• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
I changed the trees cause I can lolz

The old trees were just a leftover from past incarnations of DarkViolet when I was trying to make the maps super-HG/SS accurate, but it's no longer relevant anymore. I was quite sick of the old trees and they just didn't fit in, so I designed a new tree that's supposed to resemble the round trees in the Japanese Red/Green versions (which was also used in Kanto's tileset in all releases of G/S/C), but drawn in R/S/E style.

There's no typo. I just checked his script, it is literally:
= Kamon: [player]! What are you doing?\nDo you want us all to die?

Modified FireRed OW's. The HG/SS ones would be completely out style. Even though R/S/E and FR/LG are separate art styles, some things are interchangeable. Emerald used the FR/LG OW of Ho-oh and Lugia for the Navel Rock events.

Although for the Mewtwo OW, I will make a new one because the FR/LG one looks really ugly and sad XD
And for Mew's OW, I will just use the Emerald one.

Thanks for clarifying exactly how the nugget bridge Rocket guy bug does, it will be fixed by next release. And yeah I already know about the whole Misty thing, but I don't think it's worth releasing a Beta 1.2 over.

lol why are you trying to open my hack in YAPE? I want my hack to be played the way I designed it, I don't want people modifying it.

Well uhh you're overleveled, but I'm going to assume you grinded in the grass lol. But it's not my place to tell you how you should train your Pokemon. EDIT: You also only trained three Pokemon, I want to make it so that the people that like to train 6 Pokemon won't have a hard time that early in the game. Personally, I had four by that point, and my levels were Lv30-33.
My bad. I thought it was supposed to be "Do you want all of us to die" with the "of" included. Guess I was wrong. Oh well *puts on the I feel stupid hat*..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My bad. I thought it was supposed to be "Do you want all of us to die" with the "of" included. Guess I was wrong. Oh well *puts on the I feel stupid hat*..
I'll give you some confidence boost, I immediately knew you meant this by your post :D

But a piece of advice. If you are nitpicking grammar errors you should immediately add a correct sentence to actually help.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
Hello!

I jumped right into a Nuzlocke run of this hack and am greatly enjoying the challenge compared to the standard Pokemon series!

However, I do have one question:
Have you changed Marill's method of evolution? Mine is currently level 20 and the standard level Marill evolves at is 18. Is Azumarill accessible in this game? As soon as I have the money, I'm going to purchase a Sea Incense and see if that does the job, but if anyone can give me a heads-up I'd greatly appreciate it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hello!

I jumped right into a Nuzlocke run of this hack and am greatly enjoying the challenge compared to the standard Pokemon series!

However, I do have one question:
Have you changed Marill's method of evolution? Mine is currently level 20 and the standard level Marill evolves at is 18. Is Azumarill accessible in this game? As soon as I have the money, I'm going to purchase a Sea Incense and see if that does the job, but if anyone can give me a heads-up I'd greatly appreciate it!
Marill evolves at Lv26. The reason why is because I'm adjusting the evolutionary levels of some Pokemon to account for what level you catch them at, like with all Pokemon games that debut new Pokemon. Since you catch Azurill at around Lv17-18, it doesn't make much sense for Marill to evolve at Lv18 in DarkViolet.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
Thank you!

Another thing I've just now noticed (forgive me if this has already been reported) is that talking to the Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge results in him giving you a nugget, then battling you, as though he hadn't been defeated the first time. This effectively allows for infinite nuggets and prize money.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Hello! As they said before, this is how the first gen games should have been.
I noticed a problem in Cerulean City, when I pick a hidden Rare Candy it tells me: 'You found 0 Rare Candy' for some reason and I can't use it.
I also find amusing that you can find Team Rocket's hideout in the Town Map.

