• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Delta Emerald (Version 1.1.5)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    I keep freezing when getting an egg on daycare
    it gets stuck in the last message but the music still plays

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    Does it happen with all eggs, or just with eggs of a particular Pokémon?

I tried breeding ditto x heracross and trapinch x heracross and their egg froze
    I tried deleting all moves but it still froze
    weirdly enough bagon x sceptile (my starter) worked

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    I keep freezing when getting an egg on daycare
    it gets stuck in the last message but the music still plays

Ow that's sad ☹️i had no problem when breeding my eeveelutions, hopefully this error will be fixed soon too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    Tried with a different heracross, still freezes
    Tried with another safari park pokemon, still works
    Looks like only heracross species freezes it

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    Since you can get Budew by breeding, do you get Chingling the same way? Breeding Ditto with Chimecho holding Pure Incense causes DayCare giving me an Odd Egg which you cant hatch. Happened twice now

Actually i think that broke me the game.
    When i started playing today again, it said Pokedex: 0 at the start menu, cant open Pokedex ingame and have no Items/Key items anymore in the bag.
    Put the 2 odd eggs into the box, since you cant release eggs. RIP i guess

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    First, I want to thank you for this wonderful hack. Emerald has always been my all time favorite version and that's my first pokemon game I ever played as well.
    Including Delta Episode, Ziina, Rayquaza and everything else in to the main story is a great idea and the legendary battle at Sootopolis was so satisfying.
    But I noticed a bug. When you switch out a mega evolved pokemon, and then switch in, that pokemon returns to normal state and can't be mega evolved again. Can you fix this please?

Years
    Actually i think that broke me the game.
    When i started playing today again, it said Pokedex: 0 at the start menu, cant open Pokedex ingame and have no Items/Key items anymore in the bag.
    Put the 2 odd eggs into the box, since you cant release eggs. RIP i guess

Gosh, I'm so sorry. I always felt I did something wrong when expanding the Pokémon and item slots. Looks like their new RAM location overlaps RAM location for stuff, connected with eggs. The only thing I can suggest for breeding is trading your Pokémon to my other hack and breed them there. It should be much more stable there as it has far less changes than Delta Emerald.

First, I want to thank you for this wonderful hack. Emerald has always been my all time favorite version and that's my first pokemon game I ever played as well.
    Including Delta Episode, Ziina, Rayquaza and everything else in to the main story is a great idea and the legendary battle at Sootopolis was so satisfying.
    But I noticed a bug. When you switch out a mega evolved pokemon, and then switch in, that pokemon returns to normal state and can't be mega evolved again. Can you fix this please?

I'm glad you enjoyed the hack overall!
    As for the bug, I'm afraid I cannot do anything with that. That bug comes from the new battle engine itself, which I didn't develop myself, so I have no way to fix that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    Gosh, I'm so sorry. I always felt I did something wrong when expanding the Pokémon and item slots. Looks like their new RAM location overlaps RAM location for stuff, connected with eggs. The only thing I can suggest for breeding is trading your Pokémon to my other hack and breed them there. It should be much more stable there as it has far less changes than Delta Emerald.

As for the bug, I'm afraid I cannot do anything with that. That bug comes from the new battle engine itself, which I didn't develop myself, so I have no way to fix that.

na dude its fine, its still in progress
    had a save state not thaaaat far behind, so i can play from there again

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    Hey there! Had to create an account just to talk about your project. Truth be told, I've never played any pokemon game past gen V, I really wish I could, so it's projects like yours that gives a little taste of these new generations, and that's awesome. At first, It really seems like a standard version of the same, good old Pokémon emerald we all love, but it really isn't! Just finished the E4 and I must say, it's by far one of the best hacks I've ever played this year. Now I'm just wondering where the tickets (to birth island, etc) are, perhaps you could give me a little hint?

Anyways, keep going! I really wanna see what you'll do next

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024

Actually maybe battle factory could be the reason? I saved after the battle before the next battle. Didnt try that out again.

