• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Argeth Region Championship [PG-16]

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
    (OOC I have my own character in this rp so I will post my character stuff in a different font then other things)

Ether laid in his bed hair a curled up mess himself under dressed and not ready to start his pokemon journey. "Ether wake up dear," His mother said as she walked into Ether's room and opened the shades letting a abundant amount of sunlight in waking Ether up. "Five more minutes," Ether moaned as he rolled around in his bed. "Ether people have already started gathering in front of Silvia's lab," His mother replied to his moans. "Alright I'm getting up!" Ether grunted as he got out of bed. "I packed you a backpack filled with some extra clothes and some food, water, sleeping bed..." His mother went off on a long list of things Ether wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying. Ether went off on to putting on his favorite outfit. A black jacket, red shirt, black pants, black and red shoes and his favorite black fingerless gloves. "Don't you look ready for a pokemon adventure," Ether's mom said as she putt his backpack on for him. "I am ready!" Ether exclaimed. "Well good luck son and show them that the Argeth region is the best," His mom said trying to encourage Ether. "Yeah I will mom love ya bye," Ether said as he gave his mother a loving hug and ran down the steeps.

As he hit the bottom step he was stopped by his father who was waiting for him. "Well Ether my boy today is the day," His father began "I don't want to keep you waiting but I want you to go out there and do your best and make us proud son I know you can," His father said. "Thanks dad I will!" Ether exclaimed as he ran out the door and toward the lab. Conveniently Ether had lived in Karamiku Town his hole life so he knew there area like the back of his hand. He had only meet Professor Silvia once and only really remembered how cute she was, and disorganized. "Oh man I wonder what pokemon I'm going to get," Ether began as thoughts rushed through his head as he ran down the path from his house to the lab. "I heard my competition are from all different regions," Ether thought. As Ether reached the lab he noticed many kids around his age standing in front of the lab.

"Hey Mark!" Ether shouted as he came near the front door of the lab. "Ether how are you?" Mark greeted as he walked toward Ether. "Doing good Mark what's going on let's go in?" Ether asked. "Professor Silvia is a little disorganized at the moment so please wait," Mark answered. "Oh alright I'll wait," Ether said putting his hands around his head. "So how much longer?" Ether asked. "Not much longer," Mark replied. "Fine I'll go sit in that tree," Ether said as he ran toward a tree and easily and quickly climbed it and sat in a branch. "Now for a nap," Ether thought as he closed his eyes.

(OOC: After the next person post I will make Chapter 1 Part 2

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
    Years
    I smiled "Nice to meet you Mike." I said happily my mood defiantly lifted. I spotted another Trainer come over and extend her hand to Mike.

"Hi! I'm Casey, what's your name?" She said.

"So What regions are you guys from?" I asked directing my question at all three of them. "I'm from Castelia City in the Unova region."

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    A girl walked right up to me and stuck out a hand. "Hi! I'm Casey, what's your name?"

I didn't feel in the mood to introduce myself again, I didn't want to seem like a freak. Who was I trying to kid, I am already a freak anyway. I gave her a half smile and brought out my hand and shook hers, "My name is Mike, it is nice to meet you Casey."

My voice had fluctuated again.

"So what regions are you guys from?" The diabetic girl asked directing her question at all three of us. "I'm from Castelia City in the Unova region."
    Unova, now that was new. It was one of the newly discovered regions, but it beat the Argeth region by year of disseverment. It was new seeing someone from that region here. Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone here is from that region. Again I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure there wasn't anyone in this town that was from Unova.

"I'm originally from Hoenn's Petalburg City," I said, my voice fluctuating yet again, "I moved here a year or two ago, so I pretty much know most of the townspeople."

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    "Hey Mike nice to meet you" Jade said politely and "Nice to meet you to Casey" he said distractedly as he saw another trainer run up a tree. I wonder who that is? he thought to himself.

"Im from the Hoen region I was born and raised in Sootopolis City" he said proudly.

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
    Years
    I smiled "thats cool. And with your speech problem i don't judge. Stuff like that and diabetes are what makes everyone different. The world would be a really boring place if everyone was the same" I said looking at all three of them before deciding to introduce myself to the two who didn't hear my name. "By the way. My names Acelina" I added before sipping more of my juice.

