• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I completed the beta.. It was really enjoyable.. Thanks for the game. My team at the end of beta are Typhlosion ,Weavile, Lucario ,Scizzor ,Roselia, Gyarados , Archeops and luxray

Also what are the eevee evolutions available?

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Oh awesome up to 7 badges this time! Hopefully on the weekend I'll have some spare time to play it. It seems I can continue with my old save file but I'm definitely going to start from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Updated the download again (hopefully for the last time) to fix a potential issue with the fifth gym leader's movesets. Also added shiny sprites for fakemon, improved TM compatibilities in general and a few other minor fixes. Download from the first post.

Corventina's Gyarados can use Selfdestruct. Not sure if that's a bug but uh...No yeah I'm fairly certain it's a bug.

EDIT: Okay haven't played through the whole thing yet but definitely enjoying what I've played so far, may do a Nuzlocke LP soon if I get the time. One thing I'd love to see in the next release though is a lot more Fakemon. I love the Fakemon there are right now but it just kind of feels like there are too few of them.
    Good catch, I was sure I fixed that one a while ago but guess not.

I'd love to see it! If you get around to it be sure to post a link in the thread. And yeah, I know there aren't a whole lot of Fakemon but I wanted to strike a good balance between them and the official ones, and at the same time make sure all the fakemon are high quality. After all, I'm sure everyone would prefer 30 quality fakemon to 150 garbage ones. Remember it's still a beta, there are a few more coming!
    Ah seeing the prof sprites ingame makes me happy, glad they fit.
    credits though? ;]
    Sorry, I'm in a bad habit of not updating my credits list! :(
    I completed the beta.. It was really enjoyable.. Thanks for the game. My team at the end of beta are Typhlosion ,Weavile, Lucario ,Scizzor ,Roselia, Gyarados , Archeops and luxray

Also what are the eevee evolutions available?
    Just the original three are available. Nice team!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    i have a problem. who is the rocket guy which flee to snowcrest city. or how i come into the 5. gym

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • So good I played through it twice. Was good and evil. I noticed a bug. Brine is broken. It hit my Vaporeon with water absorb, hit my Murkrow while he was in air, and hit my Dredrock after I used dig and was underground.
    I didn't use the updated beta you released yesterday though. I got a pic of Gyarados using self destroy was gonna report that too but no reason too but the pic is funny.
    Spoiler:

Few things that bugged me.

1.Fly is 70 power when it should be upped to 90. You upped up Mega Gain and Giga Drain.

2.Murkrow didn't learn Sucker Punch at level 55. I waited until level 55 to evolve my Murkrow and it was annoying to have to cancel his evolution each level up. Maybe throw an Everstone in somewhere early in game. I didn't mind not getting Sucker Punch since I got Night Slash after he evolved at level 55.

3.A game corner would of been nice.

Also here are screenies of my teams.
    Spoiler:

EDIT:
    Nice team!
    His team was more then 6 Pokemon though?
    17.%20disbelief.gif
    How does that work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    I'm really enjoying the hack so far, but although I have one criticism / plea, as well as a bug report. The issue that I have is that the game lacks any sort of easily accessible water type or surf slave. Once I beat the Aquamarine gym and realized I had to have something with surf in my party to progress, I was forced to backtrack all the way to the beginning of the game to grab a Zigzagoon (although even that took some Ruby HM-slave memories, and it was a pain since I can't find the Fly HM; it's also not the most intuitive thing to know that you only have to go back to Snowcrest Path to get a Sneasal / Cubchoo, heavily physical Ice types, to get a Surf slave) so I could move onward. I feel like this could be easily remedied by making the Good Rod available in Aquamarine City, or allowing Kelprawn to learn Surf by HM, or adding a generic water type at common on the Old Rod.
    The bug that I wanted to report is just a visual error. In the battle stadium, the shop displays that I needed 80 bp for a Lucky Egg, but didn't allow me to buy it until I had earned, and was willing to pay pay 96 bp.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Download has once again been updated with a few more fixes. I decreased the amount of money you get from Rocket grunts, and also removed Rare Candies from sale at the Rocket HQ. Also fixed a few bugs mentioned below. I probably won't be updating the download again unless a major game breaking bug is discovered.
    So good I played through it twice. Was good and evil. I noticed a bug. Brine is broken. It hit my Vaporeon with water absorb, hit my Murkrow while he was in air, and hit my Dredrock after I used dig and was underground.
    I didn't use the updated beta you released yesterday though. I got a pic of Gyarados using self destroy was gonna report that too but no reason too but the pic is funny.
    Spoiler:

Few things that bugged me.

