• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
oh okay thanks for the information!

just a quick question if i play in the beta and it ends and another version comes out would i be able to play it in my old save? if i can i will give this game a shot :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
This next release is still a big chunk of gameplay, so I don't see why anyone would complain. I'm looking forward to it!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
This next release is still a big chunk of gameplay, so I don't see why anyone would complain. I'm looking forward to it!

I don't see anyone complaining sabrina is the 7th gym leader in dark violet so why complain?
We were just asking how to patch our save files in order to continue in beta 2 where we left off in beta 1

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Did you do changes in the start of the game because if you did i will need to start over , again :(
like your game !!! :P :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I don't see anyone complaining sabrina is the 7th gym leader in dark violet so why complain?
We were just asking how to patch our save files in order to continue in beta 2 where we left off in beta 1

This was all I meant

As for the people that are waiting for the full version, you don't have to complain about me making this decision, instead you could just wait for the full version, because no one is forcing you to play Beta 2.

I can't wait for the next release. That's a big chunk of game coming. I'm currently working on the Pokedex and figuring out what my team is going to be.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/venomrush_zpsb6858424.png

For some reason, Venom Rush's move description is the same as Thrash's. If you intended Venom Rush to be like Thrash, then its not really working. (I'm not locked in when I'm using Venom Rush)
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix that.

And when will Beta 2.0 be available? So PSYCHED about it!! And also how do i patch the new beta with the save file i'm using in beta 1?
I just said don't ask for the release date, because I HAVE NO IDEA. As for continuing your old save file,
there's no special instructions, all you have to do is patch to a clean FireRed ROM as usual, but have your old save file match the name of the new ROM you're using.

oh okay thanks for the information!

just a quick question if i play in the beta and it ends and another version comes out would i be able to play it in my old save? if i can i will give this game a shot :3
Yes, you can continue your save file, this was already mentioned in the readme file that came with Beta 1.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I imagine you have an idea how we are going to get a hold of the starters we didn't choose? I like how we were able to basically steal both the fossils at the end of Mt. Moon. The guy there seemed a little miffed at me, ahhaha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I imagine you have an idea how we are going to get a hold of the starters we didn't choose? I like how we were able to basically steal both the fossils at the end of Mt. Moon. The guy there seemed a little miffed at me, ahhaha.
Yeah, the other starters will be postgame. And I let the player have both fossils because there's no other way to obtain them, lol.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/stairs_zps840e0bae.png
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/idroid360/stairs2_zps6f8f6093.png

In the first picture, the stair tiles are a bit off. (I believe there's other places where the stair tiles are off too, might want to check that)
and in the second picture, this is just my opinion, but the stairs look a bit awkward.
oh and I also found an error in one of your tm descriptions: shadow claw has safeguard's description (hope this saves you some time looking for description errors)
hopefully i'm not sounding too nitpicky right now :p

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016

In the first picture, the stair tiles are a bit off. (I believe there's other places where the stair tiles are off too, might want to check that)
and in the second picture, this is just my opinion, but the stairs look a bit awkward.
oh and I also found an error in one of your tm descriptions: shadow claw has safeguard's description (hope this saves you some time looking for description errors)

That reminds me.. The streetlamp closest to the nugget bridge in cerulean city is glitchy.. when you go behind it you somehow step ON it instead of your sprite being covered by the lamp so......ok?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

Everything you see is intentional. I can't make the game 3D, and that's the best I can do to preserve the HG/SS layout.

All TM descriptions & compatibilities have been fixed for the next beta.

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
I got excited when I see next release but then it was a beta ohhh well I guess I'll play beta 2.

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
64_zpsc40fce4d.png
In this screenshot from the Screenshots ChaosRush gave us for beta 2 that trainer says, "She actually cares about us, and teaches us good battle strategies." It has the word she in the dialogue so that means that the gym leader is a girl. ChaosRush said the new Viridian gym leader is a character that has barely no use in RBY/GSC/FRLG/HGSS and has a major role in DarkViolet. The Viridian Gym Leader still uses Ground-Types and when you battle Daisy on Route 25 she uses a Sandslash a Ground-Type Pokemon. So the Viridian Gym Leader is Daisy!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
As tempting as it is, I'll just wait until you finish the complete game. You're making great progress so I may not have to wait too long.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
A new beta sounds great, but I'll keep waiting to play the full game once it's released... it doesn't look like it will take you a lot of time, considering the length of Beta 2 and the pace you're keeping since beta 1... and if it does take you more time, I guess I can wait and fix my real life issues in the meantime xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
5_zpsf2658212.png

I'm intrigued about why there is a bronzor in the game because I was under the impression that only Kanto Pokemon and their evolutions would be available in the game hence the 210 pokedex entries.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
5_zpsf2658212.png

I'm intrigued about why there is a bronzor in the game because I was under the impression that only Kanto Pokemon and their evolutions would be available in the game hence the 210 pokedex entries.

Your answer is in the first post. You might want to visit it more often.

Q: There are 210 Pokémon in DarkViolet's Kanto Dex. Aren't there only 151 Pokémon in Generation I? What Pokémon have you added?
A: Pokémon from the first four Generations are available. Most of the added Pokémon are related to Generation I Pokémon. This means you can evolve your Golbat into Crobat. ALL Pokémon that are related to Generation I Pokémon by evolution are available, such as Crobat, Blissey, Politoed, Magmortar, Electivire, all Eevee evolutions, etc. There are a couple evolutionary families not related to Generation I Pokémon in any way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
5_zpsf2658212.png

If I only in included Gen I & related Pokemon, the dex would only be 170, and I wanted to go at least to 190, as that was the original plan for Red & Green. I felt like 210 would be a good number because of Platinum. I'm surprised that you're pointing this out when there's already non Gen I-related Pokemon in Beta 1 such as the Azurill line, the Hoppip line, the Swablu line, the Murkrow line, all of which are obtainable in Beta 1 (and you can get a seen entry for Bronzor in Beta 1 because a Hiker uses one)

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
If I only in included Gen I & related Pokemon, the dex would only be 170, and I wanted to go at least to 190, as that was the original plan for Red & Green. I felt like 210 would be a good number because of Platinum. I'm surprised that you're pointing this out when there's already non Gen I-related Pokemon in Beta 1 such as the Azurill line, the Hoppip line, the Swablu line, the Murkrow line, all of which are obtainable in Beta 1 (and you can get a seen entry for Bronzor in Beta 1 because a Hiker uses one)

Oh. I feel stupid now lol. I don't know what I was thinking; I guess for me Gen I and Gen II kind of blend to together. I only pointed this out because Bronzor sticks out as a Gen IV Pokemon.

Back