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    "I agree with Acelina completely" Jade said promptly "You can relax completely around us Mike we wont judge you" he said in a sincere tone. Jade then held his pendant up to the sky and watched it sparkle in the sunlight. "Im getting kind of restless just waiting here" he exclaimed a bit impatiently.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Years
    Chapter 1 Part 2: The meeting with Professor Ileana Silvia

Finally Professor Silvia is ready for you to come inside and get your first pokemon. Mark will interrupt what ever conversation you are having and tell you Professor Silvia will be meeting you one by one. As you are called to go in you will be greeted by Silvia in a strange way to you and she will tell you something about yourself that no one else knows. She will hand you your pokeball containing your first pokemon five pokeballs some potions a pokedex and a map. As you leave Mark will show you where to start by pointing you in the directions of a pokemon league representatives house Garlin Volke. There he will discuss the rules with you and how the championship works.

The order of people going in: (If you are not going in yet you can post about what's going through or mind or talk with the trainers still waiting)
    First Marina E. Silver
    Second First Snow
    Third Hunter Zero
    Fourth Dark Knight 17
    Fifth luf100
    Sixth Quicksand

What to post about:
    - Your encounter with Professor Silvia
    - How you react to the pokemon you get
    - the conversation with Garlin Volke
    - What your plans are on traveling

Last edited:

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    "My name is Mike, it is nice to meet you Casey," the boy named Mike said. Casey shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too!" she said. The other boy also greeted Casey, his name was Jade.

"So what regions are you guys from?" the younger girl asked. "I'm from Castelia City in the Unova region." Mike said that he was from Hoenn, Petalburg City to be exact. Casey had never been there, but she had heard about Hoenn before. Jade was also from Hoenn, a different city called Sootopolis.

"I'm from Unova too," Casey said, looking at Acelina. "Striaton City." Casey was secretly hoping that Acelina wasn't going to ask for the grass-type starter of the Unova region, Snivy. Casey was really looking forward to getting a Snivy.

"And with your speech problem, I don't judge. Stuff like that and diabetes are what makes everyone different. The world would be a really boring place if everyone was the same," Acelina said, looking at Mike. Casey had noticed his voice was a little strange, but it hadn't bothered her.

"I agree with Acelina completely," Jade said promptly. "You can relax completely around us, Mike, we wont judge you."

Casey found herself nodding. "He's right." Out of the corner of her eye she saw a boy climb a tree. How strange, she thought. He must be another new trainer. Maybe he's shy.

"I'm getting kind of restless just waiting here," Jade exclaimed a bit impatiently. As if on cue, someone cleared their throat, and Casey looked up. It was the old man, Mark. He came down to talk to the four trainers. He was holding a sheet of paper. "Professor Silvia is finally ready to see you. You'll go in one at a time, alright?" He looked down at the sheet he was holding. "You're up first Acelina, and then Mike, Ether," Mark looked up as if he knew who Ether was, but continued to read the names, "Jade, and then Casey."

Casey nodded at the man and looked toward the tree again. That guy must be Ether.

Last edited:

