• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
How do you think I should improve it? I admit, it's not the best, but I can't really make out why...

Oh, and I added Lmayonaise to the staff list. He's helping out with designs, and has also kindly volunteered to do some Sugimori art of the starters.

Years
Well wichu Dipleaf is not really bad sprited the only thing is you said it's a seed dino pokemon.
His head is not really dinosaur like, it's more alien haha, if you would change the sprites you should add different eyes to it, further from that maybe slow down with the dithering.
I have to say that the first Ignicub was better then the one you have now, because of the head, it's nose is abit weird compared to the other one.
Thats all I have to say about your sprites, I really think you're a great spriter so :)
Succes with everything.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
Lmayonaise here, got some refinements of the starters as they lacked something.

And that something is VERY important to a pokeymon design!

DIPLEAF: grass starter, based off diprotodon or whatever it is. incorporating the quadraped presentation in dipleaf.
Design characteristics: they have blue fruit juices in their bodies and the blue areas signilise where they are excreted.

Fire bear starter. just a redesign refinement. Design characteristics: they unintentionally cause forest fires due to their ever flaming hands. the neck fur is actually flammable.

Water starter; ave to be careful that it's not like Wooper or Mudkip, since theyre both based o nthe same thing as this. Characteristics: it prefers to swim out in lakes when there is thunderstorms and likes to conduct electricity to its horn things.

i'll have more stuff next week.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
\

its a firered lucario i did REALLY quickly. It's not from scratch, either.

LOL but thanks for clearing that up! It may prove useful for my game.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
I've been lurking here for a while, just wanted to say that everything looks great, and those starter redesigns are wonderful! Dipleaf looks much better, especially. The fire cub looks a little crazed XD;

Phaits

No longer working on Titanium.
Years
Well excuse me! Its just kind of what you call it, unless you are an uber-nerd. It is a hack, but yes it is also an original game. So get over yourself if you think that it isn't a hack. What are you doing to get the main basis for the game? Hacking an official game!!!! Not that it's a bad thing, don't get me wrong, but don't go so far as to say its completely original.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
This is not a hack! A hack is basically just chaging a rom, while this is a a game made completely from scratch using rpg maker xp. If it was a hack then it would be in the hack showcase.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Well excuse me! Its just kind of what you call it, unless you are an uber-nerd. It is a hack, but yes it is also an original game. So get over yourself if you think that it isn't a hack. What are you doing to get the main basis for the game? Hacking an official game!!!! Not that it's a bad thing, don't get me wrong, but don't go so far as to say its completely original.

It is completely original, he is NOT using any official game created by Nintendo as a base, he is creating the systems, not piggybacking on some other's hard work, how come you people can't grasp that fact!? Did you even look at the section you were posting in? It clearly says: 'This forum is not for ROM-Hacks or things related to them!'... so you should look before you post...

Anyways, Wichu it's looking as great as always!

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Well he is using the starter kit, right, so it's not all his work.

But it's original work nonetheless and it is not a hack at all.

And I can't wait to play it.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
In NO way is this a hack, because he uses RPG maker XP and starts FROM SCRATCH not using Nintendo's games as a base.
This forum is not for ROM-Hacks or things related to them!
So its not that we don't call it a hack, it's just NOT A HACK.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Oh great not another one, this happens to be called a "GAME" not a "HACK".
(When will people learn?)
Wait, didn't I post in your thread that Amethyst was already taken by Wichu?
Well anyway, I'm looking forward to updates, as I always am with all of my favourite games on this forum xD.

Yes, you did post in my thread, and you never visit anymore!
I've, like, COMPLETELY changed everything. And no-one
cares about giving me support! All they want to do is hurt
my feelings.

By the way, when you say "not another one!", your wrong. It's
the same one! Jeez. :-(

Oh, hey Wichu, how did you make the awesome Amethyst banner!
Spill!

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
Wow, my feelings too are hurt because no one visits your game thread anymore! I mean golly wee that's just such a tragedy! :O

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Wow, my feelings too are hurt because no one visits your game thread anymore! I mean golly wee that's just such a tragedy! :O

Ha ha. I'm dying because I'm laughing SO hard /:-(

Honestly, some people just have no respect.

I bet I'm twice as good at hacking than you, even considering
I have no idea how half of my hacking tools work. OMG, I made
a joke.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Ha ha. I'm dying because I'm laughing SO hard /:-(

Honestly, some people just have no respect.

I bet I'm twice as good at hacking than you, even considering
I have no idea how half of my hacking tools work. OMG, I made
a joke.

Considering this has nothing to do with hacking, your "joke" failed immediately. Also it was extremely unfunny.

ANYWAYS, not get off track...

Amazing game Wichu. It's very inspiring to many, and I know it inspires me to create. Good work and I can't wait to play the full thing.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Considering this has nothing to do with hacking, your "joke" failed immediately. Also it was extremely unfunny.

ANYWAYS, not get off track...

Amazing game Wichu. It's very inspiring to many, and I know it inspires me to create. Good work and I can't wait to play the full thing.

Hey, that other pawn started it :-( I'm always getting blamed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back