• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    miksy91 I just LOVE dark energy. It's simply amazing. The best Rom hack for gbc I've ever played. I hope you continue to make this game the best. Can't say it enough, simply amazing. Great story, great true RPG elements.
    Thank you VanillaMisk :)

Not totally sure what you meant here "I hope you continue to make this game the best", but I will definitely continue putting effort into this hack and try to finish it. As of how the progress has been going on recently, sounds really doable to get this hack done someday :)

By the way... I was planning to record a video where I would show how certain things will work differently in the next release from how they are in beta 4.1. I have fixed some minor bugs that most people never run into, but also enhanced several scripts and made them work differently. As an example, the concept behind 'Secret of Adria' sidequest was pretty good but didn't turn out that well in beta 4.1. Now I have re-done how it works and you won't have to reset the clock anymore to finish it. Instead, you have to beat Neal who tells you have become really strong and could be called a 'master' yourself from now on. And instead of Neal giving you the Page, it is actually obtained from elsewhere now.

So there have been some functional changes between beta 4.1 and the next release as well. And how it looks like right now, beta 4.1 save file will be mostly compatible with the next release, but there will also be things that don't function accurately if beta 4.1 save file is used with it.

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

https://www.facebook.com/ichigo.bleach.shinigamiII
    Years
    Thank you VanillaMisk :)

Not totally sure what you meant here "I hope you continue to make this game the best", but I will definitely continue putting effort into this hack and try to finish it. As of how the progress has been going on recently, sounds really doable to get this hack done someday :)

By the way... I was planning to record a video where I would show how certain things will work differently in the next release from how they are in beta 4.1. I have fixed some minor bugs that most people never run into, but also enhanced several scripts and made them work differently. As an example, the concept behind 'Secret of Adria' sidequest was pretty good but didn't turn out that well in beta 4.1. Now I have re-done how it works and you won't have to reset the clock anymore to finish it. Instead, you have to beat Neal who tells you have become really strong and could be called a 'master' yourself from now on. And instead of Neal giving you the Page, it is actually obtained from elsewhere now.

So there have been some functional changes between beta 4.1 and the next release as well. And how it looks like right now, beta 4.1 save file will be mostly compatible with the next release, but there will also be things that don't function accurately if beta 4.1 save file is used with it.
    Well i also edit some of the data of your rom hahaha by the way change some tm moves buddy

miksy91

Years
    What I meant is I hope you keep working to finish dark energy. It's my favorite Rom hack for gbc. I can't wait to see more hacks from you miksy91
    Thank you! :)
    There will be no other rom hacks from me I believe. Dark Energy is very time consuming hack to finish and I'm quite old for this scene anyhow. So I'll just get it done someday and that's it I think. I will most likely keep enhancing it even after it is done though, but not starting anything totally new.

Well i also edit some of the data of your rom hahaha by the way change some tm moves buddy
    I don't think I will change any TM moves. The main reason for this is that it's time consuming and I don't like doing that kind of stuff. Changing the moves requires also changing whether every single pokemon can learn that specific move or not. That kind of editing just gets annoying really quickly. Also, if I didn't plan that out perfectly before doing so, some people would come complaining, why some pokemon cannot learn 'this move' and some can which should not. And paying attention to these kind of things is just waste of time.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
    I still remember one of the very early versions back in early 2012/late 2011. It was still in a early stage back then (I assume so) and I didn't play much of it, but it was one of the very few 2nd/1st GEN hacks I've enjoyed. Very good work.

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

https://www.facebook.com/ichigo.bleach.shinigamiII
    Years
    There will be no other rom hacks from me I believe. Dark Energy is very time consuming hack to finish and I'm quite old for this scene anyhow. So I'll just get it done someday and that's it I think. I will most likely keep enhancing it even after it is done though, but not starting anything totally new.

I don't think I will change any TM moves. The main reason for this is that it's time consuming and I don't like doing that kind of stuff. Changing the moves requires also changing whether every single pokemon can learn that specific move or not. That kind of editing just gets annoying really quickly. Also, if I didn't plan that out perfectly before doing so, some people would come complaining, why some pokemon cannot learn 'this move' and some can which should not. And paying attention to these kind of things is just waste of time.

you could atleast change fire blast,thunder and blizzard tm's to flamethrower,thunderbolt and ice beam thay wont required much of the editing and you wont have to edit other pokemons move set too

miksy91

Years
    Hi,
    Been on a vacation for two weeks and got home yesterday. Progress on DE will probably continue this weekend so not like I had quit after making it for a short while or anything :)
    I still remember one of the very early versions back in early 2012/late 2011. It was still in a early stage back then (I assume so) and I didn't play much of it, but it was one of the very few 2nd/1st GEN hacks I've enjoyed. Very good work.
    I believe I had only released a small demo out then :)
    If you remember fighting a lady for getting Bulbasaur and not much else, then that was the demo then. If it had more content and it probably ended at the point when you had to battle 'Captain' and his way overleveled Steelix (a battle that you are supposed to lose to continue with the gameplay normally), that was probably beta 1 then.

But thank you! :)
    Try it out when I have the next release ready - you will most likely be pleasantly surprised. Final version is something that won't come out in a long while.
    you could atleast change fire blast,thunder and blizzard tm's to flamethrower,thunderbolt and ice beam thay wont required much of the editing and you wont have to edit other pokemons move set too
    I don't quite get the point behind doing this... I could surely edit them like that and do possibly only a few changes here and there to the TM learning data of all pokemon but what's the main reason behind a change like this? I personally like the option of for example getting Fire Blast to a pokemon of mine which couldn't normally learn it.
    what a great rom i love it ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    Hey miksy91 Awesome hack I have been playing all your Betas And very impressed . Thius is the best game I Have played

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    As soon as beta 5.0 comes out I will restart the game and play it better this time I will catch super Onix all three birds instead of destroying them the only legendary bird I got was HO-OH.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I've been trying to download it for a while now, but every time I go to unzip the folder the contents are empty. And the Mediafire page isn't loading for me. Anyone know what's the reasoning behind it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    There are cracking down on illegal files so, it might be on bitlord or the piratebay try them who knows it might work.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I just want to say, this game has been my favorite hack of all time, and I can't wait until the final version is (eventually) released.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    First of all merry after Christmas everybody and happy early new year, don't mean too be such an intruder here but how is the game going?????????????

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Hey Miksky, absolutely love that hack and finished all the sidequests, but there is one thing I can't find. That one thing being the NPC you talk to after finishing 5 sidequests. I have searched everywhere, and when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Is it possible that you could give me just a little hint where the NPC is? Even a general town/route or a side of the map would help. Also this is my first post on this forum (I think?), but I probably won't come here often, so happy NotReallyANew Year!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
    Hellloooooooo do you remember me?? hmm of course not XD I was one of the first people who downloaded your game, I adooore GBC Hacks!! I would like to thank you (AGAAAIN LIKE EVERYTIME) about this legendary hack you made!!!!!!!!!
    I played the last beta (4b) and I realised Its changed a lot, I remember the option of changing clothes I think? or maybe my memory is blurry..
    I really can't wait for the final release, thank you for your effort.
    GO GO GOOO GBC, LONG LIFE GBC!

Back