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
    Years
    Upon hearing footsteps I looked up and smiled at seeing Mark. "She's ready now. First on the list is Acelina Wilson" he said looking at me. I put my diabetic stuff back in my bag and stood with the half empty juice box in my hand. I smiled at the people I hopes to call friends and Followed Mark into the lab. Upon entering the lab i saw it was still a little disorganized but one a table in the middle of the lab there were Pokeballs.
    "Ah Hello, you must be Acelina Wilson correct" a woman said walking up to me she looked to be about 18 and had long flowing black hair and bright orange eyes.
    "Yes, nice to meet you Professor Silvia" I answered politely with a smile on my face.
    "I'm glad your here dear, but running away is not a good thing to do your parents must be worried sick about you" she said to me in a stern voice.
    "Wh...h..how..d..did you know i ran away!" I said shocked.
    "Nows not the time for you to know that Acelina. Now as to why your here I know exactly which Pokemon you want. Here's your Tepig" she said kindly handing me a Pokeball. I accepted it gratefully as well as the five Pokeballs and few potions she gave me. "Just to get you started you'll have to buy more later." she said before handing me a Pokedex and a map. "There you go. All set you have everything a Trainer needs and now your journey begins."
    "T..thank you Professor" I said still wondering how she knew I had run away.
    "Mark will point out where you need to go" Professor Silvia called after me as i excited the building.
    "Just go down that path" Mark said smiling at me as he pointed to a dirt path "It will take you straight to Pokemon league representatives Garlin Volke's house"
    "Thanks Mark" I said happily before looking at the others I gave them a quick wave and took off at a sprint down the path. When i was halfway there I stopped with a grin on my face. "Tepig come on out!" i yelled happily tossing the Pokeball into the air and in a flash of light the small orange and black pig Pokemon materialized in front of me taking out my pokedex i heard the electronic voice say Tepig the Fire Pig Pokemon. It blows fire from its nostrils. If it catches a cold, the fire is replaced with pitch black smoke. This Tepig is a male and knows tackle
    "Te! Tepig!" the Pokemon said happily looking up at me.
    "I'm gonna name you Blaze" I said happily as we walked reaching Garlin Volke's house. Taking a calming breath i knocked on the door.
    "Come in!" a voice yelled and I opened the door entering the house (OCC: Lol that reminds me of the House Flash Game)
    "You must be Acelina Wilson the first Trainer on the list for today. My name is Garlin Volke and I'm a Representative of Argeth's Pokemon league. My job for today is to explain to you the rules and how the Championship is going to work." an intimidating man said looking at me with a smile.
    "Alright." I said smiling as I sat down Blaze on my lap.
    "What you are going to be doing as you travel is fighting the gym leaders. There are eight in all and they will be found throughout the region. Once you have collected all eight gym badges you can challenge the elite four. If you are defeated by them then you are out for the Championship. You'll still be able to watch the others compete in the Championship as long as they don't lose to the elite four. Now if you manage to beat the elite four you'll take part in a tournament. This tournament is a knock-out challenge. You lose your out that keeps going until one is left, and that's all you need to know. The rest you'll figure out for yourself." Garlin said smiling at me.
    "T...thank you sir, I'll be sure to remember all of this" I said as Blaze jumped down to the floor and I stood.
    "Good luck on your journey Acelina. and remember have fun" he said shaking my hand.
    "I will sir thanks." I said before walking outside. "Blaze lets wait here until some of the others are done okay" I said smiling as I sat under a tree and as my Pokemon curled up next to me I pulled out the book I was currently reading.
    OCC: Done if you need me to edit anything I will :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Ch. 1.1

Lying on the boats deck, the body of a teenager with wavy brown hair, a thick yellow scarf, and tight fitting jeans had been resting on a chair under a large umbrella. The boat was rather average; nothing stood out too much, yet it was acceptable. The destination: Agreth; the teenager: Christian Mason Noble.

Christian grew up in a large town. In fact, it was the largest in Johto. He grew up in Goldenrod, where he lived the average life with his average mother and average father. His parents were hungry for the good life, while Christian was a much more modest kid. Hed roam the streets alone, examining the towering skyscrapers and watching the businessmen as they ran down the street, always late to something. While he didn't like how crowded and confusing Goldenrod was, he did enjoy observing the adults attire, learning and taking in all he could about their fashion.

But fashion was not why he was on the boat. He was on the boat to start his very own Pokemon journey. When the boat docked, he reached for his bag and stepped foot on the dock. After taking a bus and walking a couple blocks, he reached Karamiku Town. Standing outside of the Karamiku lab was an elderly man. Approaching him, Christian stuck his hand out to greet the man. "Im Christian."

"Aahhh, yes," Said the man, as he glanced over his clipboard. "Weve been expecting you. My name is Mark." Releasing the teenagers hand, Mark continued. "Just take a seat outside. Or better yet, mingle with the other trainers. Im sure youll all make great friends."

Forcing a smile, Christian turned around and scanned for an available seat slightly away from the other soon-to-be trainers. After passing a couple seconds, he decided on a bench that had been conveniently placed under a large tree.

