• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    By square I meant that (mostly) your trainer sprites are blocky and un-realistic.
    Ah, okay. That makes much more sense. Well, that's just how I do sprites. Oh, well... Also, I could probably change them as alphas and betas are released. Would the Youngster be an example of what you're talking about? I intentionally did it on that one to make it looks like an indirect reference to DBZ. That's why his hair is like that and he has the belt and wristbands.

-------
    Well, just to continue with Overworld updates, I've finally started on the Female trainer too:

PkmnDarkCopper40.png

Also, here's two new tree tiles I plan on putting in, is this custom one better than the previous one?
    DCTiles-NewTrees.png

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I hate Zoroark D:
    Well, there's always other starters. Plus, lots of Pokémon are already available at the beginning of the game.

Update time:

PkmnDarkCopper58.png

PkmnDarkCopper59.png

PkmnDarkCopper60.png

PkmnDarkCopper61.png

Guess, what ended up being on the top floor of Mt. Shinigami? A Shinigami!
    Ryuk to be exact.
    Spoiler:

PkmnDarkCopper62.png

Blue City which has the second Gym Leader, also has a Contest Hall.

PkmnDarkCopper63.png

Green Town, where the event with Team Rocket takes place.

PkmnDarkCopper64.png

Showing more progress on Pokémon overworlds, this time: Rotom.

PkmnDarkCopper53.png

PkmnDarkCopper54.png

PkmnDarkCopper55.png

Some parts of Route 902.

PkmnDarkCopper41.png

PkmnDarkCopper42.png

PkmnDarkCopper43.png

PkmnDarkCopper44.png

PkmnDarkCopper45.png

PkmnDarkCopper46.png

PkmnDarkCopper47.png

PkmnDarkCopper48.png

PkmnDarkCopper49.png

PkmnDarkCopper50.png

PkmnDarkCopper51.png

PkmnDarkCopper52.png

The Team Rocket event in Green Town. Just showing that I've got everything implemented in for them and I made new RSE styled overworlds for them too. They just love to reminsine about Giovanni, can you blame them?

Also, I've finally got movesets edited, so Lucario, etc. Have their proper movesets.

Since I can't get the Aura Stone to work, Lucario evolves with a Sun Stone.

I almost got to the the 3rd Gym Leader's City, so that may me Alpha soon. No promises, but I'll release something eventually.

I've also switched the Gym Leader Theme with the Frontier Brain theme.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    It's time for my review!:D

I don't like the tiles, they look too similar to the ones in emerald.
    Some of them haven't even been changed yet. with nice new tiles, it'll look much more attracting. your mapping is okay, no empty spaces and such.
    the hero's backsprite needs improvement, it looks like his hair is going right down the middle of his face.
    the OWs are good, I like your attempt at a custom TR one.
    Yay, Zorua and Zoroark!
    Oh, and how did you insert their movesets?
    Nobody knows their moves or anything, so did you just guess?
    You've made fast progress, up to the 3rd GYM already.
    I haven't seen much scripting, but so far it looks good.
    Most of your sprites look good, apart from L.
    It's a good hack, overall, and I hope to see more of it!
    Good luck!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I like this hack! Keep it up! Nice idea to add a fifth gen Pokemon, but wouldn't it be a bit different with your starters only evolving once?

Oh, not to be mean, but the overworlds for the rockets look a bit weird.
    Lucario's backsprite head looks a bit too big.
    The black bird (what was it, blaghvard?) his backsprite is a bit odd.
    Ryuk's battle sprite looks odd.
    I LOVE the Rocket's battle sprite. You did a great job with that!
    Lastly, your player's hair in the backsprite goes over the place a bit too much. Try shortening it a bit.

You hack looks promising, hope you keep it up!

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • The OW is interesting....
    Ok I am not gonna lie, the OW, in my opinion, is not very good.
    It looks like brandon with a dark spirit for hair or something..
    If you want I could make you an OW, I am pretty good with them..

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    It's time for my review!:D

I don't like the tiles, they look too similar to the ones in emerald.
    Some of them haven't even been changed yet. with nice new tiles, it'll look much more attracting. your mapping is okay, no empty spaces and such.
    the hero's backsprite needs improvement, it looks like his hair is going right down the middle of his face.
    the OWs are good, I like your attempt at a custom TR one.
    Yay, Zorua and Zoroark!
    Oh, and how did you insert their movesets?
    Nobody knows their moves or anything, so did you just guess?
    You've made fast progress, up to the 3rd GYM already.
    I haven't seen much scripting, but so far it looks good.
    Most of your sprites look good, apart from L.
    It's a good hack, overall, and I hope to see more of it!
    Good luck!
    Yeah, I'm not that great of a tile inserter, it took me a while to even get the FR/LG tree into the game...

I was planning on re-do the Hero's Front and Backsprite. He'll still look like that, just, hopefully not a sloppy looking.

