• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Chaos Rush why are you so against the anime? Its not ALL that bad..I know it has some messed up stuff like evolutions occurring without stones and ash battling grass on grass (example) etc. but it's still really enjoyable.I just finished season 17 unova and beyond and liked the unova region overall.Just curious though you don't have to share if you don't feel like it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
But this hack is based on original games, not anime.
This is simple answer for every question about anime bull****s.

pokefancore

Asura, God of Madness
Years
Chaos is accelerating its rush!!!!

maybe He is gonna break my prediction!!!!

I've seen your comments at some threads .. and why is 90% of it are all spams??'

It's not exactly based on original games but he said it was his own version.. and so far
its really fantastic :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016

I don't recall asking you a question and i never said the hack is based off of the anime..
I just know CR hates the anime and I was curious to know why.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Oh, well I'll be. Activity has died down?

lol just what I've been thinking lately. I would post but I'm probably posting way to much.. and don't forget that people DO actually have lives :P .. while i'm at it i really hope CR has done any progress at all he hasn't posted for a long time and i can't stand the waiting.Looking forward to it :D

Years
Silph Co. is 11 stories big and has more than 30 trainers in it so I can see why it would take awhile, he could also be working on Saffron City which has a big map in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. I guess that Sabrina's Pokemon will be higher leveled than Koga's since they were both somewhere around level 41 through 43 in Red/Blue/Fire Red/Leaf Green, but not Yellow version.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
just there is something about the main character is weird is the running animation if you look at his eyes

it goes down to the place of his mouth or something if you can fix that in the upcoming updates!
thanks for making this hack!
That's intentional, the R/S/E running sprites do that, and this hack uses R/S/E style overworlds.

but if u watch the anime you will see that zapdos is really large when that ditto trainer saw him and made her ditto transform to it
I don't care what the anime says. I'm going by what the games says, and the games say that Zapdos is only 5 feet tall.

Chaos Rush why are you so against the anime? Its not ALL that bad..I know it has some messed up stuff like evolutions occurring without stones and ash battling grass on grass (example) etc. but it's still really enjoyable.I just finished season 17 unova and beyond and liked the unova region overall.Just curious though you don't have to share if you don't feel like it.
I just can't stand how childish it is. Also I don't like how they "change the rules" of the official games a lot. If there were an anime like Pokémon Origins however, I'd be all for it.

Silph Co. is 11 stories big and has more than 30 trainers in it so I can see why it would take awhile, he could also be working on Saffron City which has a big map in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. I guess that Sabrina's Pokemon will be higher leveled than Koga's since they were both somewhere around level 41 through 43 in Red/Blue/Fire Red/Leaf Green, but not Yellow version.
Speaking of Silph Co., I just finished Silph Co.. All of it. Here's a sneak peak:
1203111c9f5ab0afd4365b4eff6207c7_500.png
3b9e866e01d2d92dd96bf52425cd0b17_500.png

And yes, Sabrina's levels will be higher than Koga's, because Saffron City will not be accessible until after you defeat Koga. Prof. Oak will give you the Tea needed for the guards immediately after beating Koga.

All that's left for me to do until Beta 2's release:
*Fighting Dojo
*Saffron Gym
*redo TM/HM compatibility along with their descriptions in the TM Case
*a whole bunch of other miniscule stuff (I have a whole list lol)

Here's Saffron City and Cycling Road:
1_zpsde72173b.png
2_zps4a764798.png
3_zpsc0590d7e.png

Also, I personally think that one of the most important things about this hack is the music, and I would like to share some of my personal favorites of this hack so far.

