• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    I really enjoyed beta 2, loving the fakemon, and I found the Scyther! I much prefer your fakes to him though, they look exotic and really suit the region. I'd love to see the OW's eventually changed, and one bug is the pikachu you can trade for has a nickname but then it goes blank. (blank) used Thundershock for example.

Not a major bug but the lil ones can often cause big ones. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    A new patch is out yes are you going to release a new patch after 2 gyms you are pretty fast with updates 2 months with a 2nd beta out is pretty fast if you ask me.
    Correct, every two GYMs I'll probably release a new beta.
    I'm asking that because I've read that the ingame save in previous beta is currently bugged.. Glad that its's fixed!! Will play it now :)
    I have no idea where you read that as it hasn't been reported. The game save is working perfectly for me and everyone else who's played as far as I know.
    I really enjoyed beta 2, loving the fakemon, and I found the Scyther! I much prefer your fakes to him though, they look exotic and really suit the region. I'd love to see the OW's eventually changed, and one bug is the pikachu you can trade for has a nickname but then it goes blank. (blank) used Thundershock for example.

Not a major bug but the lil ones can often cause big ones. :D
    Thanks, glad you like the fakemon! I'll try to fix that name problem in the trade for the next beta, in the meantime though you can also catch a Pikachu at Teal Path.

Years
  • Oh God, I'm completely sorry about the issue that I said earlier... I got this mixed up with Pokemon Cobalt.. This and Cobalt are hacks that I haven't play but interest me the most... I'm terribly sorry for mixing it up......

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Bualder's "Sheer Force" ability seems to be malfunctioning. I used mud-slap and it still reduced accuracy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Baulders have also another problem. Grass attacks sometimes are super effective against them, sometimes not.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Bualder's "Sheer Force" ability seems to be malfunctioning. I used mud-slap and it still reduced accuracy.

Hrm I guess I didn't include that in the Sheer Force table. I'll look at it again for next release of my rombase.
    TBH I wouldn't reaally call that malfunctioning though.
    Just a few moves aren't triggering the effect.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2014
    It would be nice if Fakemon were no longer called "Fakemon" but Pseudomon. It just sounds better to me.
    Also I cannot wait to play the full version of this hack. It look fantastic! Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    I started playing this a little while ago, and so far it's been fantastic. I like the fakemon a lot more than I thought I would. However, there are just a few nitpicks I have, most of them grammatical.

yMpXN0s.png

Should be "That's a move that buries the enemy in rocks."

XXVesPv.png

The J, K, and L are slightly unaligned, leading to strange cursor position like this.

39viCec.png

There are two separate clauses, so you need a period. However, I'm not quite sure what tone you're trying to go for here, so it could really either be "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. I guess I should get back to my Gym now." or "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, I guess. I should get back to my Gym now." (I totally read it as the latter when I saw it, but whatever.)

Also, I understand it's for level balancing purposes, but I can't be the only one who thinks it's a teensy-bit strange that one of Tyron's gym trainers has a pokemon that's stronger than his?

On the whole, however, the game has been fantastic and I can't wait to keep playing.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Baulders have also another problem. Grass attacks sometimes are super effective against them, sometimes not.

That's because they have the Solid Rock ability.
    Some of them will be taking less damage from Grass attacks because of Solid Rock.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Oh, Solid Rock, I didn't think about this. Thanks. :D

Btw, I have the same question as before, when beta 1 was released. I try to catch and evolve all fakemons, so I will be grateful if someone from the team couuld confirm that I have all fakemons and evolve them in final form.
    Expleetle (lvl 40), Ruffski (lvl 40), Dredrock (lvl 36), Ribivine (lvl 36), Sealob (lvl 28), Ribbing (lvl 28). I also have Crabble, but I didn't have motivation to evolve him. :P

New Fakemons are great. I love Ruffski, Dredrock's color pallete for me is very intresting and Ribivine is this kind of pokemon I like - high speed and special attack. :D But the best is Fumystic/Fumeseous.*.*

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    ^ I have all of those pokemon and have levelled Crabble he is so cute <3
    However....

Where did you catch Ruffski, I seem to be missing him!

(I only use fakemon and "event" pokemon...such as the Scyther and Pikachu)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Ruffski is cute, arctic dog (doge? husky-doge? :D), so you can find it in Snowcrest Path. ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    Continuation of my last post! I just finished Beta 2, and it was amazingly good as I had been hoping. There were only a few things I spotted, most in the last bit of the game:

x3HtypS.png

What a jerk. This guy starts walking around after you get the NeverMeltIce.

