean City was fine but after that is where things went downhill for me. Here are some things that i think could be improved in the next releas

... I swear reading comments like this gives me a huge headache, and sometime makes me wonder why am I still hacking this game. These comments are even "glitch", they're just parts that you feel like it's too hard. Therefore, instead of passing it with patience, you took the easy way out, and used cheats to skip those parts.

a) Magnemite is understandable. But honestly, the magnemite walk the same as you. They only see 1 square ahead. They can only see you if they're looking at you. You couldn't exploit that?
    b) there's 3 boulder, you move the first and the 3rd one, then push the middle one to the side. It doesn't require much brain to work that out. I mean if you play Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon FireRed there's way more difficult puzzle than that! As for the silph co. If everyone else pass that stage just fine, I think the problem really just lies in you.
    c) You don't know what to do Rock Smach? There's literally a rock outside of the gym for you to smash. It's literally just open in plain sight. How could you not see it?
    d) You may not know or realise how 'rude' it is to edit someone else hack because you didn't make the hack in the first place. See it in my position. I put all these effort into making the hack (e.g. staying up late, learning how to script, spriting as best as I can, doing the map, squeezing my time in for other stuff, etc), sure it's not going to be perfect for everyone but the things I chose to be in the game is what I want to be in the game (e.g. Black humor, etc). Then someone comes along and say "this is not good, so I've edited that part" or "this path is unwalkable, so I've connected the 2 map together", leave a really sour taste for hackers like me. What's worst is that they're the same people who'll eventually say "err, I found a gamebreaking glitch", well 'duh!', you edited the rom to the point where you got into areas where you're not suppose to. That's why you see several hackers change the header of their rom so it can't be edited by other people.
    e) Some of the things you said, I'll take into consideration. However, it seems like all your problems (or glitch) that you've mentioned are just part that you deemed 'too hard'.
    f) Trust me, I understand the wellfare of the child thing. As a tutor/teacher's aide, I have all the certificate and document for Child Protection, etc. Therefore, please don't harp on and trying to imply that I got next to no idea about the welfare of children. This may come as a shock to you, but I maybe a hacker but I'm not your stereotype guy who stays at home everyday and got nothing better to do (I'm sure most people here aren't like that either). As for the herp derp, ofcourse it's insulting. The whole point of them is to show exactly those people ow ridiculous they sound (e.g. "I found a glitch in beta 1 that beta 2 doesn't have" or "How dare you rush Beta 6 because your friend died!" or "You're taking break? Why are you accepting donations if you're just going to give up (note: I never or once accept any donation, although the prospect of it sounds good as I don't need to work as much, but it's just plain wrong) or "Herp derp, derp, these boulders in Fuchsia city is unpassable, eventhough it's really easy to pass. I'm going to use walk through wall now").

Last edited:
    Back