• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Bro!! I am really reaaaaally interested in the story! i like it! and the thing is how the story gonna finish! :) can't wait final release!! do you think can you finish it this year~? ^^

Definitely won't be done this year but I will be having a beta release in the near future.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
so hyped for the beta :) can it at least be like 2 hours of gameplay? if not thats ok haha

Le pug

Years
so hyped for the beta :) can it at least be like 2 hours of gameplay? if not thats ok haha

Up until the third city, playing it without 2x speed and not talking to anyone but those you need to keep going through the story, it's about 2 hours of gameplay. So I'm expecting the entire beta without extra events to be 2.5-3 hours and if you talk to others probably a little longer.

b58

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 25, 2019
I am waiting too.... Nice story...
Will definitely try....

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2015
Is it possible to get a notepad file or something of all the pokemon planned for the beta / future releases? I'd be pretty interested in seeing what you guys think fit in with this pokemon world.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2019
Couldn't you just replace the pokedex with some kind of journal where you write down your observations of the pokemon you encountered? (i.e. just change the name of the pokedex and adjust colors so that it doesn't look sci-fiey)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Couldn't you just replace the pokedex with some kind of journal where you write down your observations of the pokemon you encountered? (i.e. just change the name of the pokedex and adjust colors so that it doesn't look sci-fiey)
I like it, I actually was even thinking about this a few days ago but for now there is gonna be no pokedex and trust me, everything will still work when capturing pokemon and such so there's no worries with that. We are still trying to get everything else done too, so it may take a while for this to be implemented if we implement it.

Is it possible to get a notepad file or something of all the pokemon planned for the beta / future releases? I'd be pretty interested in seeing what you guys think fit in with this pokemon world.
We may do this. In my opinion, I don't think this is necessary for this hack because our goal is to let the players have freedom and to discover stuff, like pokemon, on their own, so I personally don't see the point in writing a pokemon list because on the fact that the player should discover what's in store on their own. A evolution list on the other hand might actually happen, because I don't want people YAPing, G3HSing, PGEing or whatever pokemon editor-ing this hack if we include pokemon with trade evo's then how would you know what it evolves into, if the hack doesn't require trading?

Progress is still going by really slow, Le Pug and I have both been very busy and I can't guarantee how long will it take for the beta to be up for download. Please be patient with us. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2015
Yeah that's a pretty good philosophy actually. I look forward to discovering the pokemon in the beta!

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Really excited for this! I love the totally new storyline and the LOW idea. It's not often I see hacks with an entirely different storyline from: kid gets starter, evil team doing evil things in home region, kid stops them. Hope this gets finished and that we get an alpha/beta soon!

Le pug

Years
I have a little update on the status of the progress for the hack. Progression has been slow in the past two months mainly because I was at the end of my qualifying process. Now that I'm finally done after 2.5 years and I'm a qualified nuclear reactor operator for the US Navy, I finally have free time once more to dedicate to the hack. Progression hasn't been at a complete stop, though, as I have added another route to the beta and twisted around the main storyline to add a major LoW (Level of Will) event. Not gonna get hopes up by giving a predicted release date but know that I'll be working hard on getting it done.

Years
I have a little update on the status of the progress for the hack. Progression has been slow in the past two months mainly because I was at the end of my qualifying process. Now that I'm finally done after 2.5 years and I'm a qualified nuclear reactor operator for the US Navy, I finally have free time once more to dedicate to the hack. Progression hasn't been at a complete stop, though, as I have added another route to the beta and twisted around the main storyline to add a major LoW (Level of Will) event. Not gonna get hopes up by giving a predicted release date but know that I'll be working hard on getting it done.

Nuclear Reactor operator for the US Navy? Sounds important! :D
Congratulations, and hopefully you'll give us a freaking beta already!
I love the titlescreen and the music, when a beta does come out, i'll probably just listen to that music over and over xD

Le pug

Years
Nuclear Reactor operator for the US Navy? Sounds important! :D
Congratulations, and hopefully you'll give us a freaking beta already!
I love the titlescreen and the music, when a beta does come out, i'll probably just listen to that music over and over xD

thats actually a video from when i was working on discovery on a ruby base. I switched to emerald and never updated the video. Still have to insert the titlescreen img but the tears of life track has since been updated by jillyshears to sound better. Here is the new version:
Spoiler:

so you can compare to the old version:
Spoiler:

Years
thats actually a video from when i was working on discovery on a ruby base. I switched to emerald and never updated the video. Still have to insert the titlescreen img but the tears of life track has since been updated by jillyshears to sound better. Here is the new version:
Spoiler:

so you can compare to the old version:
Spoiler:

Hmmm...
I personally like the Ruby one best, it really sounds like a flute in the high pitched parts. Maybe it's low quality of the music, and if so, it's one of those times where you just did something good on accident.
Maybe you could put both side by side on the main thread and start a Poll to see which one the public likes better

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hmmm...
I personally like the Ruby one best, it really sounds like a flute in the high pitched parts. Maybe it's low quality of the music, and if so, it's one of those times where you just did something good on accident.
Maybe you could put both side by side on the main thread and start a Poll to see which one the public likes better
The two main developers of this hack, Le Pug and I, actually like the way it sounds now better, so we are actually gonna keep it that way. Thanks for sharing your opinion though, we greatly appreciate it, but we are just gonna keep the song as is right now. :)

Back