• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
That's exactly what I was thinking, I think this will be the final game core mechanic that will cover the "???" presented on the website.

I'm hoping it's something big..

I still have my fingers and toes crossed for co-op play... Or just some kind of really compelling multiplayer.

Or maybe it's their DLC platform.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well I wont get my hopes up since I wasn't expecting this in the first place. If they don't show anything impressive I wont be disappointed at least.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
I have class at 9:00am tomorrow. The time fits nicely for me.

Hope for some Pokken Fighters info as well as any information they're willing to divulge for X and Y.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I won't be able to check until noon because of my schedule, but I'll definitely be checking back here for updates. I'm expecting a lot of news to match with the Direct back in January.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I have to wake up at 6 AM for this?! D=

I wanted to sleep late!

6 AM is for all of you in Central Time.

So the rest of the states will be +2 and -3 I believe. Some will have to wake up as early as 3 AM and some as late as 8 AM. Feel sorry for you kids in school, luckily Suicune said he'll update for everyone that misses.

I'll try to help as I don't expect to sleep tonight now. XD

If any of you want to try and match your time to see how early you'll need to wake up. It is currently 12:35 while I'm posting this. Your time should be different when you look at my post time. Subtract or add to your current time and that is the Zone difference between us. Then take my 6 AM and either add or subtract from it to see when it is going to air for you. If anyone else posts a time converter, you'll be a saint.

Darn I'll have to wake up at 3 am again for this direct...oh well it'll proably be easier for me to stay up all night if I can't sleep...or I may go to bed early... btw Xander I'll recommend you sleep early still and set an alarm which only you can hear (or not loud enough to wake up one's neighbors or family) as staying up until 6 Am is grueling...

I don't expect any spin off news. I think they'll focus on XY only if not they'll proably would be calling this simply Pokémon Direct or something along those lines.

And yes it could very well be the final ??? Wonder what it is...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Yay! Can't wait for more overdesigned and horrible Mega Evolutions.

Apart from that, new pokémon and new areas are to be expected. As well, backwards compatibility functions would be nice.

Years
I'm kinda grateful that it's 12PM for UK but it sucks for those in the US, hopefully it will be worth waking up at 6AM cause it definitely was last time when they did a Pokémon Direct.
It sure was...however those like me who live on the west coast had to wake up at 3Am, but it was still worth it :3.
It better be big if not I'm going to go back to sleep dreaming of throwing my 3DS at the computer screen xD.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
They always manage to schedule these when I have lessons at school. :p I will eagerly await coming home and catching up

Years
When we had nintendo direct last time and what information we got back than?
Let's see the games were announced in during January 8th's Pokémon Direct and they showed the starters, and mascots. And in the Nintendo Direct during E3 they announced the Fairy type and showed several Pokemon whose types were retconned to being part Fairy. If this is anything like them it should be some significant, or game changing. Could be the new type chart as the last direct with Pokemon news (the E3 one) showed off the Fairy type so it'll be a good spot to pick up from.

Years
Let's see the games were announced in during January 8th's Pokémon Direct and they showed the starters, and mascots. And in the Nintendo Direct during E3 they announced the Fairy type and showed several Pokemon whose types were retconned to being part Fairy. If this is anything like them it should be some significant, or game changing. Could be the new type chart as the last direct with Pokemon news (the E3 one) showed off the Fairy type so it'll be a good spot to pick up from.

oh I didn't knew that the E3 was count as nintendo direct.
If it anything like the last one it should be big news, mabye they will reveal the story(crossing my fingers for a storyline that is good as BW's was)

blue

gucci
Years
When we had nintendo direct last time and what information we got back than?

The last (and first) Pokémon Direct was in January when they announced Pokémon X and Y, which leads me to believe that this may be something quite big with it being another Pokémon Direct event.

Years
oh I didn't knew that the E3 was count as nintendo direct.
If it anything like the last one it should be big news, mabye they will reveal the story(crossing my fingers for a storyline that is good as BW's was)
I really doubt they'll go ahead and just reveal the story. As far as I can remember they've never revealed it before a game's come out, they allow us to figure it out on our own...plus it'll be a major spoiler if they do...
However more info the legends and Team Flare would be nice, maybe show Ghetsis level admin.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Hmm, 6 AM doesn't sound so bad. I was too lazy to convert the time zones and assumed it was at a ridiculously early time for me. My classes start at 9, and I usually wake up at 7, so I definitely won't mind setting my alarm an hour earlier.

I also find it convenient that they announce this the day before it happens, and not a week or something.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
6 AM for me. I have a mandatory work out tomorrow morning at 630 so maybe I can catch the first ten minutes or so live. Then I'll come back and catch it after about an hour.

I'm hoping for the new type chart and more Team Flare info. I'm also hoping for the region Champion as I did not like Iris as champion. I want one diverse and as powerful as Cynthia.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
Very interesting and unexpected announcement from Nintendo. I'm kinda of pump because the last a Nintendo Direct has been dedicated sorely to Pokemon was the original Jan. 8th announcement of X & Y. I expect them to give use a good bulk of info that should coincide with more info from the October CoroCoro next week. Here is my expectations:

1. Full details about Mega-Evolutions
2. Full details about Fairy type including the new type chart
3. A new and possibly the final trailer (unless there is one more to go along with next week's CoroCoro). It will probably be at the end of the direct.
4. Starters' evolutions
5. More X/Y Pokemon
6. Miscellaneous new footage of different areas such as the Coastal Kalos, landmarks, etc through the direct such.
7. ''Maybe'' more on Team Flare or very basic things about the plot.

Final thoughts: Nintendo is going all out with marketing the new games including generating a new handle held (Nintendo 2DS) for 7 year old's and younger so they can operate the games without backlash on Children breaking the system or 3D effect being bad. Nintendo is treated the hype and feeding its audience for a first time ever in a pokemon franchise. Proving to make this go as smoothly and successful (profitable) launch of Pokemon since the original G/S/C & R/B/Y. So far its working lol.

Last edited:
Years
Well my time zone is two hours ahead of Japan's I think so 10PM might be the time the announcement is on for me. At least I tend to stay up around that time so I definitely won't miss it.

But nice to see more new details potentially being revealed, I'm probably expecting Mega Evolutions, Gym Leader/Elite Four lineups and Champion, the Fairy-type matchups (even if CoroCoro is leaking that) and maybe more info on Team Flare.

Back