• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
There's a minor text error in Gary's house, when you click on the map. It says "Kanto region".

And the Taillow sprite in the Pokedex when you press "Next data" (which shows the map and size) is wrong (it shows a Tentacool instead)

I like this hack so far! What is the length of the next beta?
I've already fixed Taillow's icon and I should probably just remove Daisy and the map, it doesn't make much sense that it's there anyways. :P

Thanks! Beta 2 is 4 gyms long, twice the length of Beta 1.
Cant wait for beta 2 but please dont add many fakemon lol
Hey, what about beta 2? Is there any progress or brutal life get you and you're busy? :D
Beta 2 is pretty much done at this point but I'm just making a few adjustments and adding a few things to improve the quality.
-----------------------
Here's a little secret in beta 2 for anyone who's following the thread:
Y0ZPJ1d.png
cb31KT0.png

Bonus points if you can guess where it is. ;)

Rata

Pokemon Terra Firma Creator.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2020
Nice hack! I like everthyng.
Nothing to say.

Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I have another little update with some good and bad (or good as well, depending on how you look at it) news. I have inserted two small ASM hacks by Jambo51 into Cyan. First is the trainer facing fix, which means that you now actually face trainers when you get spotted, consistent with the other Pokemon games:
HVKRFw3.png

More importantly though, is that I have extended the number of usable flags in the game, which unfortunately means all savefiles will be incompatible with beta 2. This is something I wanted to avoid doing however this way it'll be a lot easier for me to hack in the long run. After this there will be no more major changes and so you won't need to worry about having to restart again. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 3, 2020
My god! This looks amazing! :D I can't wait for updates! This is very exciting~

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
VvTgdLP.png

Gym Leaders and Boss trainers now have their own mugshots before battle (still no custom sprites though), courtesy of Jambo51! I've been working on a few things like this and I'd like to apologize for pushing the release date of beta 2 back so much but I keep getting ideas and adding new things (like what I just posted). In the end when it's finished it'll hopefully be much better than what I was originally planning to release.
----------------
I'd also just like to remind everyone that I still need help with spriting, mainly trainer sprites. If you're interested in helping in any way please contact me via PM. I'd love to give the Gym Leaders custom sprites to match their new OWs that I haven't shown off yet. ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Unfortunately beta 1 savefiles are not compatible with beta 2. Read this post for an explanation as to why.

Pokemon Cyan Beta 2

Beta 2 is finally here! It took a lot longer than expected but delaying it meant I got to add a lot more content. Below is a list of new features and bugs/oddities.

As usual, to download the beta click here or go to the first post.

• New Content - Pokemon Cyan is now 4 GYMs long, and goes up to Aquamarine Pass.
  • New Battle Backgrounds - Brand new battle backgrounds to complement the new tiles
  • More Fakemon - A bunch of new exclusive fakemon in Celia
  • Additional moves, abilities, and items - thanks to MrDollSteak Cyan now has many more new abilities and moves from later gens, and new evolution stones added
  • Hidden Areas - Secret Areas in Cobalt Forest and Avalanche Mountain with rare Pokemon and items
  • Custom ASM - New routines have been inserted to make small improvements to the game - like pre-battle mugshots and the trainer facing fix
  • Updated Cries - Almost all Pokemon now have the correct cries (excluding fifth gen Pokemon and fakemon)
  • Berry trees now regrow when reentering the route

Bugs/Oddities

• A few Pokemon and fakemon still have old cries/icon
  • Fishing doesn't work in Avalanche Mountain
  • Pachirisu gives way too much exp.
  • The move Miracle Eye has the effect of torment
Please report any bugs you find on this thread!

It should be obvious when you reach the ending point, however it ends in Aquamarine Pass after the fourth GYM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
More Fakemon - hurray! I have to learn for exam, but beta 2 is finally finished. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
The poison status doesn't seem to be working. It doesn't seem to be reducing hp at all. I recorded a demonstration if you wanna see. Remove spaces

yout ube.com/watch?v=K5R Mwph2OKs&fe ature=youtu.be

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
Love it, decision based storyline HELL YES. The fakemon are also pretty nice, but I hope you can make something with some information about the fakemon ;). Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The poison status doesn't seem to be working. It doesn't seem to be reducing hp at all. I recorded a demonstration if you wanna see. Remove spaces

yout ube.com/watch?v=K5R Mwph2OKs&fe ature=youtu.be
Thanks, I just fixed it and reuploaded the beta. Download it again (here) and patch it to a clean ROM, then rename your savefile so it's the same as the ROM. :)

Can we use the battery save now?
What do you mean? Ingame save is working fine for me.

Anrin Deo Avis

BlaZing with Desire
Years
[/QUOTE]Here's a little secret in beta 2 for anyone who's following the thread:
Y0ZPJ1d.png
cb31KT0.png

Bonus points if you can guess where it is. ;)[/QUOTE]
Found found its in cobalt forest
e0bhnwE.png

Years
Thanks, I just fixed it and reuploaded the beta. Download it again (here) and patch it to a clean ROM, then rename your savefile so it's the same as the ROM. :)

What do you mean? Ingame save is working fine for me.
I'm asking that because I've read that the ingame save in previous beta is currently bugged.. Glad that its's fixed!! Will play it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back