• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    Yay for bug type legendary, it's about time.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Alright, here's a few small updates:

PkmnDarkCopper99.png

In Ruby City, they worship Groudon, bet you can't guess what they worship in Emerald City and Sapphire Town? Just a small glimpse of things.

PkmnDarkCopper100.png

PkmnDarkCopper101.png

PkmnDarkCopper102.png

PkmnDarkCopper103.png

Just a small part of Pearl Forest and showing the Omegsekt event, I made it work like Ho-Oh's at Navel Rock, so once you step on the tile you see in the screenshot it'll come charge at you. It'll also sit there and wait to only you battle it.

I've also finally De-Capitalized all the Attack names a few days ago.

Also, since I know people from places other than America and Britain, may play this, I implemented accented letters at the "Your name?" screen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyzwwga5Yn8

I also did this because I'm hoping this will get translated once I start releasing betas. So, that'll help that too.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • AWESOME! Updates!^^

The Groudon stature seems a little weird placed since it is on the middle of the way...^^ Maybe you should put it into the middle of the twon or something, but it's still awesome!^^ Will they play a bigger role in the story?^^

A Bug Pokemon Legendary? Finally!^^ The first Bug Legendary finally came (well, if you see above bug Arceus...^^)!^^ It looks interesting, and the event, too!^^ I'm gonna look forward to battling it!^^

Yeah, finally somone who knows that the text strings just look better with the attack names de-capitalized!^^ Since rijonAdventures, I really hoped that someone would do that again!^^

Ahh, you included the german answer for "ae", "oe" and "ue", too!^^ Awesome, now it'd be possible to translate this without using "ae" and the others all the time!^^ Well, and I guess I'm gonna translate it but expect very slow progress becuase my free time is very limited right now!^^

And another question: Will you be able to catch Latias or does a Trainer have it?^^

zealot

The King of Fail
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    Is that bug legendary a monotype? It looks pretty nice either way.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Um... Latias and Latios? Or... Dialga and Palkia?

Okay jokes aside xD Maybe... Rayquaza and Kyogre? xD
    You're correct. Hahaha, hopefully they turn out okay.

AWESOME! Updates!^^

The Groudon stature seems a little weird placed since it is on the middle of the way...^^ Maybe you should put it into the middle of the twon or something, but it's still awesome!^^ Will they play a bigger role in the story?^^

A Bug Pokemon Legendary? Finally!^^ The first Bug Legendary finally came (well, if you see above bug Arceus...^^)!^^ It looks interesting, and the event, too!^^ I'm gonna look forward to battling it!^^

Yeah, finally somone who knows that the text strings just look better with the attack names de-capitalized!^^ Since rijonAdventures, I really hoped that someone would do that again!^^

Ahh, you included the german answer for "ae", "oe" and "ue", too!^^ Awesome, now it'd be possible to translate this without using "ae" and the others all the time!^^ Well, and I guess I'm gonna translate it but expect very slow progress becuase my free time is very limited right now!^^

And another question: Will you be able to catch Latias or does a Trainer have it?^^
    Yeah, I'll most likely move the statue. Also, I've started the German translation already. So far, I've edited: The Pokémon names, some of the battle text, the start menu text (Save, etc.) and I'll be editing items tomorrow.

I know this doesn't really count as an update, but I'll give some real updates on Friday when I have a bunch of time. Also, this week we're doing the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test), so that and having to go to play rehearsals explain why I haven't got that much progress don't this week compared to usual. Fun fact: Ohsai is actually named after Ohio (since I live there) and Kansai (in Japan), the way the region is going to look like now will also look like an rotated Ohio with alterations here and there. Believe it or not Game Freak would do this with (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and most likely the new 5th Gen. region), so I have basis for this.

So, here's some screen's from the German Version so far:

PkmnDarkCopper-German1.png

PkmnDarkCopper-German2.png

I pulled a switch-a-roo on Omegsekt's name in German. In English its name ends with "Sekt" the way to spell insect in German. In its German name it gets "Über" from well, uber which if I remember correctly means "Super" so that works with the "Omega" part of Omegsekt's name and sect from "insect" in English,

PkmnDarkCopper-German3.png

PkmnDarkCopper-German4.png

The menu battle menu in all of its glory, but in German, and still de-capitalized
    like the English one.

PkmnDarkCopper-German5.png

The status screen, with new de-capitalized German!

PkmnDarkCopper-German6.png

An example of a real Pokémon using its German names. ALL names except for 3 (which are Fakémon anyways) have had their names changed to their German ones.

PkmnDarkCopper-German7.png

Showing that I got some text done with trainers. This screen is the First "Gym Leader" or "Arenaleiter".

Don't worry I'm still working on the English one, since Lati-Fan95 accepted doing the German translation, I'm making easier on him, so he'll only have to translated the actual dialouge in-game.

Also, to answer you question about the Lati's (os and as), yes, you'll get to battle them... both. You'll actually get a chance to catch:

Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Celebi
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Latias
    Latios
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Rotom
    Uxie
    Azelf
    Mespirit
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Heatran
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Levialypse
    Omegsekt
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    (3rd Black and White Legend)

So, that's 38 legendaries... (Possibly more, who knows, Haha, that's gonna be an annoyance to program in but it'll be worth it.

For trainers in-game, there'll be more with legendaries. For example, Ohsai doesn't have a Pokémon League, but it has Champ Tower, but that doesn't mean there isn't an Elite 4/Pokémon League in this game. Why, because you're gonna get to go to a 2nd region!

Also, since you're helping translating Lati-Fan95, you'll pretty much get to play the game a few days before everyone else does.

