• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Just wanted to say that I love this hack, and to keep up the good work, hopefully you take your time with it and make it perfect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    If i play on this beta will i be able to use my save all throughout the progress of this hack?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    If i play on this beta will i be able to use my save all throughout the progress of this hack?

Yes,you will.Play this beta, then when another one or the full release comes out,you patch another clean fire red rom and use the save file you've been using on the beta to continue where you left off.

Years
  • I don't want to reveal much postgame information, but it says in the first post that DarkViolet's Kanto Dex contains all 151 Generation I Pokémon.

EDIT: @HeatedMo, I was looking at one of the comments on your Let's Play of this hack, and I noticed something that YouTube user "Aussie Helioptile" said:

I never said any of that. The Sevii Islands will not be in this game, you can't go to Johto, and I am NOT going to remake RSE and DPPt.

Damn too bad i wanted to see a emerald and platinum remake from you lol

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Loving the new screenshots.
    Especially the guy building the Train Station, makes more sense as too it getting there in G/S/C.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    @ Chaos rush. When you get around to the pokemon league will you make it like the league from ashgray? I think that would be awesome to have to go through rounds. Anyways keep up the good work I love your hack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    please tell me you can catch ditto in beta 2 i really need a ditto for breeding to complete the dex..

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    @ Chaos rush. When you get around to the pokemon league will you make it like the league from ashgray? I think that would be awesome to have to go through rounds. Anyways keep up the good work I love your hack.
    I have never played AshGray, and I will say right now that the Pokémon League will be the same as the original (but with updated teams, of course).

please tell me you can catch ditto in beta 2 i really need a ditto for breeding to complete the dex..
    Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)
    :)

I'm glad to see that you want to complete the Pokédex, you'll understand why when the full game comes out :)

As for Beta 2, even though I said it will go up to seven Gyms, and from the screenshot in my signature you can see that I have seven Gyms done, I want Beta 2 to be perfect. I am in the process of redoing Pokédex entries, as well as all TM compatibilities, and also dialogue proofreading. In addition to that, MrDollSteak has agreed to implement some Gen IV and V abilities for me, as well as revise some attack animations. Basically, I want Beta 2 to have all the "dirty work" taken care of, so that after Beta 2, the full game release can come as quickly as possible. So be patient guys :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I have never played AshGray, and I will say right now that the Pokémon League will be the same as the original (but with updated teams, of course).

I'm glad to see that you want to complete the Pokédex, you'll understand why when the full game comes out :)

Believe it or not,i already have over 110 pokemon as 'caught' on the Pokedex.I really love your hack and i got super into it, spent a lot of time training pokemon so they can evolve to ''fill up the pages'' of the Pokedex. And also don't worry abut us,take all time you need to make the game far beyond perfect,cuz if you release it now you'll just regret not having done what you should have.Last but not least,I LOVE reading the dex entries so if you change those too you're an angel. lol

Call me annoying,but I have one more question.Where are the move tutor/deleter/reminder in beta 2?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Believe it or not,i already have over 110 pokemon as 'caught' on the Pokedex.I really love your hack and i got super into it, spent a lot of time training pokemon so they can evolve to ''fill up the pages'' of the Pokedex. And also don't worry abut us,take all time you need to make the game far beyond perfect,cuz if you release it now you'll just regret not having done what you should have.Last but not least,I LOVE reading the dex entries so if you change those too you're an angel. lol

Call me annoying,but I have one more question.Where are the move tutor/deleter/reminder in beta 2?

I think they're in the underground market.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Can I Trade Pokemon In This Version I Playing it on MyBoy on Phone Im Kinda Curious

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Beta 2 is actually going to have some different dex entries to Beta 1. What happened was that in Beta 1, I just used B2/W2's dex entries, and for a long reason that I don't want to explain, I made the choice to redo them again, this time choosing a dex entry from whatever game I feel like. lol, this is my favorite:

That's Rhyperior's actual dex entry that's used in HeartGold, SoulSilver, and X. I find it very amusing and hilarious that Rhyperior can shoot Geodudes out of its hands.\
    (please ignore the wrong footprint, it hasn't been edited yet, that's another reason why Beta 2 isn't coming out quite yet lol)

They're all in the Underground Market, just like they were in Beta 1.

Can I Trade Pokemon In This Version I Playing it on MyBoy on Phone Im Kinda Curious
    No, you can't. Because of the expanded move table, trading/battling with other games would become broken anyway, and you would only be able to trade with another DarkViolet ROM should I allow trading/battling. You'll be able to obtain all 210 Pokemon in a single save file so the need for trading is redundant.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Do you have a list of currently known bugs in Beta 1.1?
    (Or at least I didn't find one in the first post.)

I am going to play through it, and I found two (very minor) glitches, but I get the impression that you probably already know about those, haha.

Either way, just in case, I'm going to put them there anyway, but a list of currently known bugs would be helpful so that we aren't just pointing out the same ones over and over.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    I have some questions :
    1. Are you going to do the islands like in fire red/leaf green ?
    2. Beta 2 will be finish the pokemon league ?
    3. Its stupid questin but , are you going to do mega evolutions ?
    4. In beta 2 , have you changed the game before the rock tunnel ?
    5. Will be new stones in the game ? like stone that evolve Dusclops into Dusknoir ?
    6. Can we catch all the legendaries Pokemons in the game?

Sorry for my English :(

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I have some questions :
    1. Are you going to do the islands like in fire red/leaf green ?
    2. Beta 2 will be finish the pokemon league ?
    3. Its stupid questin but , are you going to do mega evolutions ?
    4. In beta 2 , have you changed the game before the rock tunnel ?
    5. Will be new stones in the game ? like stone that evolve Dusclops into Dusknoir ?
    6. Can we catch all the legendaries Pokemons in the game?

Sorry for my English :(

I really don't understand why you don't bother to read the description.
    1. CR said the Sevii Islands are NOT going to be in DarkViolet.
    2. He clearly stated that Beta 2 will run until Silph Co. and Sabrina.
    3. I don't think he's going to do them, as they will be really difficult to insert into a previous Generation.
    4. The game continues from Rock Tunnel onward. There will likely only be bug fixes before Rock Tunnel.
    5. Dusclops evolves by trading it with a Reaper Cloth in the regular games. I don't even know if Dusclops is in this game, but there ARE new evolutionary Stones.
    6. No, only a select few.

For the love of Arceus, just read the description before you ask these questions, which are all answered there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    I really don't understand why you don't bother to read the description.
    1. CR said the Sevii Islands are NOT going to be in DarkViolet.
    2. He clearly stated that Beta 2 will run until Silph Co. and Sabrina.
    3. I don't think he's going to do them, as they will be really difficult to insert into a previous Generation.
    4. The game continues from Rock Tunnel onward. There will likely only be bug fixes before Rock Tunnel.
    5. Dusclops evolves by trading it with a Reaper Cloth in the regular games. I don't even know if Dusclops is in this game, but there ARE new evolutionary Stones.
    6. No, only a select few.

For the love of Arceus, just read the description before you ask these questions, which are all answered there.

first thanks for answer my questions
    second , i read the descripion several times , and i dont find answer for my questions , you dont need to be so rude !!
    YOU CAN SAY HE ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS BEFORE !!!

Back