• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I don't want to sound rude. I may come off as impatient. I really love this game so far. I've currently done everything possible I believe. Including catching every pokemon so far available. Im not asking for a beta release rather... in all curiousity how long does it generally take you to get sonething important done for the game. Such as mapping planned areas for a release. Or scripting a event. Or are yoy already done with these things and now working on smaller things for the game?
    All scripts & maps are done for Beta 2, right now smaller things are being worked on. Just be patient, it will come soon...

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Alright man, great work on your hack a lot of people love it. I hope when you finish it, that it wins hack of the year I believe it could be that good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Alright man, great work on your hack a lot of people love it. I hope when you finish it, that it wins hack of the year I believe it could be that good.

It is SO gonna win hack the year.Other hacks make up stories from scratch and most of the time i don't really like them..But this..OMG this game... I'm usually a very patient person but i can't take it anymore.It's just my opinion but this game deserves to win it all !

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Minor question. When a new patch is released, will I still be able to use the same save file? Because while I'm eagerly waiting, I'm also levelling up the team that I have on there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Minor question. When a new patch is released, will I still be able to use the same save file? Because while I'm eagerly waiting, I'm also levelling up the team that I have on there.

You could, but it may be a tad bit glitchy, this hack might not be glitchy at all if you do because there is hardly any bugs at all in it, so I'd try it on the old save file first

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Minor question. When a new patch is released, will I still be able to use the same save file? Because while I'm eagerly waiting, I'm also levelling up the team that I have on there.
    Yes, you can continue your save file. Just don't save in Route 10 or Route 9 before making the switch because there was a tile error on Route 9 that's been fixed, and Route 10 has different event offsets (for one thing, there won't be a sign blocking Rock Tunnel anymore, lol)

Beta 2 is coming VERY VERY soon. It might even be today, but I can't give any promises :)

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Yes, you can continue your save file. Just don't save in Route 10 or Route 9 before making the switch because there was a tile error on Route 9 that's been fixed, and Route 10 has different event offsets (for one thing, there won't be a sign blocking Rock Tunnel anymore, lol)

Beta 2 is coming VERY VERY soon. It might even be today, but I can't give any promises :)

It better be today lol I even had a dream it would be. I'm hoping it is.

EDIT: It appears you will have a stint of bad luck if you dont because I'm the devil and have 666 posts.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Hopefully tomorrow for certain :) . At least we know it it's pretty close to coming out.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I really like the RSE-ification of the graphics.
    R/S/E graphics >>>>> FR/LG graphics

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    After working on getting the last things done today... it's finally here...

Pokémon DarkViolet Beta 2.0!

This release allows you to get seven badges, and ends upon defeating Sabrina, the 7th Gym Leader.

The link is at the bottom of this post. If you want to play it immediately, then scroll down lol. If you want to read about what this has to offer, then click on the spoiler!

Here are some of the major changes/additions with this release!
    Spoiler:

If you want to continue your save from Beta 1, follow these instructions:
    Spoiler:

Known glitches/bugs:
    Spoiler:

With all that said, here is the not-so-long awaited Beta 2!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6r5wlgxz5h21snd/PokemonDarkVioletBeta2_0Fixedv2.ips

Last edited:
    Years
  • After working on getting the last things done today... it's finally here...

Pokémon DarkViolet Beta 2.0!

This release allows you to get seven badges, and ends upon defeating Sabrina, the 7th Gym Leader.

The link is at the bottom of this post. If you want to play it immediately, then scroll down lol. If you want to read about what this has to offer, then click on the spoiler!

Here are some of the major changes/additions with this release!
    Spoiler:

If you want to continue your save from Beta 1, follow these instructions:
    Spoiler:

Known glitches/bugs:
    Spoiler:

With all that said, here is the not-so-long awaited Beta 2!
    https://www.mediafire.com/?u48eq8vcjoinsig
    Well I'll be a Mankey's uncle. You did it man! Great job. Random question though. Among the hidden abilities, will Technician Scizor become a thing?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Well I'll be a Mankey's uncle. You did it man! Great job. Random question though. Among the hidden abilities, will Technician Scizor become a thing?
    Yes, you can catch a Scyther and it will have a 50% chance of having Technician, and then you can evolve it into Scizor with the Metal Stone, and you'll have a Technician Scizor!!! :)

Years
  • Man it feel like it my birthday both glazed and dark violet both have new beta out i am a happy camper :) Hope i am not bugging you but did you take off the evolution changes if you did can put them back up unless i just missed the list hahha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    The game is not working. It freezes the moment you choose a move to battle either a wild pokemon or a trainer's pokemon.i patched a clean fire red rom and continued normally where where i saved.I also followed your instructions that said save in cerulean city, and match the name of your save file with the rom's. What am i missing? And please PLEASE don't tell me that i have to start over from the beginning..I can't throw all the work i put into the Pokedex away!! :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    I also have problem with freezing game. I started new game and now I'm battling Blue. I choose attack and then game freeze.

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Route 10 is blocked by rock tiles in the new version. I can't access it at all on my current, repatched version.

Back