I'm thinking about over the weekend, just cramming in a few nights of just hacking. If I really wanted to I could at least program up to the Levialypse event. So, you still get to do the battle against all the teams at one (Death, Rocket, Galactic, etc.).

I'm also thinking about putting random places in the game where you can talk to a guy so if you want some easy to get shinies you can. You won't even be forced to talk to him, completely your choice.

Is that bug legendary a monotype? It looks pretty nice either way.
    Yes, it's pure bug type.

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • Wow!^^ Legendaries are overflowing!^^ Epic, just like Reign of Legends!^^ Well, but will you be able to catch Arceus after you've caught every other legendary (except for Levialypse!^^) After you caught it, a script with Arceus (directly after you left Arceus' catching place!^^ ) could happen that it senses that a gate to hell (or darkness) has opened!^^ You go there then and "descend into the darkness to save the world from the pure evil"!^^

The german translation looks pretty neat so far!^^ It's pretty cool you even made a german name for Omegsect!^^ Only two small mistakes: In german games, HP (Hit Points) is KP (Kraftpunkte) and after a "-" the beginning letter is usually capitalized!^^ And thanks for the help, I highly appreciate it!^^

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Wow!^^ Legendaries are overflowing!^^ Epic, just like Reign of Legends!^^ Well, but will you be able to catch Arceus after you've caught every other legendary (except for Levialypse!^^) After you caught it, a script with Arceus (directly after you left Arceus' catching place!^^ ) could happen that it senses that a gate to hell (or darkness) has opened!^^ You go there then and "descend into the darkness to save the world from the pure evil"!^^

The german translation looks pretty neat so far!^^ It's pretty cool you even made a german name for Omegsect!^^ Only two small mistakes: In german games, HP (Hit Points) is KP (Kraftpunkte) and after a "-" the beginning letter is usually capitalized!^^ And thanks for the help, I highly appreciate it!^^
    I'm well aware of the "KP" situation, I just never had the text before since I never had to change it in English. It's KP now.

I checked what you said about the moves you were right, when I initially checked the German names for attacks I just had a long list from Bulbapedia, but the second halves weren't capitalized. I checked the actual pages for said moves they were capitalized. So, yeah, that's been changed too.

So, far the only update until tomorrow:
    PkmnDarkCopper104.png

I changed the second tree tile into a custom one, which is in this screenshot.
    The screen is showing the outside of the Gym in Ruby City.

I hadn't originally thought of it, but I may actually do the Levialypse vs. Arceus story within the actual story.

Years
  • New trees are very good. But why don't you change the tiles of house and gym. The old tiles are not good at all. Will change them?

CutiePie2121

The Cutest Spriter EVUR!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    Nice job hope it works out for you. If you need anymore spriters just PM me ;)

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    New trees are very good. But why don't you change the tiles of house and gym. The old tiles are not good at all. Will change them?
    I might change them, I reluctant to due to the fact, I've tried to edit the Pkmn Center and the tiles didn't match up. But, I'm slowing editing tiles. But, speaking of tiles, this one hasn't been switched, but the pallete has been massively edited.

This is in Gold Village, a very small village, only has a few houses, a lot of trees, and a Pokémon Center/Mart:

PkmnDarkCopper105.png

It also has this building, look at the window, that show give away what this building is.

I've also found that I can mix the two tree tiles together when mapping. So you'll see trees in game that have the top of the FR/LG tree and the bottom of the custom tree and vice-versa.

I planned on getting a lot done this weekend, but that didn't happen, hopefully next weekend.

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
  • Hey.

It's nice to see that your hack is going along nicely. I like the storyline alot, and the new Legendary Pokemon that you have made. ^_^

This is one of the hacks I'll be sure to follow.

Good luck! :]

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    The building needs to be less dark.
    To me, it looks more like a GIANT tile error than
    a tile.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. But, I intentionally wanted the building to look extremely oddly colored and out-of-place.

This is a real update, sorry, I'm hoping Friday, when I go to my Dad's office, is when real updates should start happening again.

But, I want your guys' opinion. I've been in the mood to revamp, so I've been taking sprites from Gold/Silver and actually revamping them. I'm using HG/SS sprites as the source for colors and re-vamping the sprites themselves. (However, I'm not going to re-index most of the sprites cause I don't wanna mess with the regular/shiny palletes. So, in game, it's Emerald's colors. On the unindexed sprite it's HG/SS's). This way I can get HG/SS like sprites, while being the original GSC sprites. Since they're the GSC sprites, I can just make them bigger to 64 x 64 (RSE/FRLG size). So, here 2 I've done:

PkmnDarkCopperDragoniteSprite.png

Gold (Version)'s Dragonite

PkmnDarkCopperSprite-2.png

Silver (Version)'s Charizard

I'm well aware they're both 31, however I was just temporarily switching them with that Trainer's Pokémon for this test.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Team death's building, I guess?^^ Looks awesome but as you said, a little out of the place!^^ It reminds me of the Galactic building (from the location!^^) !^^

The revamps of Dragonite and Charizard are awesome, too!^^ Shows what a good spriter you are!^^ I hope you'll keep up the awesome work!^^
    Yeah, the Galactic building in D/P/P was slight inspiration for this, at least the part about being out in the open.

Not an update; two more revamps:
    MewtwoSilverRevamp.png

Mewtwo's (Silver) Sprite

SnorlaxSilverRevamp.png

Snorlax's (Silver) Sprite

I haven't edited them into the game yet.

Also, my mom is letting stay home Friday and then I have Spring Break, so that means, I'll definately have time to hack and start with more "actual" updates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back