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    As he was getting more impatient he finally saw Mark walk over to where the trainers talking Mark said "Prof. Silvia is now ready to see the trainers, you will be going in one by one. " First on the list is Acelina, second is Mark, third is Ether,Jade you will be going in fourth, fifth is Casey, and sixth is Christian" he said in a kind voice. Ether? that must be the kid in the tree and Christian? As he thought he saw another trainer sit on bench not to far from where he was. Oh that must be Christian

"Thank you for telling me Mark" Jade said with a smile on his face. "Your welcome young man" he said kindly. Im so close to getting my pokemon and starting this new journey, I wonder what pokemon I'll choose? I can barely contain myself! He thought to himself while grinning slightly. "I guess I still have to wait here for awhile" he said as he saw Acelina sprint down a dirt trail waving to the trainers. I wonder where that trail leads, and I wonder what pokemon she chose? He thought as he started to wave back.

Abyss★

=w=
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    (OOC: One a second thought, this RP might be going too fast for me. Un-reserve me please.)

HunterZero

Years
    As Ether woke back up he noticed that one trainer had already gone in. "Hey Mark when is it my turn!" He shouted from his tree half asleep. "Ether just wait your turn!" Mark yelled back. "I'm tired of waiting I want to get my pokemon now!" Ether groaned. As he finished complaining he had slipped and fallen off the tree. "Ow," Ether moaned as he landed on his head Mark standing above him. "That's what you get for being impatient," Mark scowled. "I don't think me being impatient deserves falling out of a tree Mark," Ether said as he now was right side up. "So someone went in?" Ether asked as he stood up. "Yes Acelina has already gone in and received her pokemon and went to your house to meet your father," Mark answered. "My dad?" Ether said a questioning look on his face. "Yes your dad he is a pokemon league representative is he not?" Mark said. "True Mark but what is he doing?" Ether asked. "So many questions from you," Mark sighed. "He is explaining how everything works," Mark answered. "Oh well he can skip me I know everything there is I'm going to be the best," Ether said enthusiastically. "Don't be too sure of that anyone here could beat you in the place where it matters most," Mark replied. "In the championship tournament," Ether said lowly. "Precisely boy or you could lose while fighting the elite four then you're knocked out of the championship," Mark said.

"Well what ever pokemon I get we'll train super hard and be the best!" Ether exclaimed. "Well do your best," Mark said walking away. Ether now sat on the ground next to the lab door.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    "Dear father,
    I am very sorry that I have left you in a time like this, but I have decided that I need to do something important in my life. I can't be your little baby forever, so I have decided to run away from home and become a Pokemon Trainer. Don't bother looking for me, as I will come back as soon as I feel like I have accomplished my goal.

Love,

Callie"

Callie read her letter over again before she placed it back into her pocket. She would send the letter as soon as she found a post office, or some way to get the letter back to her dad's house in Johto.

-ding- "Greetings Passengers, I would like to inform you that we have landed in Karamiku Town"

Callie clapped her hands. Finally, she had made it to the Argeth Region! It was a long journey, but it was definitely worth it as she stepped off of the boat and onto the dry land. Callie closed her eyes and took a strong whiff of the Argeth Air, it smelt sweet and clean, which didn't really seem surprised her considering that the town was surrounded by plants...well trees in this case.

A large building stood out from the rest of the town. That had to be the lab. Callie grasped her stomach as she made her way near the place that will reveal how her Journey will be. Was she hoping for a Grass type? No way. What about a Water type? Maybe. Fire type? Definitely! Callie was always interested in the flaming hot pokemon. Maybe it was because of their flaming personalities? They always seemed to be upbeat and fired up. Or maybe it was because all of them seem so powerful. But, maybe it was because her Dad loved fire types and she wanted to make him proud. Well whichever way it went, Callie just crossed her fingers for a fire type.

As Callie was about to open the doors to the lab, a cold, rough hand grabbed her shoulder. Callie reacted by spinning around and slapping the person in the face.

"Ouch." The guy moaned. "Why did you do that?"

Callie gasped. Turns out, the person she slapped was a short old man, who was the same shape and size of a wooden barrel and had a long silver beard and a wrinkled face. "I'm so sorry Mr! I thought you were trying to steal me or something!"

The old man rolled his eyes. "You're not worth stealing."

Callie felt offended. "Well, I need to go get my Pokemon so I can start my Journey. Good bye."

"Sorry Little Lady, but the Professor is not ready for you yet, so you can just wait out here."

