• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chromatite(Spherians Project)

What do you think of the battle system?

• Perfect

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Good

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Stick to the original pokemon one

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Total Crap

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
[_DarkDragon_] said:
thanks, the rest of the team also helped a lot :)

Using Sphere & Gamemaker to make one game? how does that work?

sorry, i didnt explain, using sphere for games that i can work on okay, then gamemaker for those ones which i cant work with sphere. i cant use RM2K3 or RMXP because you have to pay for them.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
great! :D
actually, it is possible to make a sphere game in both sphere and gamemaker at the same time, as sphere supports opening other files from inside the game itself, so if you wanted to do your battle system in game maker you could but you would have to transfer all the info about teams, etc to game maker using a save file or something like that. much easier to just do the game in sphere :P

Sion

Somber Soul
Years
I'm realy, really late. So I'll say it now, I'm really looking forward to possibly learning JavaScript and making a pokemon game in sphere. But I really think you should stick to the original battle system if you arent. If you really are making a starterkitt than thats what most people will want, Just a thought.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
yeah, that could maybe work, but it means swapping between the both of them, wasting time. thanks anyway Dark Dragon :)

another question: how do i give credit to people? sorry, im only a newbie at this.

Last edited:

Joey the Cockroach

Years
Budgie_boy said:
Well, everytime you show/use it you must say who did the resource (Tileset/sprite/music/ETC).

i cant do it, im useless. this is the only thing i cant do is give credit. i dont think i deserve to be on here. i just cant do it. i might not even start making those games now. i just cant cope. *cries*

Last edited:

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
Years
One Topic:
Really sorry I keep forgetting about the sprites guys.

Sonic 15 Problem:
Sonic 15 said:
i cant do it, im useless. this is the only thing i cant do is give credit. i dont think i deserve to be on here. i just cant do it. i might not even start making those games now. i just cant cope. *cries*
Now, now there there. We all start somewhere... I can always give you some help/advice on any subject (as long as it's not personal), but you must be willing to learn...
Everyone has a chance to do something they want to do in their lives so if you want to do something then JUST DO IT...lol

Here is an example of me crediting some one else (Note that I edited one of avatars sprites to make it look like myself):

"The attachment below was an edit of AVATARs sprites by ME!"

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
exactly, giving credit is one of the easiest stuff. all you do is at the end of the game put something like:

GRAPHICS by:
- someone
- someone else

etc, you basically just reference everyone from who you used resources from or anyone who helped you with something :)

Joey the Cockroach

Years
oh, right, at the credits? i didnt know. *eyebrows raised* i thought it was done like something else, like giving credit once you use them? but what if you dont see any names or please give credit, is it all right to take? i dont know. x_x (thanks for cheering me up guys)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
i am really excited about this game

the starter kit will be a great help, cause i am actually hoping to learn how to use sphere for my next game. This will be a great thing if you guys do this. I am lookin forward to it, and i bet you alot more aswell.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
that's a great idea to put up a starter kit since there's a lot of people startin to use sphere now including me so this will help out a lot.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
Budgie_boy said:
Well, giving credit is just a very nice and honourable thing to do...
So it IS advised to find out who did it and give credit to that person.

oh right, but it doesnt say, now thats the hard bit, finding out who did it!

RMXPokemaniac

Dreamweaver
Years
A starter kit? That's a great Idea Dark_Dragon! I can't wait until it comes out! Well I know it'll help me out a lot, and probably
hundreds of other sphere noob's as well.

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
It went well, now I am gonna work on the trainer card with support for all badges, then I might go out with some friends and later work on the bag :)

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Good to hear youre exam went well lol
The game is looking great, cant wait for new screens and a starterkit is a brillant idea !

Good luck and Keep up the good work !

Back