• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
After playing through the Beta and filling out most of the Pokedex, I have a team ranging between 62-64. I'm missing thw Bulbasaur Line, Squirtle Line, Dratini Line, Porygon Line and Hitmontop. Those, and the Pokemon that aren't available as of Beta 2 x)

EDIT: It seems I sold my Luck Incense by accident or something, it isn't in my bag and I can't find it. Am I screwed from completing the Pokedex? I've already caught 181 kinds so I'd prefer not to restart or anything of the sort.

Last edited:

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
Years
Do I need to restart my game to play the newest Beta??
If you want to continue your save from Beta 2, follow these instructions:
Spoiler:
No you don't ...just do that ^

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Nice job on the new beta and I hope your working on beta 3 no rush though. I just was wondering if Pokémon Origins had some influence on this game because some parts of the game feel like it.
Yes, Pokémon Origins did have an influence on DarkViolet. Specifically, Marowak's death and Giovanni's escape at Silph Co. . However, I planned out the overall storyline during summer 2012. After watching Origins, I thought actually seeing Marowak's death was more impacting, and Giovanni's escape helped convey Team Rocket as an actual terrorist organization. I figured I could incorporate that into DarkViolet without affecting the overall plot, which has been set in stone since the beginning of this project (if you remember, the purple rock in Pewter Museum has been in the game since Alpha 2, which turns out to be heavily involved in the story)

After playing through the Beta and filling out most of the Pokedex, I have a team ranging between 62-64. I'm missing thw Bulbasaur Line, Squirtle Line, Dratini Line, Porygon Line and Hitmontop. Those, and the Pokemon that aren't available as of Beta 2 x)

EDIT: It seems I sold my Luck Incense by accident or something, it isn't in my bag and I can't find it. Am I screwed from completing the Pokedex? I've already caught 181 kinds so I'd prefer not to restart or anything of the sort.
Check the Fuchsia City Poké Mart.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Cool but since there's some pokemon origins influence do you think you will make mew the last and hardest pokemon to catch?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Was solar power fixed in beta 2.1? I guess someone reported earlier that it doesn't seem to boost fire attacks in sunlight.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Am I correct in assuming you can get up to 190 filled entries in your Pokedex as of Beta 2? I have 184 atm, just lacking the Porygon line and the Dratini line and the other starter lines. I'm assuming you're unable to capture the other starters, of course.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Am I correct in assuming you can get up to 190 filled entries in your Pokedex as of Beta 2? I have 184 atm, just lacking the Porygon line and the Dratini line and the other starter lines. I'm assuming you're unable to capture the other starters, of course.

Pretty sure you can get Porygon and Dratini from the Game Corner

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I counted 190 imcluding those lines :p The other starters, seel line, tauros, fossil pokemon and other legendaries seem to be the only Pokemon unavailable.

EDIT: I'm now only lacking the Dratini line as far as Beta 2 Dex completion goes, although I'll probably hold off on it because I assume Chaos Rush doesn't expect you to have one ala Beta 2; thus the Hydreigon esqe Evolution levels. I had a blast filling out the Pokedex. x)

If anyone wants a Savefile with a nearly completed Pokedex, PM me x)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Quote chaos rush"- Reckless, Sheer Force, Iron Fist, Overcoat, and Bullet Proof are now properly implemented"
who has overcoat or bulletproof abilities?

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
Years
I counted 190 imcluding those lines :p The other starters, seel line, tauros, fossil pokemon and other legendaries seem to be the only Pokemon unavailable.

EDIT: I'm now only lacking the Dratini line as far as Beta 2 Dex completion goes, although I'll probably hold off on it because I assume Chaos Rush doesn't expect you to have one ala Beta 2; thus the Hydreigon esqe Evolution levels. I had a blast filling out the Pokedex. x)

If anyone wants a Savefile with a nearly completed Pokedex, PM me x)

You'd have to get Dratini immediately after getting to the Game Corner. It's hard, but not impossible considering how much battling you'll be doing. On the other hand, my Charizard's at Lv. 77 so I know it's possible to level up that high, even in Beta 2.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
You'd have to get Dratini immediately after getting to the Game Corner. It's hard, but not impossible considering how much battling you'll be doing. On the other hand, my Charizard's at Lv. 77 so I know it's possible to level up that high, even in Beta 2.
I don't have the priviledge of having trainers to battle, I've battled every trainer in Beta 2 as far as I know. As far as grinding spots go, I'm using the patch of grass below Pallet Town, the Tangela there give pretty decent experience and are easy enough to KO. That being said, getting Dratini to Dragonite is going to be a thing x)

EDIT: I've gone ahead and grinded a Dratini into a Dragonite! And now I'm done with the Pokedex, rejoice!