Callie sighed and nodded her head. She noticed a few other trainers, but decided not to speak to them, not because she thought she was better then them, but because she was nervous and scared of them. Which was a surprise, because back at home Callie was always the one to talk to people... but these people seemed intimidating.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    OOC: Will make this a two post because it would be long and plus it just would flow strangely if I made it one entire post.

Mark came down to talk to the four of us. He was holding a sheet of paper. "Professor Silvia is finally ready to see you. You'll go in one at a time, alright?" He looked down at the sheet he was holding. "You're up first Acelina, and then Mike, Ether," Mark looked up as if he knew who Ether was, but continued to read the names, "Jade, and then Casey."

Acelina had put all her diabetic stuff in her bag and stood up holding a half empty juice box. She had followed Mark inside and that was the last time I saw of her for a while. I began just drumming my fingers on the cemented layer of the building. I breathed in and out trying to clear my head of thoughts. No second thoughts, no second thoughts this time. I was going to do this; I was going to pick Treecko.

Acelina had came out of the laboratory. The Unova fire pig starter was standing by her side. She was already looking at Tepig's data over her new poke'dex. She already seemed well versed using it. Mark had then touched my shoulder with his supple and elderly hands.

"It's your turn Mike," Mark said quietly. Mark had quickly began his repetitive trek inside the laboratory, this time I was following him. The professor's laboratory just showed how infamous her disorganized self was. Files were misplaced, file cabinets were just there swinging open, papers with numerical data were on the ground, notebooks were found everywhere in the room being already open to a certain page, and it smelled of coffee. She must have had a late morning. The only place that was tidy was the table that held the poke'balls for new trainers.

"Ah Mike, a local, it's nice to see you," Professor Silvia stated, appearing out of thin air. Her brown hair was in a messy pony tail and her famous orange eyes were shining brightly. I had handed my application to her and she read it over. She took one of the poke'balls off the table and then handed to me.

"Mike I know you're gay," Professor Silvia stated while I grabbed the ball.

Wait how did she know that? I only told my trusted friends, how could she know? I didn't tell anybody besides my trusted friends, how was it possible for her to find out?

"How…" I paused before regaining my composure, "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Well I hope you build up the courage you need," She smiled. She then started to rummage through her pocket and handed me a black poke'dex and five poke'balls, "Here are your poke'dex and your poke'balls. I suggest you release your Pokemon out of its Poke'ball, you might want to get to know it before you do anything else."

"Yeah, um," I stuttered and I stopped there. I looked at the poke'ball containing my Treecko in my hand and pressed the button in the middle. I held it out in front of me and the capturing device had opened. The familiar green, wood gecko, Hoenn starter, had materialized in front of me.

"Tree?"

"Hey, I'm Mike and... I'm your new trainer," I said shyly while bringing my hand forward. My voice had fluctuated and Treecko seemed to notice and took a step back. I looked at it and just felt sad. I couldn't even gain the trust of this Treecko because of my voice, maybe I wasn't cut out for this?

"Tree…"

I sighed sadly, "I'm sorry Treecko. I have a speaking problem."

"Tree?"

"It's hard for me to raise the volume and project my voice," I muttered sadly, "I know that a Pokemon like you would need a better trainer, but can you bear with me? I'll grow stronger, I promise..."

"Tree…" I felt a hand on my knee. Treecko had then started to rub my knee lightly, but its face turned away. I let out a small smile and then began to give out a low chuckle. I rubbed its head lightly and Treecko grumbled in response. I then began to check its data on the Poke'dex, I wasn't so interested in the data entry itself. I was looking for were the attacks.

"Pound and Leer," I mused loudly. Pound was a simple move like Tackle. Leer however was used to get Pokemon to open more weak spots by angering it. I breathed in and out, I already chose Treecko, not going to change my mind now.

"Now what am I going to name you," I sighed loudly. I was already going through possible names, but quickly etched them out. There was just always something wrong with each name I thought of. The nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it wasn't right or just some stupid excuse I would mentally make up.

"Ree?" Treecko said turning his head to the side.

"Ree…" I pondered slightly, just a simple syllable wasn't going to be good enough, but it was a good start. Thinking more and more, listing down possibilities in my head before shaking my head and throwing each idea out the window. The list of names got smaller and smaller until there was one name left.

"Rio, your name will be Rio, how does that sound?" I asked.

"Ree!"