It seems now that every egg i get is ODD. I first thought ditto might be the problem, but it isnt.. idk whats wrong here

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022

I assume that means you use the same battle engine as for pre developed emerald hacks, right? I played pokemon theta emerald and pokemon hyper emerald but none of them has this issue, so you should check them out and find out the problem maybe? I totally understand if you can't fix this bug, but I really want this hack to be as perfect as possible because I really love it and decided that I will replay it many times.
    Oh, and I found a video on youtube about the soaring feature of pokemon Ruby. (Sorry I can't cite the link here yet because I didn't have enough 5 posts, but you can search "soaring pokemon ruby" and you'll see it)
    They said that it could be used for emerald. Can you consider of adding soaring feature to the game? That would be fantastic!

Years
    Hey there! Had to create an account just to talk about your project. Truth be told, I've never played any pokemon game past gen V, I really wish I could, so it's projects like yours that gives a little taste of these new generations, and that's awesome. At first, It really seems like a standard version of the same, good old Pokémon emerald we all love, but it really isn't! Just finished the E4 and I must say, it's by far one of the best hacks I've ever played this year. Now I'm just wondering where the tickets (to birth island, etc) are, perhaps you could give me a little hint?

Anyways, keep going! I really wanna see what you'll do next

Thank you for your support. I'm really glad you liked it! As for the tickets, I'm already preparing the next update of the hack for release, where a guide with all new item and Pokémon locations will be included.
    It will be out very soon.

Actually maybe battle factory could be the reason? I saved after the battle before the next battle. Didnt try that out again.

It seems now that every egg i get is ODD. I first thought ditto might be the problem, but it isnt.. idk whats wrong here

Hm, it really could be Battle Factory, as Battle Tower also erases your Pokédex. I'm gonna check every battle facility. Looks like I messed up RAM quite badly 😅
    Also I checked what eggs Chimecho with Pure Incense produces. It didn't break my game or anything, but the egg just wouldn't hatch. Very strange stuff. Should probably also check what's wrong with Heracross and Pinsir eggs, as Rikabuto reported the problem.

I assume that means you use the same battle engine as for pre developed emerald hacks, right? I played pokemon theta emerald and pokemon hyper emerald but none of them has this issue, so you should check them out and find out the problem maybe? I totally understand if you can't fix this bug, but I really want this hack to be as perfect as possible because I really love it and decided that I will replay it many times.

Very weird. I'm gonna check what's wrong, but I don't think I will be able to fix it.
    And believe me, I understand your desire for this hack to be perfect as possible, I'm kind of a perfectionist myself. I try to fix every spotted bug, but unfortunately sometimes I just don't have enough skills.
    Still, I'm glad that despite all bugs you enjoyed it!

Oh, and I found a video on youtube about the soaring feature of pokemon Ruby. (Sorry I can't cite the link here yet because I didn't have enough 5 posts, but you can search "soaring pokemon ruby" and you'll see it)
    They said that it could be used for emerald. Can you consider of adding soaring feature to the game? That would be fantastic!

Yeah, I know about this feature, I really wanted to include it in Delta Emerald as well. But the problem is that soaring can be added through only pokeemerald decompilation project, which is not compatible with work-in-progress hacks. I would've had to start everything from scratch and I absolutely didn't want to lose everything I worked on so far. Still, if one day someone will make that thing available for ongoing hacks, I will definitely include it.

Last edited:

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    STikER, don't pressure yourself man.

For all the people here, rom hacking is not easy. Adding a new feature can make a game more buggy, experience screen freeze and the worst, start again from scratch. Lets be satisfied and greatful on the current features. Let the hack creator do his best to fix all or almost the bugs reported. I don't want or meant to fight, hahaha. ✌️

I am also one of those who are waiting for the next version update.👍😁

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Yeah, I know about this feature, I really wanted to include it in Delta Emerald as well. But the problem is that soaring can be added through only pokeemerald decompilation project, which is not compatible with work-in-progress hacks. I would've had to start everything from scratch and I absolutely didn't want to lose everything I worked on so far. Still, if one day someone will make that thing available for ongoing hacks, I will definitely include it.

Ok I understand that. One thing I know for sure is hacking is not easy and I really appreciate what you bring us. I already satisfied with the current version and the fact that you are still trying to make it better is wonderful. Wish you best luck.
    I'm really looking for the next release.

Back