• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
Hey Spherical Ice, Just wanted to say the patch works beautiful. It took me quite a bit to get back to were i was due to my brother getting into my room and closing out the VBA. I didn't even save the state. My little brother decided that it would be funny to do that and it got him a punch in the shoulder. He may be annoying but he's family. Anyway, i will let you know if i find anymore bugs that need to be fixed for people to progress in the game.

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
Hey Spherical Ice found another bug. The bug appeared in the Gold Desert's cave. When i exited and got the gold pokeball that requires HM06 i went back in and the game had a black screen. The music was still running. And when i tried to move i heard bumps all around me. I could not take a single step.

Years
Hey Spherical Ice found another bug. The bug appeared in the Gold Desert's cave. When i exited and got the gold pokeball that requires HM06 i went back in and the game had a black screen. The music was still running. And when i tried to move i heard bumps all around me. I could not take a single step.
Fixed! If you have a save state in Gold Ridge, you'll need to exit and re-enter the map in order to fix the bug when you redownload. Sorry!
I patch the game like you said but i talk to the flower lady but it go to a black screen. I patch both of ups files too. the one i use first was 1.21 than 1.2
I think you should just delete everything and patch completely clean. I forgot to remove the older patches and that obviously confused you.

Years
How can i evolve scyther and piloswine(does piloswine learn ancientpower in this game) thanks in advance.

It's in the readme, and this spoiler.
Spoiler:

Years
I've fixed some bugs and done some remapping. The very glitchy and kind of unnecessary SideSystem has been removed. The sidequests now just give items - I think that whole concept was kind of dumb. Please redownload.

Years
This wouldn't work for me on something like an EZ-Flash IV, right? Just wondering since you are suggesting using save states

Many people have been able to get ingame saving to work so I think something is up with the ROM, not emulators, so I can't guarantee it working. Sorry about that ):

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
This hack looks very promising! I mean, a Fakemon Remover Patch? That's awesome! I think more hacks should have something like that.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2022
Many people have been able to get ingame saving to work so I think something is up with the ROM, not emulators, so I can't guarantee it working. Sorry about that ):

I noticed something strange and this might be the reason it's difficult to get in game saving to work. When I examine the properly patched Pokemon Cobalt rom with GBATA, I noticed I get the following:

"Save Type: NONE"

I have noticed a similar issue when using the EZ-Flash Client. The save information by default is 256k, whereas a clean rom of something like Pokemon FireRed or Emerald or whatever is 1024k. Not sure if that's what the issue is, but it very well could be

Pokecommunity won't let me post any URL's so I can PM you the images if you would like

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2017
Hey! I started playing today and i noticed a bug: when you start the game, talk to your mom and get out of the house and go check the mail box hitting the "foward key" (up /\ ) a "landing" animation plays (like when you use fly).
Anyway, great hack and you did such an amazing job by adding the 4th&5th Gen moves to the game, really improves the gameplay experience... and the 64x64 sprites... perfect!

Years
I noticed something strange and this might be the reason it's difficult to get in game saving to work. When I examine the properly patched Pokemon Cobalt rom with GBATA, I noticed I get the following:

I have noticed a similar issue when using the EZ-Flash Client. The save information by default is 256k, whereas a clean rom of something like Pokemon FireRed or Emerald or whatever is 1024k. Not sure if that's what the issue is, but it very well could be

Pokecommunity won't let me post any URL's so I can PM you the images if you would like

I haven't tested this out yet, but have you sent the ROM to the EZ-Flash IV with it manually changed to 1024Kbits and FLASH save? Maybe the header for the game was changed, so the client doesn't recognize the game as Pokemon FireRed. I believe this is what DestinedJagold did with his hack too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2022
I haven't tested this out yet, but have you sent the ROM to the EZ-Flash IV with it manually changed to 1024Kbits and FLASH save? Maybe the header for the game was changed, so the client doesn't recognize the game as Pokemon FireRed. I believe this is what DestinedJagold did with his hack too.

Yes, I manually changed it to FLASH memory and 1024k, but sadly it didn't work =\ I remember when I first tried to load ShinyGold on my EZ-Flash IV, I needed to fix the header and it worked, but there isn't an option to fix the header in this rom within GBATA for whatever reason

Years
This hack looks very promising! I mean, a Fakemon Remover Patch? That's awesome! I think more hacks should have something like that.
Thanks.

Yes, I manually changed it to FLASH memory and 1024k, but sadly it didn't work =\ I remember when I first tried to load ShinyGold on my EZ-Flash IV, I needed to fix the header and it worked, but there isn't an option to fix the header in this rom within GBATA for whatever reason
Well, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the ROM itself but I'm not sure how to even start to fix it.

Hey! I started playing today and i noticed a bug: when you start the game, talk to your mom and get out of the house and go check the mail box hitting the "foward key" (up /\ ) a "landing" animation plays (like when you use fly).
Anyway, great hack and you did such an amazing job by adding the 4th&5th Gen moves to the game, really improves the gameplay experience... and the 64x64 sprites... perfect!
Thanks for that bug, I didn't catch that.

love it so much right now, i am playing it.
Thanks.

This looks really good. :P I wouldn't have downloaded
the beta had I not known it was 4 gyms length :P.
Looking forward to playing it GG
Thanks.

Now, I've been doing some rearranging of the maps. Instead of entering Hoenn via Fallarbor Town, which, with some thought, makes little sense seeing as that part is a mountain range, you enter via the much more logical Slateport City. As such, Garnet's gym is now in Slateport City. Additionally, this means that Hoenn Port is at the north of Felith, instead of the south. This prompted me to reorganise Felith completely, which has made some of the maps change order.

I've also mapped out almost all of Hoenn, with only the areas from Fortree City through to Lilycove City being unmapped (excluding the water areas, which I'm still on the fence about including.)

Have some screenshots.

Wx6jvTz.png
KXiZIZI.png

The new Felith map, and an updated Corona Walk.

aC6bBbh.png
cbzUMOz.png
kZZJLt7.png

Hoenn, Slateport City, and Slate Shore.

FCESSFE.png

Mauville City.

CY7eRxl.png
l0rbaZm.png
qRFtRlh.png

Verdanturf Town, Rustturf Tunnel, and Rustboro City.

xODlCaN.png
Fvr6h2B.png

Chimney Valley and Fiery Path.

K7xyw3A.png
1PCrZLO.png

Petalburg Woods and Littleroot Town.​

Just for clarification, this stuff isn't in the download yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back