I smiled and rubbed his head while Rio cried. It was nice to see him happy. Even if he was afraid of my fluctuating voice, it was nice to see him happy now.

"We really should get going," I said as I began to stretch. Rio began to copy, which I found amusing, "See you professor."

Last edited:

HunterZero

Years
    As Ether sat in front of the door he was becoming impatient. "Mark how much longer!?" Ether groaned. "Listen Ether patients is are great thing to practice," Mark said as he stood next to the impatient Ether. "Anyway it's your turn now go in," Mark said as he picked up the boy holding him up in the air. "Whoa mark when you get so strong?" Ether asked as he squirmed around. "Quit struggling," Mark sternly said as he opened the door to the lab and tossed him in. "Oww!" Ether growled as he hit the floor of the lab. "Hello?" Ether said getting up and scratching his head. "Oh hello Ether," Professor Silvia said as she brought a tray to a table in the lab. "Hey Ether I know a secret," Silvia said teasingly. "What?" Ether asked playing along. "I know secretly you were adopted," She began. Ether's facial expression went from playful to confusion. "What are you talking about?!" Ether asked his voice also sounding confused. "Ether I know it's hard to believe this but Garlin found you in the field not far from here in a basket with a note that said please take care of my son," Silvia finished as she took out a pokeball and a pokedex. "Anyway before you flip out here's your five pokeballs, three potions, a state of the art pokedex, and a map of Argeth," Silvia said handing him all those things. "And finally your starter Pokemon's pokeball here you go ," Silvia handed Ether the pokeball after he put those other things away. "Thank you Silvia I have to go take care of something," Ether said as he took the pokeball put it away and walked out the lab.

"Good luck on your journey," Silvia said as Ether left. As Ether walked out the lab he ignored everything and ran toward his house. "Hello Ether," His father said as Ether came close to the house. "Dad who are my real parents?" Ether asked a determined face. His father looked at Ether with a surprised face. "Silvia," His father said under his breath. "Listen Ether your mother and I found you in the fields just outside of town there was note saying please take care of you and nothing else I have no idea who your real parents are," His father answered with a concerned look. "When were you playing on telling me?" Ether asked now getting upset. "Never," His father answered. "Don't you think I should know that I was adopted?!" Ether yelled. "Ether please calm down we didn't tell you because you would react this way and we couldn't track you true parents," His father replied to Ether's anger. "You know what thanks dad I'll just get going then I already know the rules of the pokemon league here so I'll just get going," Ether said walking off. "Good Luck son be the best," His dad said as Ether walked off. "Yeah thanks Garlin I will be," Ether said walking off.

"Now I should go into the route right out of town and go to the pokemon gym nearest," Ether thought walking.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

Christian really hadnt formed an opinion on the trainers that surrounded him. They were off doing their own things, and so was he. But there was one who caught his attention over the others. He wasn't sure of the boys name, but he looked of similar age to Christian. He was a little on the short side, with slightly tanned skin and wore his hair in a faux hawk.

Inconspicuously, Christian watched the boy as he walked into the lab. And just as quickly as he grabbed his attention, he lost it to the rustling tree above. Keeping his composure, Christian looked up and took in the beautiful blue sky. There were hardly any clouds and only the faintest wind blew through Karamiku. It truly was a beautiful day.

Digging through his bag, he pulled out a bottle of water and took a few sips. Man. Today is the day. Im finally on my own, away from all the hustle and bustle of Goldenrod. After capping his bottled water, he sighed and closed his eyes.

"Thank God."

Last edited:

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    (OOC: I got permission to post this since DarkKnight has yet to post their part.)

Casey sat on the ground, picking pieces of grass mindlessly. She was imaging what her new grass-Pokémon would be like. She bet her Snivy would be perfect. She would raise it into a Serperior and conquer the entire Argeth region. She sighed. If only the last person in would hurry up so she could get her Pokémon from the professor.

Finally, the door of the lab opened and a boy walked out; it was the boy who was in the tree earlier. He didn't look very happy, for some reason. Casey wondered what Pokémon he had gotten. He started running away from the lab and eventually he was gone.

"Casey, you're next," Casey heard. It was the old man, Mark. She got up and brushed the grass from her dress.

"Great! I can't wait!" she said excitedly.

Mark led her inside. "Go straight ahead; she'll meet you up there."