CMRQBVY.png

Nature Power turns into Hydro Pump in the cave for some reason?

R2DgkAV.png

I'm Tormented here for some reason. After going more through the gym, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the Kadabras.

Overall, though, the game was amazingly fun and I'll be watching for another beta and any updates.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Will i be able to continue were i left off because for some reason i had to start over in beta 2
    No you won't have to restart in any further betas. You had to restart in beta 2 because I expanded the amount of flags.
    It would be nice if Fakemon were no longer called "Fakemon" but Pseudomon. It just sounds better to me.
    Also I cannot wait to play the full version of this hack. It look fantastic! Keep it up!
    I get what you're saying but there's nowhere in the actual game where they're referenced to as fakemon. They're treated as real Pokemon. I just say fakemon because that's the widely used term and it would just be confusing for everyone I called them something else.
    I started playing this a little while ago, and so far it's been fantastic. I like the fakemon a lot more than I thought I would. However, there are just a few nitpicks I have, most of them grammatical.

yMpXN0s.png

Should be "That's a move that buries the enemy in rocks."

XXVesPv.png

The J, K, and L are slightly unaligned, leading to strange cursor position like this.

39viCec.png

There are two separate clauses, so you need a period. However, I'm not quite sure what tone you're trying to go for here, so it could really either be "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. I guess I should get back to my Gym now." or "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, I guess. I should get back to my Gym now." (I totally read it as the latter when I saw it, but whatever.)

Also, I understand it's for level balancing purposes, but I can't be the only one who thinks it's a teensy-bit strange that one of Tyron's gym trainers has a pokemon that's stronger than his?

On the whole, however, the game has been fantastic and I can't wait to keep playing.
    Thanks for the report, I'll make sure to fix those. The nickname screen is because of the new font and I'm not quite sure how to fix that unfortunately.

Which one is that? From memory the Gym Trainers only have Machop and Meditite.
    Oh, Solid Rock, I didn't think about this. Thanks. :D

Btw, I have the same question as before, when beta 1 was released. I try to catch and evolve all fakemons, so I will be grateful if someone from the team couuld confirm that I have all fakemons and evolve them in final form.
    Expleetle (lvl 40), Ruffski (lvl 40), Dredrock (lvl 36), Ribivine (lvl 36), Sealob (lvl 28), Ribbing (lvl 28). I also have Crabble, but I didn't have motivation to evolve him. :P

New Fakemons are great. I love Ruffski, Dredrock's color pallete for me is very intresting and Ribivine is this kind of pokemon I like - high speed and special attack. :D But the best is Fumystic/Fumeseous.*.*
    You've got all of them! Dredrock has another evolution at lvl 48 but that would be a bit of a grind to get to since there there aren't that many good training spots for your levels. The next beta will fix that problem, with a special tournament that you can repeat as much as you want. :)
    Continuation of my last post! I just finished Beta 2, and it was amazingly good as I had been hoping. There were only a few things I spotted, most in the last bit of the game:

x3HtypS.png

What a jerk. This guy starts walking around after you get the NeverMeltIce.

CMRQBVY.png

Nature Power turns into Hydro Pump in the cave for some reason?

R2DgkAV.png

I'm Tormented here for some reason. After going more through the gym, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the Kadabras.

Overall, though, the game was amazingly fun and I'll be watching for another beta and any updates.
    Fixed the first one, I know what's causing Nature Power to be bugged as well. I haven't encountered the bug with Kadabra though.
    -------------------
    I've now started work on Beta 3 by completing Aquamarine Pass! A nice little seaside path where you can catch a few fakemon:

Avk6mmc.png
    MLaRuA1.png
    2cqVM7t.png

Next up is Aquamarine City! I'll be quite a big city including lots of things like the game corner, dept. store, and a new tournament with chances to win rare items and train your Pokemon. Let me know if you have any suggestions for Aquamarine or feedback on the update. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Thanks for answer! New screenshots and new Fakemon look great! Lilabaa it's awesome and very.. Fairy. :D But I hope that in incoming beta Fumystic will be catchable, becouse so far it is my favourite Fakemon. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    I've checked all over Snowcrest path....can't find Ruffski for the life of me :/

Edit: I changed the time to night time on my PC (I only play in the mornings) and sure enough Ruffski came out to play :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    I grind a lot, so I evolve Dredrock and his evoulution is awesome. It looks like a better Tyranitar. :D Also I decide to complete Dex, which may be impossible, because of cost of eggs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back