Just for, I slightly based Zoroa and Zoroark's moveset on Umbreon and a few other Dark-types.

Yeah, I re-did the Rocket Grunts overworlds in R/S/E's style since most don't like the mix of RSE and FR/LG overworlds in one game. Plus, I've been having a lot of fun with overworlds actually.

Yeah, I got a lot done after cramming in about 12 hours last night.

Not gonna lie as of right I've only got a few new scripts in as of right now. But, I wouldn't worry it should still feel different than the actual games. You've got more freedom in the beginning than you did in RSE.

Yeah, I'll probably need help improving L. If I try to edit it, it'll probably come out weirder than it already seems to be

I like this hack! Keep it up! Nice idea to add a fifth gen Pokemon, but wouldn't it be a bit different with your starters only evolving once?

Oh, not to be mean, but the overworlds for the rockets look a bit weird.
    Lucario's backsprite head looks a bit too big.
    The black bird (what was it, blaghvard?) his backsprite is a bit odd.
    Ryuk's battle sprite looks odd.
    I LOVE the Rocket's battle sprite. You did a great job with that!
    Lastly, your player's hair in the backsprite goes over the place a bit too much. Try shortening it a bit.

You hack looks promising, hope you keep it up!
    Not taking it as mean, I can always go and re-edit them.

Yeah, Riolu and Lucario are replacing Cacnea and Cacturne, so I had to oddly shirnk Lucario so it would fit without having to repoint it.

I know Darghosird's (His name's easy to remember once it's broken down Darkghostbird) Backsprite is odd right, I just have there for right now so it has a backsprite.

I actually made Ryuk as an 80 x 80 DP sprite, so I think shrinking it down to 64 x64 might have made it odd. Unless, you mean just how he looks. I wanted to make his eyes look somewhat like how they look like in DN's anime.

Yeah, I addressed the Hero backsprite problem on an earlier quote in this post.

I'm pretty sure that the Rocket battle sprite is from HGSS...
    That's correct. I mean unless shrinking and indexing them counts as making them, than. Hey.

The OW is interesting....
    Ok I am not gonna lie, the OW, in my opinion, is not very good.
    It looks like brandon with a dark spirit for hair or something..
    If you want I could make you an OW, I am pretty good with them..
    Ryuk? Yeah, he's more of a massively recolored "Running" Triathlete with a few added spikes of hair. He only appears like 3 times in the game. So, I didn't think what his overworld looking like would matter. But, yeah, you're correct. It's kinda lazy. But, hey, I'm just glad I made progress.

Once I actually get to the city with the third gym, I think you guys might like it. I'm putting the Safari Zone in that city (Ruby).

Just a small, not really serious update, I wonder if anyone can pick up on what this making fun of if this is Green Town:
    PkmnDarkCopper65.png

PkmnDarkCopper66.png

PkmnDarkCopper67.png

If you kept with this when it was originally a FR Hack, you may remember this event. I re-scripted it into here:
    PkmnDarkCopper68.png

PkmnDarkCopper69.png

PkmnDarkCopper70.png

PkmnDarkCopper71.png

PkmnDarkCopper72.png

PkmnDarkCopper73.png

PkmnDarkCopper74.png

PkmnDarkCopper75.png

PkmnDarkCopper76.png

PkmnDarkCopper77.png

This is the first of many events of getting actual Starter Pokémon. Not sure if I'm gonna add in Sinnoh's starters yet.

Finally, I need your help with this, okay, I've already revealed that Light's the Leader of Team Death, so I'm planning on having Alumina be the battle music against him. But, I've made a few changes. I made a few Key changes and made the main sound a "Chorus Aah" if you're looking at it in Anvil Studio.
    I like how it turned out. Credit for the original file goes to:
    Tien of http://josh.agarrado.net/music/anime/index.php?startswith=D

Here's my edited version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ifc1iat1zdz

So, how does it sound?

I may also reveal Light's sprite soon. Also, how does L backsprite look though:
    LBack.png

I'm well aware the last frame's arm is slightly awkward, but I'm just talking in general, how is it?

Also, thanks, for all the responses! Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all.

Last edited:

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I don't mean to be picky, or anything, but Zorua is spelled with a U, not an O. Just so you can have it spelled right in-game. Otherwise, it looks great, coming along well. Can't wait for the alpha!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I don't mean to be picky, or anything, but Zorua is spelled with a U, not an O. Just so you can have it spelled right in-game. Otherwise, it looks great, coming along well. Can't wait for the alpha!
    Not exactly, I spell it Zoroa because I can read Katakana at least.

Zoroa in Katakana is ゾア, which is what the Katakana for the Pokémon's name is.

ゾ = Zo
    ロ = ro
    ア = a

Also, if you wanna get even more technical since it comes from the Spanish word for Fox, it probably should be Zorroa and Zorroark.