Casey nodded and left Mark at the door. The lab was very messy, but Casey assumed the professor knew where everything was. After all, Casey's room at home in Striaton was a mess but she still knew where all her things were.

"Are you Casey?" a voice said, and Casey turned around. A woman was standing behind her, wearing a white lab coat. She had long black hair and bright orange eyes. Casey was actually struck by how beautiful she was.

"Y – Yes, are you Professor Silvia?" she said.

"I am. Please, come this way," Silvia said, waving Casey over to her. She went into a room off the main hall and Casey saw a row of Pokéball's sitting on the counter across the room. "You're from the Unova Region, right, Casey?" the professor asked.

"Yes, I was hoping to get a-"

"Snivy!" Silvia interrupted, picking up one of the Pokéball's and handing it to Casey.

"Yes..." Casey said, wondering how the Professor had known.

Professor Silvia opened a drawer on the counter and pulled out five other Pokéballs, along with a PokeDex. The PokeDex was red, like the old fashioned ones Casey knew of but had only seen on TV. Silvia leaned down towards Casey and Casey looked at her curiously. "Casey, I know you miss your mother, more than anyone knows. You love your dad and he took perfect care of you, but you still wish you had had that mother figure in your life growing up, especially through your teen years. The Argeth Region Championship is very difficult, but I wish you luck. Your mother will be proud of you no matter what, of course, but she'll be watching you."

Casey raised an eyebrow. How had Professor Silvia known how much she missed her mother? More than she ever showed. She had always been a strong girl, the death of her mother had made her stronger and she tried to be a happy and optimistic person. It was what her mother would have wanted. But she did miss her.

Casey took a deep breath. "Thank you, Professor."

The Professor winked at Casey. "You're welcome. By the way," she added, "that Snivy is a little rascal. Keep a careful eye on him."

Casey put her extra Pokéball's and PokeDex in her bag, keeping the Pokéball of her new Snivy in her hand. She left the lab and stepped back out into the sunlight.

"Casey," Mark said as she left the lab. "If you go down that path," he pointed, "you'll reach the house of the home of Garlin Volke. He's the league representative, he'll give you some info about the championship. Have fun," Mark said.

Casey nodded, smiling. "Thank you, sir!" She left and headed towards the path Mark had pointed out. When she knew she was out of sight of any of the other trainers waiting to get their Pokémon, she pressed the button on the Pokéball and it popped open. A flash of red light made its way to the ground, and when it faded, Casey saw a little Snivy standing there. It had its eyes closed, arms crossed, and its nose was stuck in the air in defiance.

"Well aren't you charming?" Casey said, kneeling down so she was more level with the small Pokémon. "I'm Casey, your new trainer!" she said enthusiastically. The Snivy opened one eye to peek at Casey with.

"Snivy, Sni!" it said, nose still in the air. Casey put out a hand, hoping the Snivy would see it as a sign of friendship. "Snivy!" the small Pokémon seemed to yell, pushing her hand away.

"That wasn't very nice," Casey said. "Okay, get back in the Pokéball until we can find something to battle for our first time!" she said, again excitedly. She hoped that ignoring the Snivy's behaviour and acting perfectly happy would put the Snivy in a better mood. She held out the Pokéball. "Return!" The flash of light shot towards Snivy, but it jumped out of the way and shook its head, giving Casey a dirty look. "You don't want to go in the Pokéball?" The Snivy shook its head again and Casey sighed. "Okay, if you really don't want to, I suppose you can walk with me. As long as you behave!" she said.

"Snivy Sni!" it said, as if promising her it would. Casey turned and began walking down the path towards Garlin Volke's house. Snivy followed obediently. She just hoped he would continue to listen to her.

"I'll call you Charming," she said, to herself more than to Snivy. It was a complete contradiction; Snivy was anything but charming, but she liked it.

(OOC: I'll post my conversation with Garlin Volke in my next part since this is pretty long already. :))

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    OOC: ( Im very sorry for not posting this sooner, I have not had access to a computer for a while so please forgive me. I will also post my garlin volke part later.)

As Jade saw Mark and Casey come out of the lab he thought It must be my turn now, about time! Mark kindly said to Jade "Its your turn next young man, please go inside now." "Thank you Mark" Jade said politely as he walked inside the lab.