Here is Giovanni's battle theme, composed by giradialkia, with some minor additions by me:
http://www.romhack.me/music/532/giovanni-039-s-theme-battle/

Here is the song that will be playing on Routes 16-21. It is a GBA rendition of the Pokémon Origins Bicycle theme. This rendition was done entirely by me (with due credits to the Pokémon Origins soundtrack, of course)
http://www.romhack.me/music/544/pokémon-origins-bicycle-theme-on-gba/

And here is the song that will play when you fight Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres. It is my first 100% original composition:
http://www.romhack.me/music/545/theme-of-the-legendary-birds-original/

Years
That's intentional, the R/S/E running sprites do that, and this hack uses R/S/E style overworlds.

I don't care what the anime says. I'm going by what the games says, and the games say that Zapdos is only 5 feet tall.

I just can't stand how childish it is. Also I don't like how they "change the rules" of the official games a lot. If there were an anime like Pokémon Origins however, I'd be all for it.

Speaking of Silph Co., I just finished Silph Co.. All of it. Here's a sneak peak:
1203111c9f5ab0afd4365b4eff6207c7_500.png
3b9e866e01d2d92dd96bf52425cd0b17_500.png

And yes, Sabrina's levels will be higher than Koga's, because Saffron City will not be accessible until after you defeat Koga. Prof. Oak will give you the Tea needed for the guards immediately after beating Koga.

All that's left for me to do until Beta 2's release:
*Fighting Dojo
*Saffron Gym
*redo TM/HM compatibility along with their descriptions in the TM Case
*a whole bunch of other miniscule stuff (I have a whole list lol)

Here's Saffron City and Cycling Road:
1_zpsde72173b.png
2_zps4a764798.png
3_zpsc0590d7e.png

Also, I personally think that one of the most important things about this hack is the music, and I would like to share some of my personal favorites of this hack so far.

Here is Giovanni's battle theme, composed by giradialkia, with some minor additions by me:
http://www.romhack.me/music/532/giovanni-039-s-theme-battle/

Here is the song that will be playing on Routes 16-21. It is a GBA rendition of the Pokémon Origins Bicycle theme. This rendition was done entirely by me (with due credits to the Pokémon Origins soundtrack, of course)
http://www.romhack.me/music/544/pokémon-origins-bicycle-theme-on-gba/

And here is the song that will play when you fight Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres. It is my first 100% original composition:
http://www.romhack.me/music/545/theme-of-the-legendary-birds-original/
Well in one way I agree with you about the anime Chaos, but just so you know, the latest anime i.e X and Y is showing lots of promises. And here's something that might interest you, the ones who made Origins are now in charge of the X and Y anime, and in my honest opinion, it is really showing lots of improvements. But enough about the anime, all I gotta say is good job on Giovanni's theme, even though idk why, but it's not showing that much evilness, rather a person who really believes that what he wants to do is what is right for the world, much like Lysandre from Team Flare implying that Giovanni is an anti hero. Also it gives more of an inspiration tone. Are all of these intentional?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well in one way I agree with you about the anime Chaos, but just so you know, the latest anime i.e X and Y is showing lots of promises. And here's something that might interest you, the ones who made Origins are now in charge of the X and Y anime, and in my honest opinion, it is really showing lots of improvements.
It's still the same series, which I have zero interest in watching, which I will never, ever, watch again. And where's your source for your later claim? That's the first I've heard of that, and it makes zero sense, because Game Freak themselves was in charge of Origins (one of Game Freak's composers did all of the music, and it was on the X/Y soundtrack), and there were lots of things in Origins that was a big middle finger to the current anime:
*Red has an actual starter Pokémon
*Red's Pokédex works just like the games - you have to capture the Pokémon first to get info
*Red actually catches Legendaries
*Red (and the rest of the characters) actually sound like normal humans
*Pokémon aren't supposed to say their names
*The one Pikachu that appeared in the entire special makes mouse noises, that was pretty awesome of them to do that
*Mewtwo isn't supposed to talk :)

I know this doesn't have anything to do with DarkViolet, but actually it kinda does, since we're talking about comparisons on how Game Freak's vision for the Pokémon world should be portrayed as. DarkViolet's goal was always to create a modernized Kanto experience, and to feel authentic. Because of that, I'm going strictly by Game Freak's rules in terms of how Pokémon should be portrayed as. As such, the Kanto Legendary Birds aren't deities or demigods or whatever the anime says they are, they're just birds with a graceful appearance that are rare. They don't have "special powers" or any of that crap that the anime says, they're just really rare bird Pokémon. Mewtwo on the other hand, having more of a backstory (even more in DarkViolet that you'll find out), it certainly shouldn't be able to talk. It's still a Pokémon, and Pokémon stands for Pocket Monster. Mewtwo is a monster. Nothing more.

