• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    This might be a sort of dumb question, but where can I find the Eevee evolution items? I want a Vaporeon, but Celadon no longer has the evolution stones.

Also is Light Ball obtainable?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Route 10 is blocked by rock tiles in the new version. I can't access it at all on my current, repatched version.
    You might have missed it due to the redownload, but I said to save in Cerulean City first before patching. And you have to patch to a clean FireRed ROM, you're not supposed to repatch to the same file.

i cant go into the cave , the rock tile block the way
    Again, did you save in Cerulean City before patching? And did you use a new, clean FireRed ROM?

This might be a sort of dumb question, but where can I find the Eevee evolution items? I want a Vaporeon, but Celadon no longer has the evolution stones.

Also is Light Ball obtainable?
    Talk to the Hiker in the Underground Market for stone items. And the Light Ball is obtained in the same way as the official games, meaning it's had a small chance of being attached to wild Pikachu. Wild Pikachu can be found in the Safari Zone and Power Plant.

EDIT:

Please redownload again, as people have pointed out elsewhere that there's a problem with Team Rocket in Viridian City. My apologies:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6r5wlgxz5h21snd/PokemonDarkVioletBeta2_0Fixedv2.ips

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • After working on getting the last things done today... it's finally here...

Pokémon DarkViolet Beta 2.0!

*During a battle if the user and opponent both have Motor Drive as their ability, when the ability activates it will only reference the user's name. While technically a bug, the only Pokémon in the game that has Motor Drive is Electivire, and no one in Beta 2 has an Electivire, so idk why I'm even pointing this out because there's no way to actually experience this glitch in Beta 2 lol[/spoiler]

With all that said, here is the not-so-long awaited Beta 2!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6r5wlgxz5h21snd/PokemonDarkVioletBeta2_0Fixedv2.ips

How the heck you manage to find that out? lol

Now to go sit on my toilet and play some Darkviolet on my PSP!

EDIT: What does the trees look like because I don't recall if they look any different from before.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Let me just say this is the "BEST" hack Remake of a Region I've played I just made it to Celadon City & I'm VERY impressed wit the buildings & city layout keep up the great work & can't wait for your G/S/C Remake!

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    you did the game to easy , all of my pokemons level 50+ and i have only 4 pokemons , on the fifth gym.
    besides its fun :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Alright! But where do I catch a Scyther?
    I've made sure that you can see at least one member of every evolutionary family by battling every trainer, meaning you can easily check your Pokédex to see where Pokémon are found.

you did the game to easy , all of my pokemons level 50+ and i have only 4 pokemons , on the fifth gym.
    besides its fun :D
    I don't recommend only having four Pokémon by then. You should definitely have five or six by the fifth Gym. I balanced the levels from that point on with a full team of six, since I know that there's some people that like to have a full team from the get-go.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Great news about Beta 2.0, really looking forward to progressing onwards through the hack! I also think I know that elusive 8th Gym Leader too..

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    I don't recommend only having four Pokémon by then. You should definitely have five or six by the fifth Gym. I balanced the levels from that point on with a full team of six, since I know that there's some people that like to have a full team from the get-go.

and i still beat Daisy and Koga :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Awesome work. What happens if you don't patch the beta 2 does that mean you have to start all over?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Awesome work. What happens if you don't patch the beta 2 does that mean you have to start all over?
    I don't quite get what you're asking.

To continue your save file from Beta 1, follow these instructions:
    1. Before downloading Beta 2, save in Cerulean City. Don't ask why, just do it.
    2. Patch Beta 2 to a separate, clean FireRed ROM
    3. Take the save file from your Beta 1.x game, and rename it to match your Beta 2 game.
    4. Load up Beta 2. If you're in Cerulean City and you see new trees, congratulations, you did it right.
    5. (optional) Now I'm not sure, but you might have to fight that invisible Rocket Grunt glitch on Nugget Bridge one more time. That's a leftover glitch from Beta 1 that's no longer a glitch if you start with Beta 2, but because of how variables work and such, you might have to fight him ONE MORE TIME, and then everything should be normal

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Oh ok thank you that makes sense. I wasn't sure how to patch it thank you. :)

Back