As he walked in he saw Prof. Silvia he noticed she had wavy brown hair and beautiful orange eyes, he also saw how disorganized the lab still was. Navigating his ways through machinery and papers he finally met the Prof.

"Hello your Jade Walker am I correct?" She said as she held out her hand. "Yes I am nice to meet you Prof. Silvia" Jade said shaking het hand lighlty."
    "Now down to business, about my pokemon I was thinking on gett-" Prof. Silvia had cut Jade off by saying "I know you think your father abandoned your family Jade. And don't worry your mother and brother aren't mad at you for leaving them again their actually quite proud of you." He looked puzzled for awhile. After a few seconds of silence Jade with a serious face said "How would you know something like that?"

"Dont worry Jade you'll find out in do time" Prof. Silvia had replied "And as for your pokemon I already know which one you want, a mudkip am I correct?" She said while handing him a pokeball along with a map and some potions. "Yes I wanted a mudkip" He said as his eyes veered off to the left. "You should release your pokemon and get know it as soon as possible, he'll be a great partner and friend" She said with smile on her face.

"Now what you need to do is go to the pokemon league representatives house Garlin Volke so you can sign up for the league and learn its rules, Mark will show you the way." She said as Jade started to walk away still creeped out a bit.

As jade walked outside Mark pointed down a dirt path "Thats the way to Garlin Volke's house" He said with a kind smile on his face. "Thanks for telling me Mark" Jade yelled as he sprinted down the path. Stopping half way down the path he decided to meet his new partner for the first time.

"Come on out Mudkip!" Jade said in an excited tone, he tossed the ball in the air and in a flash of light out came a Mudkip. "Mud kip kip!" it exclaimed snuggling up tp Jades leg. "Hey im Jade your new trainer, you want to travel with me so we can become stronger together?" he said with grin on his face "Mudkip Mudkip!" It saide jumping up in Jades shoulder. "Alright lets go buddy, but first let me see what moves you know."

He pulls out his pokedex to check Mudkip. Mudkip the Mud Fish pokemon it knows tackle and growl. "Hmmm tackle and growl those are decent moves" He said to Mudkip. "Ok now lets head to Garlin Volkes house to register for the league!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

OOC: I removed my guys middle name. it just didn't suit him. Lol. btw, ill probably turn this chapter into two or three posts. hope you dont mind, op. :)

After watching and anxiously waiting for the girl in a blue dress to reappear in the front of the lab, Christians wish became a reality. She walked through the front doors and began on her way to her next destination. Unsure if he was to see her ever again, he silently wished her good luck on her journey.

But now that the girl had exited the lab, it was Christians turn to enter. And with a simple wave of Marks hand, Christian dusted off his pants and walked through the automatic double doors.

To his surprise, the lab was not as clean as he imagined. Stacks of books littered every shelf and desk, while boxes of papers still seemed to be unpacked. Amazingly, the only signs of trash were crumpled paper balls that had made home by half-empty recycle bins. After examining the untidy lab, Christian inhaled, ready to call out for the professor. "Professor Silv—"

"Ahh. Christian. Just the boy I wanted to see."

Surprised and slightly shocked, Christian turned around and was amazed by what he saw: a beautiful woman with long, eggplant-colored hair and stunning orange eyes, complete with the stereotype lab coat and thick-rimmed glasses.

"I see you are surprised. Don't worry, ill try not to startle you next time we meet."

Picking his jaw up from the floor, Christian composed himself and simple stated, "I came here for my starter Pokemon."

"Why of course you did. Here," The professor said as she turned around and pulled out a box of Pokeballs. "Choose."

Confused, the boy decided not to question Ms. Silvia and reached for the nearest Pokeball.

"Ahh. Chikorita. How fitting, seeing how youre so docile and calm, just like her."

"How do you know what Pokemon is inside of the Pokeball?" The confused teenager asked.

"How do I know that your parents had only the best intentions when they moved to Goldenrod? How do I know you always disagree with everyones opinion, even if you agree?"

The boy waited, as if the professor was going to answer the questions she asked.

"Well, you really should be going. I have much to do, if you couldn't tell." And with a wink and a smile, she began reorganizing the stacks of books and boxes of paper as if Christian had already left.

Back