• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • I hope you don't get too enthused (not too sure about this word), Green Charizard. Remember you have us waiting, and not all of use will be able to feel the joy you're currently experiencing...

Hehe, whatever. Hey, do you know Japanese to play it and to figure out how the events will be made, or you're just playing it almost blindly, and will just follow the paths the events follow without taking care of the text?
    Because, how about if someone with knowledge in Japanese helps you translating the text? (It could help you to get more events too, I think)

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    When I played threw Diamond, I stuck around serebii and used gamefaqs for knowing what to do. If your going to try to accurately make the game, I suggest both places because they would know for sure what's what. Someone might even put up a rought outline or translation of what characters are saying per event.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Hey everyone, good news, I completed Pokemon Diamond a few days ago :D, it's amazing! Nope I don't know a word of Japanese, but theres lots of pictures and symbols, not too hard. When you get an item, it shows the bag pocket it's putting it in. I did most of this blindly, but it's pretty standard Pokemon, but with larger routes and more fancy stuff. This is a problem in this hack, the shear size of Shinou, the tilesets random 3D scenes, music, things like being able to play a tune on your GYM badges. It can't be done. But then I'd like to draw your attention to where it says "partial premake" . I don't know how far I'll go with this. But I hope you can play it and know what your doing straight away when you get your D/P. The text is a problem, correct, I might just make it up if I can't get someone to translate it for me.
    Sohappy PM me and tell me what sprites you need, I'll send 'em.

The bad news: little hack advances and the Wii comes out on Friday, I'll try to get something done.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Woah, the Wii hasn't came out yet where you are? It has where I am. I don't have it, but I want it! Anyway, nice to hear you finished D/P, I'm playing it too! I hope you get as far as you can on this, D/P rules!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    green charizard i have sent u a PM but can i get sprites aswell treeko lv.100 knows what i am doing but anyway i am trying to get the basics of rom-hackign and i thougth i'd do it with D/P sprites

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    excellent. absolutely extraordinary. this looks so much like diamond and pearl. you have done an amazing job with this game and i congratulate you.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Wow, so you're actually playing a Japanese copy for accuracy? Neat! BTW, someone at Serebii.net translates a lot of stuff... you could ask them?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • This is a problem in this hack, the shear size of Shinou, the tilesets random 3D scenes, music, things like being able to play a tune on your GYM badges. It can't be done.

The bad news: little hack advances and the Wii comes out on Friday, I'll try to get something done.

As long as something that has "a feel" of D/P is done, that's just more than enough. Of course, many internal things that the game has will be impossible, but if it is about scripting, you can create many interesting things, as I'm beginning to find out! (I guess that a few things from D/P can be done in this generation too, that's what I hope...)

All right, so you're getting the Wii too... Hmmm... Should I come back to this thread in a few days? OK, have fun, don't forget us!

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
    Years
  • sorry but it feels like, you made this hack, you bought this game, youre playing it and abandonned the game. zel would have done a better job.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • sorry but it feels like, you made this hack, you bought this game, youre playing it and abandonned the game. zel would have done a better job.
    That's fair enough. I am a Pokemon fan after all, I'm bound to want to play DP. I will continue but I don't know how much to do. School is a nightmare at the moment and I've been helping out on Sun and Moon. I also run a website. Which means I have no time in the week to hack at all. I might make a total new hack after this I don't like following things set in stone. But I will guarantee this: I will release another alpha before I stop this. I'm sorry if anyone is upset by this but I can't make the whole DP, it's impossible. Technically and by the amount of time it would take. Once again I refer to the title "partial premake". But it's a basis for everyone to hack off. Sorry everyone. I'll get the next alpha done as soon as possible.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • this hack is excelent, u cannot stop to work at it.
    I really like it
    good luck

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    D/P is Fun I beat it ages ago but its still fun because I can trade from my 3rd gen games.

D/P has great music sucks it cant be put in. But really all D/P's music is just RSE's music remixed

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    That's fair enough. I am a Pokemon fan after all, I'm bound to want to play DP. I will continue but I don't know how much to do. School is a nightmare at the moment and I've been helping out on Sun and Moon. I also run a website. Which means I have no time in the week to hack at all. I might make a total new hack after this I don't like following things set in stone. But I will guarantee this: I will release another alpha before I stop this. I'm sorry if anyone is upset by this but I can't make the whole DP, it's impossible. Technically and by the amount of time it would take. Once again I refer to the title "partial premake". But it's a basis for everyone to hack off. Sorry everyone. I'll get the next alpha done as soon as possible.

i may not be that good but i can ty to help you out if that is ok but i may need to put up a group and all you have to do is say what event go where mhat maps go and what pokemon to place and i can insert new pokemon

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    No he means its impossible to add alot of things. Like a city in D/P is about the size of 2 RSE ones. Also the text translation and the scripting. GC knows what he's saying.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    the only reaon for the rocks are because this is only an alpha to give you an idea of what to expect

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Well you guys should already know Green Charizard rules at hacking. So I would say not to worry about it. GC knows what he's doing folks. I'm supporting you buddy for sure, good luck GC!

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • This looks very good so far... Sorry if i already posted in the last 16 pages, with the same message... tell me if you need any help or anything... GOOD LUCK!

flamefire1031

The Never Appearing...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    ur diamond hack dosnt work. i get a proffessor birch pic, not nana-watsthingys pic and the case in the profs house, u choose pkmn and poof u battle, i chose naetoru and it has no moves, and when i enter that lake place it says HELP ME!!!!! and all that and then the case is like way out in the trees where i cant get it! wat is goin on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back