• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Looks extremely interesting, though I must say the sprites look like they could use some tuning...

And a menu system similar to mine too, although yours is much better.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Eric: I don't really need anything right now. However, I'm planning to get permission to use the CAPs, so you could try making their in-game stats such as growth rate, egg steps etc.
Destined: He meant the new Pokémon I (and a few others) have designed. Or as a lot of people call them, the Fakemon.
Emerald Ex: What exactly about the sprites needs tweaking? Artists aren't usually good at criticising their own work, so I don't know what needs improving...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Oh, sorry for not going more in depth before. Despite being somewhat of a pixel artist myself I find it hard to pin-point exactly what's wrong.

Some of them (Bushby, Dipleaf, Ignicub) lack that certain Pokemon flare, and are far too generic. Ignicub for example looks like like a bear cub on fire, whereas it should be more stylized.

Dithering is often used in unusual places, such as the body and head of Dipleaf.

Others just need the lineart fixed up a bit, which is what I meant in the first place.

Sorry, they're still very good sprites, but there's always room for improvement. :)
I'm rather partial to Axolitl actually, he looks cool.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
ideas for items

I also have ideas for items.
Nanab Incense: Raises critical-hit ratio of Aipom and Ambipom. (This item causes these Pokemon to hatch a Bushby egg at the Day-Care)
Bibbur Band: Boosts FIRE-type moves (Only effective when held by Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, and Ignicub's final form)

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Wat?!?

You TOTALLY stole the name from me!!!!

Nah, I don't care. I've got another name.

By the way, this looks really good. What tools did you use?
Spill!!!!

Seriously, I DESPERATELY need help with my hack.

I'm probably gonna make a Help Recruitment thread
on the Team Discussions page.

Look for a thread with "thorn96" as the creator.

You don't have to, but you look like a real kick @$$ pokemon
hacker, and I could learn from guys like you.

Keep up the good work,

Thorn96

Years
Wat?!?

You TOTALLY stole the name from me!!!!

Nah, I don't care. I've got another name.

By the way, this looks really good. What tools did you use?
Spill!!!!

Seriously, I DESPERATELY need help with my hack.

I'm probably gonna make a Help Recruitment thread
on the Team Discussions page.

Look for a thread with "thorn96" as the creator.

You don't have to, but you look like a real kick @$$ pokemon
hacker, and I could learn from guys like you.

Keep up the good work,

Thorn96

Oh great not another one, this happens to be called a "GAME" not a "HACK".
(When will people learn?)
Wait, didn't I post in your thread that Amethyst was already taken by Wichu?
Well anyway, I'm looking forward to updates, as I always am with all of my favourite games on this forum xD.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I love how you said oh great another one. I mean dont bother there is a countless number of people who call games hacks. Its really annoying but what can what we do right? Anyweh amythest is looking great. I cant wait to see the update!(when is it goin to come is the question but hey at least its obvious that youll make it worth while!)

Spriter

The Sprite Guy!
Years
This honestly is one of the most creative game ideas i have seen in a long time. The Shadow beasts and the three tribes, amazing concept. Just a random question, is the life giver mew? just wondering. Moving on, below you will find some of my examples of work.

Anyway, i am willing to help you with anything you need, as long as its in my talent range lol. I can do ideas, semi decent sprites, and i am working on a custom tileset that is a mixture of DPP tiles (fixed to be 2D) FRLG/RSE, and complte custom. If you would like to use it, just say so. I see you have an amazing tileset already thogh lol. I also am a semi-good artist when it comes to Item sprites, so if you would like to see some of them, just say so. I did revamps of the slowpoketail and the gold and silver leaves from GSC if you want to use them. As long as i get some form of credit, im ok with it.

Another point, i am also currently trying to become a better drawer, and im alright at drawing anime characters if you need first form characeters designed. And by first form i mean a semi-decent sketch, which you can revamp later. Another skill i posess is the skill to find things over the internet, and in my files of saved documents. If you are looking for a certain sprite, say a DP trainer or sometihng, i have those as well. Also, i am pretty good at organizing things into grids (like a fakemon or trainer grid perhaps)

Some of my work:
Spoiler:

So, as i said, this is an amazing concept, and please dont lose interest in it. That would be a tradegy if this peject died. Lastly, i would like to apologize for the length of my post, i just want to help ^-^'

Last edited:

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
why do you need to use Firered style sprites?

Besides that, this game looks GREAT. It sucks you took the name amethyst, i was gonna use it when my game got started. Oh well. I'll think of a new one.

Atomic Reactor

DP sprites are to big.

Phaits

No longer working on Titanium.
Years
Great! Best hack I have seen so far. Anyway, Im still a n00b so that doesn't really count for much, but I will most certainly get.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
It's definitely not a hack. I don't understand why people can't grasp that. It is a game in its own right, not an edited ROM, and yes, it is outstanding.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Spriter: The type icons look pretty cool. Would you mind if I used them, and made similar ones for physical/special/other? Also, you posted the items grid twice, and missed out the Pokémon one...
Darkwiz: It's just that I dislike the style of the D/P sprites - the outlines, colours, shading... Besides, with the smaller Advance sprites, I have more room to put other stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back