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
I saw a playthrough of this on Lumiose Station and decided to play it as well! This is probably one of my favorite hacks right now so sorry if I'm gushing a little! Gen 1 should have been this! Using the characters and allowing the rivals/friends to interact a lot more. Including Kamon to give more backstory to team rocket is such a cool idea! I was so surprised at how nice the graphics were and how smooth the gameplay already was, I thought it was finished and forgot it was a beta while playing until I got to the sign at Rock Tunnel!
I can't wait for this to be finished, it's an absolutely awesome game. I toughed through the first three gyms with my squirtle (now blastoise) and my pidgey (now a pidgeot.)
The level increase for the evolution of the starters was a cool idea to, I was waiting at level 36 for blastoise in the SS Anne but when I realized it'd probably evolve at 40 I had to go grind out a little bit. It made Lt. Surge SO much easier!
Again amazing game, I am SO excited for the final product -^.^-

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hello! As they said before, this is how the first gen games should have been.
I noticed a problem in Cerulean City, when I pick a hidden Rare Candy it tells me: 'You found 0 Rare Candy' for some reason and I can't use it.
I also find amusing that you can find Team Rocket's hideout in the Town Map.
The Rare Candy thing has been fixed for the next release.

As for the Town Map thing, good point. I don't know why I put it there in the first place. I'll remove it for the next release.

I saw a playthrough of this on Lumiose Station and decided to play it as well! This is probably one of my favorite hacks right now so sorry if I'm gushing a little! Gen 1 should have been this! Using the characters and allowing the rivals/friends to interact a lot more. Including Kamon to give more backstory to team rocket is such a cool idea! I was so surprised at how nice the graphics were and how smooth the gameplay already was, I thought it was finished and forgot it was a beta while playing until I got to the sign at Rock Tunnel!
I can't wait for this to be finished, it's an absolutely awesome game. I toughed through the first three gyms with my squirtle (now blastoise) and my pidgey (now a pidgeot.)
The level increase for the evolution of the starters was a cool idea to, I was waiting at level 36 for blastoise in the SS Anne but when I realized it'd probably evolve at 40 I had to go grind out a little bit. It made Lt. Surge SO much easier!
Again amazing game, I am SO excited for the final product -^.^-
Glad you enjoyed it!

Blueizback

Lonely Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Very good hack, can't wait for next release, i was so frustated when i came to dark cave...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
What level do Pidgeotto,goldeen,mime jr. , and slowpoke evolve?
I'm actually trying to catch 'em all this time :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
What level do Pidgeotto,goldeen,mime jr. , and slowpoke evolve?
I'm actually trying to catch 'em all this time :D
Pidgeotto evolves at Lv36, like in the official games.
Goldeen evolves at Lv33, like in the official games.
Mime Jr. evolves at Lv30, unlike the official games (I chose Lv30 to match Magby and Elekid).
Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro at Lv29, unlike the official games (I chose Lv29 because in the original games, Slowpoke evolved at Lv37 because you didn't get to catch it until Seafoam Islands, but in DarkViolet you can catch Slowpoke on Route 25).

Alternatively you can use a Royal Stone to evolve Slowpoke into Slowking, however a Royal Stone is not obtainable within Beta 1. Royal Stones will be obtainable in the Underground Market after defeating Erika.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
When will the next release come out ? I am new to the site so just asking :D

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
It will be release when it's ready since next release will be final/full it will take time.

Years
"Chaos rush"- a new attack maybe added in this hack..
I think its dark type move very strong move...

Anyway very good hack and I call it POKEMON FIRE RED VERSION 2

Last thing I want to know that

1.After pkm league what will you add?

2.please add pokemon world championship...

3.gym leader rematch battle

4.if possible add some ultimate battle

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I think a pokemon championship in the after game would be so epic.And gym battle rematches would be awesome too.Chaos Rush is there any hope for this?
Think about it, the Championship Building could be in Vermilion City where the old man and his machop are stomping the land flat and Vermilion is a port city which explains how the participants arrive in the city to take place in the tournaments.Of course I'm only suggesting this but it would be cool if you considered it.Sorry in advance if I'm being rude or disrespectful in any way or if my idea annoys you :|

Last edited:
Years
Exactly herooftwilght !!!!!!!! what I wanted to tell himabout the location you told him!!!

Hope he does!!!!

Chaos rush,you can also add mewtwo animated in the tilescreen...

THIS WILL BE YOUR NO.1 HACK CHAOS RUSH!!!! I KNOW NO ONE WILL ABLE TO BEAT THIS HACK!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Love the hack so far whens the final release going to take place or another beta! Im eager lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
could anyone tell me what level meowth and drowzee evolve?
And also when you use cut on the wild pokemon grass patches it leaves a strange image on the ground so check it up for the final release

I caught a shiny fearow!!! Lucky me :D

Back