I don't want to go too off-topic anymore, if any of you want to continue this conversation, feel free to VM me.

But enough about the anime, all I gotta say is good job on Giovanni's theme, even though idk why, but it's not showing that much evilness, rather a person who really believes that what he wants to do is what is right for the world, much like Lysandre from Team Flare implying that Giovanni is an anti hero. Also it gives more of an inspiration tone. Are all of these intentional?
giradialkia composed Giovanni's theme. I told him about Giovanni's revised backstory for DarkViolet to give him some base to work with, but you would have to ask him for what exactly was his intention. Either way it sounds brilliant :)

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
nice hack

is there old pokemon evolution??

electabuzz to Electivire > magmar to magmortar > tangela to tangrowth??

Have you even read the first comment page properly? Go read that right now and you'll find everything ._.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Cant wait for new release! But i'll not force you because i'm also a hacker and making my own hack! I can feel your headache!

Years
It's still the same series, which I have zero interest in watching, which I will never, ever, watch again. And where's your source for your later claim? That's the first I've heard of that, and it makes zero sense, because Game Freak themselves was in charge of Origins (one of Game Freak's composers did all of the music, and it was on the X/Y soundtrack), and there were lots of things in Origins that was a big middle finger to the current anime:
*Red has an actual starter Pokémon
*Red's Pokédex works just like the games - you have to capture the Pokémon first to get info
*Red actually catches Legendaries
*Red (and the rest of the characters) actually sound like normal humans
*Pokémon aren't supposed to say their names
*The one Pikachu that appeared in the entire special makes mouse noises, that was pretty awesome of them to do that
*Mewtwo isn't supposed to talk :)

I know this doesn't have anything to do with DarkViolet, but actually it kinda does, since we're talking about comparisons on how Game Freak's vision for the Pokémon world should be portrayed as. DarkViolet's goal was always to create a modernized Kanto experience, and to feel authentic. Because of that, I'm going strictly by Game Freak's rules in terms of how Pokémon should be portrayed as. As such, the Kanto Legendary Birds aren't deities or demigods or whatever the anime says they are, they're just birds with a graceful appearance that are rare. They don't have "special powers" or any of that crap that the anime says, they're just really rare bird Pokémon. Mewtwo on the other hand, having more of a backstory (even more in DarkViolet that you'll find out), it certainly shouldn't be able to talk. It's still a Pokémon, and Pokémon stands for Pocket Monster. Mewtwo is a monster. Nothing more.

I don't want to go too off-topic anymore, if any of you want to continue this conversation, feel free to VM me.

giradialkia composed Giovanni's theme. I told him about Giovanni's revised backstory for DarkViolet to give him some base to work with, but you would have to ask him for what exactly was his intention. Either way it sounds brilliant :)
Agreed, going off-topic is one of the things I try my best to stay far away from. And don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying that Giovanni's theme sucks in any way, I'm just curious about some parts in the song. Anyways, best of luck throughout the rest of the game. Like always you're doing one hell of a job. Can't wait for beta 2!

Years
I noticed a small tile bug and a small typo:

24o6o9u.png

9zwxet.png

I am loving this hack! I played through most of the current beta and I can't wait for the final release. Take your time though, of course. :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Am I mistaking or is there a serious lack of PokeMart's on the map? I'm at the third gym now and used my 10 starter poke balls. Or is there another way to get poke balls?

Back