The name Zorua would be ゾ

ゾ = Zo
    ル = ru
    ア = a

I can see why you're saying that; but, in my opinion Zorua is a dumb Romanization because it's not really accurate to the Japanese. I personally think it was a case of "Oh, only Japanese will look at this, does it matter how we spell it in English". Plus, whoever was in charge of that probably thought "RU" in English = "ロ" in Japanese.

You can blame playing Emerald, Diamond, and SoulSilver in Japanese for me learning Katakana and Hiragana (I can read Hiragana, I just don't know what the translation for Hiragana comes out to).

Thanks, for showing interest though. I was actually glad I finally got to address the issue about the name of this Pokémon. But, ironically, it won't matter, because they'll probably rename the thing once it comes to English speaking players.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Could you tell me the moveset you made?
    It would be very helpful to me.
    I want to, but I was using a different computer last night with Windows 7 on it. This computer is XP and won't let me open YAPE. When I have access to another computer, I'll let you know.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I want to, but I was using a different computer last night with Windows 7 on it. This computer is XP and won't let me open YAPE. When I have access to another computer, I'll let you know.
    Okay, thanks.
    Before I get offtopic, this is a great game, and, once again, good luck!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Gotta say impressive updates!
    Ryuk, Light, L... I mean this idea is briliant I might've already said it but I still think the same =D
    As for Zorua... you're right with the "O" thing but since all of us know that pokemon in the name of ZorUa you should use this name.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Gotta say impressive updates!
    Ryuk, Light, L... I mean this idea is briliant I might've already said it but I still think the same =D
    As for Zorua... you're right with the "O" thing but since all of us know that pokemon in the name of ZorUa you should use this name.
    That may be, but I'm not gonna correct something that is correct into something incorrect just because almost everyone uses it. Besides, it won't really matter much.

If you want I can sprite OWs and beta test...
    Sure, on Beta Testing, I kinda wanna go solo on Graphics for now.

Alright, another update:

PkmnDarkCopper78.png

PkmnDarkCopper79.png

PkmnDarkCopper80.png

PkmnDarkCopper81.png

PkmnDarkCopper82.png

PkmnDarkCopper83.png

PkmnDarkCopper84.png

PkmnDarkCopper85.png

The conclusion of the Team Rocket event, you get rewarded with a wildbattle where you try to capture a Porygon-Z made by this lab, Lv. 20. Also, I've added Rocket Grunts in Green Town blocking Route 903, so you HAVE to go to the creation Lab to progress in the Game.

PkmnDarkCopper86.png

PkmnDarkCopper87.png

PkmnDarkCopper88.png

In Aura Cave which is on Route 903, you'll battle a Galactic Grunt there. Croagunk is an epic Pokémon, I also edited it's red pallete to make it Orange like the official art and the anime, yay.

PkmnDarkCopper89.png

PkmnDarkCopper90.png

PkmnDarkCopper91.png

But, you can also get Riolu, Lucario, Zoroa and Zoroark in the wild. When I said, "It really doesn't matter what starter you choose", I meant it.

I posted this earlier, it's an edited Midi of Alumina, with a deeper key change and the instrument is a "Choir Aah" in Anvil Studio:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ifc1iat1zdz

What do you guys think of it?

I may edit a midi of The World to be kinda like this and see which ones you like better.

The song is gonna be the battle music against Team Death's Leader.

------------------------------------------------------

I've already mapped up to the third Gym Leader's city. I've got all Eight Gym Leaders implemented, (team wise), getting close with sprites too.

Team Death, Rocket, Aqua, Magma and Galactic will appear at certain points in the game and near the end it'll all make sense.

Oh, here's the Ohsai map with a Key, so you have an idea of how you're gonna travel.

OhsaiMapwithKey.png

I'll also reveal where Gym's are located:

No.1 - Trey: Normal-type (Silver Village)

No. 2 - Alex: Ice-type (Blue City)

No. 3 - Raven: Dark-type (Ruby City) - Which I just finished mapping the actual city.

No. 4 - Katie: Psychic-type (Crystal City) - She's got a tough Pokémon on her team, at least for that point in the game.

No. 5 - Greg: Ghost-type (Platinum City)

No. 6 - Hollis: Fighting-type (Yellow City)

No. 7 - Ryan: Bug-type (FireLeaf City)

No. 8 - Andy: Dragon-type (DracheBall City)

Except for Trey and Raven all the Gym leaders are named after people I know. About 5 of them are based on the people too. Trey, however was named after Trey Parker, one of the creators of South Park.

So, Ohsai is inbetween the top of Hoenn and the left border of Johto.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think the Zorua/Zoroa discrepancy comes from the way it's pronounced. Actually saying it, the sound is in between the U and O sounds, not a definitive either or. I prefer Zoroa, though. Looks a bit more like Zorro. ;)

But anyway, it's looking good, Furanki. Good to see you inserted Zoroa and Zoroark. The world map could use a little bit of work, though. It's a bit choppy and geographically improper, if you know what I mean by that. Try making small jags in the edges, and rounding out the corners a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back