1.Fly is 70 power when it should be upped to 90. You upped up Mega Gain and Giga Drain.

2.Murkrow didn't learn Sucker Punch at level 55. I waited until level 55 to evolve my Murkrow and it was annoying to have to cancel his evolution each level up. Maybe throw an Everstone in somewhere early in game. I didn't mind not getting Sucker Punch since I got Night Slash after he evolved at level 55.

3.A game corner would of been nice.

Also here are screenies of my teams.
    Spoiler:

EDIT:
    His team was more then 6 Pokemon though?
    17.%20disbelief.gif
    How does that work.
    I increased Fly's BP to 90, and yeah Murkrow's moveset is a bit different in Cyan. Thanks for the reports!

Your teams look good too, only 4 Pokemon though!
    i have a problem. who is the rocket guy which flee to snowcrest city. or how i come into the 5. gym
    The rocket guy in snowcrest is just a sidequest. Have you been to the Rocket HQ yet? If so you need to go to Devon Corp, afterwards the gym will be unlocked.
    I'm really enjoying the hack so far, but although I have one criticism / plea, as well as a bug report. The issue that I have is that the game lacks any sort of easily accessible water type or surf slave. Once I beat the Aquamarine gym and realized I had to have something with surf in my party to progress, I was forced to backtrack all the way to the beginning of the game to grab a Zigzagoon (although even that took some Ruby HM-slave memories, and it was a pain since I can't find the Fly HM; it's also not the most intuitive thing to know that you only have to go back to Snowcrest Path to get a Sneasal / Cubchoo, heavily physical Ice types, to get a Surf slave) so I could move onward. I feel like this could be easily remedied by making the Good Rod available in Aquamarine City, or allowing Kelprawn to learn Surf by HM, or adding a generic water type at common on the Old Rod.
    The bug that I wanted to report is just a visual error. In the battle stadium, the shop displays that I needed 80 bp for a Lucky Egg, but didn't allow me to buy it until I had earned, and was willing to pay pay 96 bp.
    I see your point, Kelprawn should now be able to learn surf. Hopefully that'll make it a bit more useful. Fly can also be found in Emerald Town, incase you haven't got it yet.

You're actually meant to be able to buy the Lucky Egg for 80, it was originally 96 until I decided to change it. Thanks for the report!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    The rocket guy in snowcrest is just a sidequest. Have you been to the Rocket HQ yet? If so you need to go to Devon Corp, afterwards the gym will be unlocked.

in which town was the rocket hq? i have played the beta 2 some month ago

pokeball z

blaze
    Years
  • Wow man truly one of the greatest hacks i have ever seen i am new in pokecommunity i so far i am loving it hope u continue the project thanks bye.

Awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I just wanted to say that this is my favorite ROM hack I've ever played so far. It's really good everything about it. The map, the story, the advancements, the characters, the new Pokemon everything. Well done! :)

I'm at the 5th gym leader btw :P Trying to figure out how to fight her because she's not there and the guy keeps sending me out of the gym. :/

Last edited:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • Can we maybe get a doc of the fakemon so we can know which ones are in the game and how to evolve them if it's not to much to ask :).

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2023
    Hi, i have a problem to save my game, when i want to save, i can read this message:
    "please exchange the backup memory"
    I play with my phone (Xperia Z3), My Boy! apps;
    Someone can help me ?

PS: sorry for my bad english, i'm a french guy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Hi, sorry if i missed an answer to these questions but my Porygon2 is currently at level 50 and still hasn't evolved to Porygon-z. In an earlier post i saw that it was supposed to evolve at level 40.

I would also like to ask how to evolve Magmar into Magmortar?

Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    So the game froze several times ( only during battle) (beta 3)i really hope that you'll fix this issue .. because i really love this game.. thanx

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back