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
Years
I don't have the priviledge of having trainers to battle, I've battled every trainer in Beta 2 as far as I know. As far as grinding spots go, I'm using the patch of grass below Pallet Town, the Tangela there give pretty decent experience and are easy enough to KO. That being said, getting Dratini to Dragonite is going to be a thing x)

EDIT: I've gone ahead and grinded a Dratini into a Dragonite! And now I'm done with the Pokedex, rejoice!

I did the same thing. Had to burn up the Tangela gardens. It was fun though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Cool but since there's some pokemon origins influence do you think you will make mew the last and hardest pokemon to catch?
All I will say is that Mew will be catchable in the game at Faraway Island like in Emerald, but it will be after you beat the Elite Four.

The Pidgey family moveset should be changed because it sucks. My Pidgeotto is on level 30 and still has Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack and Gust. That is fairly lame and uncalled for.
So no Pidgey family moveset fix?
Maybe I would have actually considered changing it had you phrased your posts more politely instead of demanding I change Pidgey's moveset, as if my decision to copy the official game's moveset was a direct attack on you ("uncalled for"?). If you don't like it, then go complain to Game Freak for making it that way.

And FYI, I gave the Pidgey family Brave Bird instead of special-oriented Hurricane.

Was solar power fixed in beta 2.1? I guess someone reported earlier that it doesn't seem to boost fire attacks in sunlight.
I have notified MrDollSteak about it, and once it can be verified that it actually doesn't work, it would be fixed by the final release.

Quote chaos rush"- Reckless, Sheer Force, Iron Fist, Overcoat, and Bullet Proof are now properly implemented"
who has overcoat or bulletproof abilities?
None, actually. Don't ask why they're implemented. They just are. lol

Congrats on the Dragonite, but just so you know, Dratini's first wild appearance is planned for Route 23 (hence its evolutionary levels being changed to match the Deino line). I personally don't consider the Smoochum and Dratini lines as "available" in Beta 2 even though they technically are (Jynx will appear in Seafoam Islands and Dratini/Dragonair will appear on Route 23).

Mark APS

Forum Noob :)
Years
First Off just want to say awesome job Chaos , DV is the best pokemon hack I have ever played !
I've captured 188 pokemon ( currently grinding my Dratini to complete the current 190 )

A few minor glitches / bugs i noticed where:

Charizard can't learn Wing Attack since Charmeleon was changed to evolve at lvl 40 and Charizard learns Wing Attack at lvl 36 ( Not sure if this was intentional or not ).

When in Silph Co. I became trapped where you collect the Card Key by not battling the grunt next to the teleporter pad.
I didn't battle the grunt prior to teleporting therefore after i collected the Card Key he walked towards me trapping me in the one wide lane. - Not the best explanation but I don't think I can post screenshots sorry :(

Your version of Kanto is how the remakes should have been made , and it fells like a real pokemon game ( unlike most other hacks on this site ). I also enjoyed alot of the alterations you made to the original story specifically the addition of Green and your rivals actually having a bit of character aswell as Giovanni and Kamon.

The R/S/E graphics are also a nice change as most hacks now tends to focus alot on graphics but personally i think simpler is better, its a GBA game its not supposed to be HD.

Also First Post :D

Edit : Also I was wondering if you planned on adding another Up - Grade item for Porygon so you could complete a living Pokedex. ( ie have Porygon 2 and Porygon Z ).
Porygon 2 and Dragonite are the only two Pokemon I am currently missing for my living Pokedex from the current 190.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Thank you. Will beta 3 take longer than beta 2? It seems like beta 3 will have a lot more in it due to the elite four, victory road,8th gym and post game if it's included in the next update.

Back